Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #2: Philadelphia 76ers 94 - Toronto Raptors 128

That was NICE!

Okay, sure, it was just the first game, and it was against a bad team, but the Raptors definitely showed a glimpse of what might be, and it sure was tantalizing. Let's see if they can keep it up in their second game - against the Process-fueled 76ers - the second (and last) game before their big west coast swing.

The Sixers play Boston tomorrow night, so they will be either coming into Toronto on a high after a big win, or determined to notch their first W of the campaign (they lost to the Wizards in a hard fought match on Wednesday).

PROJECTED STARTERS

KEYS TO THE GAME

1. Bench Mob: It was the all-bench unit that annihilated the Bulls, to the surprise of likely everyone. Whether or not Lowry and DeRozan split time with them, the young guns (along with Bench Dad Miles) will be looking to replicate the spark that they had against the Bulls.

2. OG!!!: Speaking of the young guns, I am absolutely all-in on OG Anunoby. There will definitely be growing pains, but he looked like he belonged in the rotation, and I am way too excited about both his potential and what he can bring right away.

3. Defence: Despite the fact that the game was over halfway through the second quarter, the Raps' defence definitely looked shaky at times against the Bulls. They will have to tighten it up on that end to beat better teams. Let's see if they can raise their defensive intensity against the Sixers.

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raps by 13

Comment

Embiid might not play because this will be the second game of a back to back.

Anyway, this is a good test to see what we look like against an actual team. The new look 76ers gave the Wizards a tough game last night so they're no slouch.

Comment

It won't be as awesome as last game, but Raptors should still get the win.
        OG is our king

Comment

Comment

However they can do it, would be great to start 2-0 before a tough road trip. Go Raps!

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
              Embiid might not play because this will be the second game of a back to back.
              I don't understand how some think Philly is a playoff team if Embiid only plays half a season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I don't understand how some think Philly is a playoff team if Embiid only plays half a season.
                50% Embiid
                Simmons
                Fultz
                Reddick
                Covington
                Saric
                Amir Johnson
                Okafor

Is still a very decent team, and 8th seed is basically them or like Detroit or Orlando. Pretty slim pickings
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Because the East really is that bad after the top 6 lol

Comment

They only have 14 back to backs, and Embiid will eventually play in some, I think. They don't have another till November 30th. They'll ease him back early on.

Comment

Healthy Embiid is going to play 70+ games this season.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        50% Embiid
                        Simmons
                        Fultz
                        Reddick
                        Covington
                        Saric
                        Amir Johnson
                        Okafor

Is still a very decent team, and 8th seed is basically them or like Detroit or Orlando. Pretty slim pickings
                        tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Because the East really is that bad after the top 6 lol
                        So 25 wins, gets them in. Got it.

This team is trash.

Comment

So 25 wins, gets them in. Got it.

This team is trash.
                          They won 28 last year, and basically upgraded their entire starting lineup and a lot of the bench they should quite realistically be 10 wins better
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Ha, when I saw that live I was like "why the heck did JV fall down?" but it looks like he tripped over Powell.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X