Game #3: Toronto Raptors 97 - San Antonio Spurs 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #3: Toronto Raptors 97 - San Antonio Spurs 101

After two easy and entertaining wins to start the year, the Raptors face their first real test of the season as they head out on the road to face the San Antonio Spurs. However, like with Embiid, the Raptors will probably not face an opponent's star player as Kawhi Leonard will most likely not play. On the Raptors side, I have not seen anything about JV's injury, but I will assume that he won't be playing in this game.

PROJECTED STARTERS

KEYS TO THE GAME

1. Intensity: It's one thing to beat the Bulls and Embiid-less Sixers at home, it's quite another to take on the Spurs on their home court. The Raptors need to make sure that they come out of the gate strong.

2. Shooting: The Raptors managed to pile up the points on Philly despite some cold three point shooting (Ibaka aside). The Spurs are much better defensively than the Sixers, so the Raps will need some more of those threes to drop.

3. Commitment: It's easy to commit to a new scheme when it's working against subpar opposition, but this game will show just how committed the Raptors are (as of right now) to the "culture change". If they get punched in the mouth, if they're down at the half, how will the team respond?

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I don’t understand why everyone is assuming we’re just going to lose this game. We’re a good team, they’re a good team. We’ve beaten them multiple times over the last couple years. I feel confident about our chances.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
        I don’t understand why everyone is assuming we’re just going to lose this game. We’re a good team, they’re a good team. We’ve beaten them multiple times over the last couple years. I feel confident about our chances.
        If Kawhi is out we have a great chance. He's basically irreplaceable.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
          Not everybody assume we are just going to lose this game but even without Kawahi, the Spurs opened the season playing very well and to win in San Antonio is still a difficult task to any team in this league.

Comment

Toronto hasn't won in San Antonio since the 07-08 season, it's going to be tough.

I really like this team, how it's playing, and how it's being coached, though. I'm really looking forward to this road trip to see what we've got.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

That Spurs starting lineup looks pretty bad without Kawhi, tbh. Not quite Bulls bad, but the Raps should take this one pretty easy.... on paper.

Comment

Don't sleep on the Spurs, even without Kawhi. Fundamentally sound and execute very well. Not a very intimidating roster I admit, but they will put up a tough fight. That being said we should win this one, especially if we knock down the 3 at a decent clip.

Comment

I think we take this, just gotta have a good shooting night.

Comment

Feels like most are underrating the Spurs defense here. They are really good even without Kawhi.

As an example:

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Feels like most are underrating the Spurs defense here. They are really good even without Kawhi.

As an example:

LMAO damn they're good. Yea Spurs are always amazing no matter who plays. We will be hard pressed to beat them. But it's not impossible. Especially since we normally play them well
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Sounds like a mild sprain type which is either day to day or a few weeks, good news overall.

Comment

He's traveling with the team, so that's a good sign
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Time for Poeltl Power, or Hit Me Bebe One More Time?

Comment

Working...
                              X