Scam or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam or not?

Hey guys I need help. Does anyone know the twitter account RTZ_North? They just told me I won tickets to a game in the lower bowl but require a refundable tranfer fee of $50. And they want it by e-transfer. I called bs but curious if anyone else has dealt with them. They have alot of followers.

Sounds like a really bad scam. Good for you not getting fooled.

Comment

Is the owner a Nigerian Prince?!

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
        Hey guys I need help. Does anyone know the twitter account RTZ_North? They just told me I won tickets to a game in the lower bowl but require a refundable tranfer fee of $50. And they want it by e-transfer. I called bs but curious if anyone else has dealt with them. They have alot of followers.
        Here's the thing - did you do anything (enter a contest etc) to win the tickets? If it's out of the blue, then it's most likely a scam.

Number of followers isn't an indication of legitimacy - scam artists can just use bots to inflate follower numbers.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
          Here's the thing - did you do anything (enter a contest etc) to win the tickets? If it's out of the blue, then it's most likely a scam.

Number of followers isn't an indication of legitimacy - scam artists can just use bots to inflate follower numbers.
          I retweeted something

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
            I retweeted something

Still likely a scam

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              Still likely a scam
              Yeah i dont trust it

Comment

You can buy a ton of fake followers for like a dollar, so I wouldn't put much weight into that. Seems bogus.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Is the owner a Nigerian Prince?!
                  No, but the team president is

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

There's a similar thread on RealGM. It appears to be a scam.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why would you need to send them $50 if you won tickets?

Comment

If you have to question whether something is or isn't a scam ... it's 95% chance a scam.

Plus; if you're paying money for the transfer (which, if it's through Ticketmaster, there IS no transfer fee); then it's not really free.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

So the guy offered to waive the transfer fee as long as I deleted my tweet asking if his account was legit or a scam lol then asked for my email and promised I would receive the tickets on October 31st. Then promptly changed the name of his twitter account lol

Comment

If anyone folliws a twitter account called Raptors Nation or some variation of it (it appears he changes the name of the account regularly but often goes back to Raptors Nation) that account is part of the scam.

Comment

Use your common sense.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X