No announcement yet.

Game #3: Toronto Raptors 97 - San Antonio Spurs 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hear about how Kyle wanted to go to Spurs but, Spurs werent interested. They were talking about it on TSN right after the game. Lowry was asked about it in a interview right before game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I still think they're going to finish 2nd in the East but they're not going to do much come playoff time.

I think it was Matt Moore who predicted the Raps to finish 1st in the East and then get bounced in the 1st round. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

If the Raps play the Bucks again in the playoffs, they're going to lose, they got lucky last year.
      Lucky based on what? You being grumpy that we lost to the spurs?

Comment

• This game doesn't really concern me at all.

1) Kyle is not going to play this badly most nights
        2) The Raptors aren't a *good* shooting team, but they are better than shooting 25% on mostly open looks from 3

If one of those things is alright, then they win this game.

On the other hand a team on the level of the Spurs aren't usually going to commit that many turnovers, but I think some credit goes to the active defense of the Raptors.

It's okay - you can't win every game. Losing one to a team that's roughly equal to slightly worse (without Kawhi) on the road when you can't hit a shot to save your life is definitely an acceptable one, especially since all the important pieces that are actually question marks (Poeltl, Wright, OG) looked great.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
          Lucky based on what? You being grumpy that we lost to the spurs?
          Lucky because you know.....Jabari Parker, their 2nd best player who was averaging 20ppg last year missed the playoffs. But still lol EVERY game in that series was close even without Parker. Imagine a healthy Jabari and Giannis and a MORE experienced Bucks team against the Raps in the playoffs? Raps might get swept. And i'm not exaggerating.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And don’t fool yourself that this is just the 3rd game because we have the same Coach, the same high usage iso player who can’t defend and can’t shoot the three, an aging starting PG and a PF plus a bunch of young guys.

Oh I forgot, we have Miles who can’t even get possessions.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Anyone hear about how Kyle wanted to go to Spurs but, Spurs werent interested. They were talking about it on TSN right after the game. Lowry was asked about it in a interview right before game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              Superbly bad timing of those comments and his performance tonight

Comment

• Comment

• Some can’t wait to just settle with finishing these games against West Teams so Raps can go back beating the bottom dwelllers. Life is back to normal then. Smh

That’s the acceptance I’m so amuse about.

Comment

• I thought the Raptors played well.. okay maybe not so much in their shooting or rebounding but they hung in there.. actually thought for a second the game was theirs for the taking. Toughest arena to play in (in my opinion) other than perhaps Denver.

Forced 20 turnovers on them. Spurs only shot 25% from 3 as well.

You can't win every game and this was basically a loss on paper. A win would have been nice, but we'll get them when they come and visit the ACC.

Nobody could shoot (especially Lowry). We were fouling like crazy (Ibaka fouled out). Lost the rebounding battle by like 30 and still almost won.

First star goes to Poeltl. He was great tonight. Double-double and 3 blocks. And finished with a +13 and only 2 fouls!.

Second star goes to DD. Despite playing more ISO tonight, he was the only consistent scorer tonight (and got 2 threes to boot). Defense could have been better but that always seems to be the case.

I'll give the third star to Powell for that steal and potential buzzer beater at the half. That was awesome.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      Some can’t wait to just settle with finishing these games against West Teams so Raps can go back beating the bottom dwelllers. Life is back to normal then. Smh

That’s the acceptance I’m so amuse about.
                      For the first time I actually agree with Claw.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lucky because you know.....Jabari Parker, their 2nd best player who was averaging 20ppg last year missed the playoffs. But still lol EVERY game in that series was close even without Parker. Imagine a healthy Jabari and Giannis and a MORE experienced Bucks team against the Raps in the playoffs? Raps might get swept. And i'm not exaggerating.
                        Parker makes them worse.. he takes the ball away from Giannis. They should really consider trading Parker for a better PG.

Comment

You mean the same guy who while he was actively playing for the bucks they were fighting for the eighth seed in the east?

And no we made one adjustment and then beat them handily outside of one quarter.

Comment

• Jabari or no Jabari, it’s a moot point.

Greek Freak is the player people should be worried about. His motivation to be better than the person currently sitting on the throne is what makes it scary.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                              You mean the same guy who while he was actively playing for the bucks they were fighting for the eighth seed in the east?

And no we made one adjustment and then beat them handily outside of one quarter.
                              It's a process. They're a young team. Raps went through the same exact process. But the Bucks showed in the playoffs that they're EQUAL to the Raptors even without Parker.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Jabari or no Jabari, it’s a moot point.

Greek Freak is the player people should be worried about. His motivation to be better than the person currently sitting on the throne is what makes it scary.
                                I agree with that. I'm just saying, a guy who averaged 20ppg last year, a guy that can put the ball in the hoop would've made a HUGE difference last year. Because let's face it, Giannis was the Bucks only offence last year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X