Game #2: Philadelphia 76ers 94 - Toronto Raptors 128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Healthy Embiid is going to play 70+ games this season.
    Embiid needs to prove that "healthy embiid" isn't an oxymoron, then i'll have some confidence in the 6ers being good.

Comment

Ferkin' "baby face" Bayless, that guy still looks great for 55!

Comment

Should see a much more determined Lowry. He always seems to be up for games against Philly

Comment

Would be surprised if Embiid plays in this one since it'll be a B2B for them.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            They won 28 last year, and basically upgraded their entire starting lineup and a lot of the bench they should quite realistically be 10 wins better
            I'll be damned if Reddick, and Amir's rotting carcass is good enough to lift a bunch of toddlers into the 8th seed.

Philly is trash, I tells ya. Trash!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'll be damned if Reddick, and Amir's rotting carcass is good enough to lift a bunch of toddlers into the 8th seed.

Philly is trash, I tells ya. Trash!

Comment

Delon on Lonzo Ball

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Comment

I think this goes down to the wire if Embiid plays. I see raps closing with Lowry/Deebo/CJ/OG/Ibaka. Use Ibaka/OG to match up with Embid/Simmons.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      I think this goes down to the wire if Embiid plays. I see raps closing with Lowry/Deebo/CJ/OG/Ibaka. Use Ibaka/OG to match up with Embid/Simmons.

ibaka on embiid LMAO

Comment

Nah, Ibaka would get run over by Embiid, he's a truly monsterous sized man - he is literally close to the size of a young Shaq. He manhandles smaller players.

JV is at bare minimum the one that has to guard Embiid. Regardless of who else is on the court the smartest decision would be to have OG guard Simmons to have the length and quickness to match up. When Embiid rests yes I see OG/Ibaka handling whatever combination of Simmons/Saric/Amir/Holmes but you don't want a PF getting ragdolled by Joel or him just shooting right over top of them.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          Nah, Ibaka would get run over by Embiid, he's a truly monsterous sized man - he is literally close to the size of a young Shaq. He manhandles smaller players.

JV is at bare minimum the one that has to guard Embiid. Regardless of who else is on the court the smartest decision would be to have OG guard Simmons to have the length and quickness to match up. When Embiid rests yes I see OG/Ibaka handling whatever combination of Simmons/Saric/Amir/Holmes but you don't want a PF getting ragdolled by Joel or him just shooting right over top of them.
                          Philly would just put JV on an island. Let Embiid take advantage of him on the perimeter. Ibaka has our best combination of strength/mobility. Also with how good of a rim protector Embiid is it would be nice to get him away from the rim. I know it's been a long summer but, Ibaka is still out best closer at 5. Just my opinion but, will see tomorrow night.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                            ibaka on embiid LMAO
                            Sorry forgot JV is a better defender than Ibaka.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sorry forgot JV is a better defender than Ibaka.

They would both have something to prove, but JV is generally a good one-on-one defender vs size.

JV would have to deal with Embiid's mobility and Ibaka would have to deal with his size. I'd guess we'll see some of each anyway, depending on who else is on the floor.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                They would both have something to prove, but JV is generally a good one-on-one defender vs size.

JV would have to deal with Embiid's mobility and Ibaka would have to deal with his size. I'd guess we'll see some of each anyway, depending on who else is on the floor.
                                Yeah, we will. Im talking about the closing lineup. I think they go with Ibaka.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X