Game #4: Toronto Raptors 112 - Golden State Warriors 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    I say we should have won because we were up in both games until we reverted back to ISO ball. If we continued playing how we played to get the lead we wouldn't have lost. And yes your'e right, everyone goes ISO to end games mostly but I guess we will be dying by it more often than not because Demar and Kyle just aren't good enough at it. If that's moving in the right direction for you then don't be shocked when we fail once again in the playoffs. I'm tried of us playing like shit in the playoffs and as good as we played for most of the game those last two minutes being the same as every other season doesn't make me feel to hopeful. Cause if the games tight like this in the playoffs and you expect to win by going ISO think again. We almost lost game 6 against the Bucks reverting back to ISO. Thank god we were up by too much for it to matter.
    Yup. ISO and bad substitutions cost us both nights.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
      That literally cost us the game but we have to learn how to play through it. Referees are human too, they make mistakes. We will bounce back. TBH when December/January come, we should trade for a closer (ex. Paul Pierce for Washinton). IDK who but someone like maybe Joe Johnson, let me know if anyone knows anyone better and preferably cheaper to get
      Bring back Rudy Gay!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I say we should have won because we were up in both games until we reverted back to ISO ball. If we continued playing how we played to get the lead we wouldn't have lost. And yes your'e right, everyone goes ISO to end games mostly but I guess we will be dying by it more often than not because Demar and Kyle just aren't good enough at it. If that's moving in the right direction for you then don't be shocked when we fail once again in the playoffs. I'm tried of us playing like shit in the playoffs and as good as we played for most of the game those last two minutes being the same as every other season doesn't make me feel to hopeful. Cause if the games tight like this in the playoffs and you expect to win by going ISO think again. We almost lost game 6 against the Bucks reverting back to ISO. Thank god we were up by too much for it to matter.
        Like I said, HIGH PERCENTAGE shots.

All these years and Lowry and DeRozan still don't get it. I don't think they ever will.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          There is no "should have won." If you honestly think the Raptors "should" be beating San Antonio AND Golden State on the road, then you must think the Raptors are the best team in the NBA. Do you? I don't. I'd be ecstatic if Toronto won these games and am not the least surprised when they don't - those teams are better.

Everybody goes ISO down the stretch, everybody. This is not unique to Casey, Lowry, or DeRozan. Should the Raptors do it differently considering they don't have Durant or Lebron making those plays? Maybe. But it's also very tough to execute team plays in the clutch when an entire defence is dialed in - very tough, and the Raptors also don't have an elite playmaker. Their two best players are scorers. That's what we've got. You live by it and die by it, against the defending champions a roster like Toronto's will usually die by it.

I still like the direction this season is going.
          The big bet on playing the younger guys seems to be on track...maybe even better than predicted.
          Wright and Poeltl are really holding their own and then some. The other musketeer Powell hasn’t so far shown as much as was being looked for. Anunoby is giving the 15 minutes of hope and head shaking rookies give but he is on the floor and doesn’t look out of his depth. Siakam is going to be hit and miss but he brings that motor every night if he gets a chance.

The Vets...
          DD is a machine..plug in..get your 25 points appreciated or not.
          JV started well..hope he can keep it up.
          Miles is as advertised .. a pretty good but not elite 3 point guy. He meets expectations
          Lowrys start has been like a diesel starting up at 20 below in February...not so smooth but it should get rolling after the smoke and backfiring clear.
          Looking for more from Ibalka...but so far good enough...

When Lowry finds his form..the Raps will start winning at close to a 700 clip.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• https://twitter.com/IamHarshDave/sta...14011651153921

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Regardless of personnel, it's rare to find a team that doesn't do iso at the end of games. Whether you like it or not.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                https://twitter.com/IamHarshDave/sta...14011651153921

As we have said before, there's a difference between ISOing with two of the greatest scorers ever in the game compared to two known playoff chokers...
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• 30 assists and another night where we missed a ton of open threes. We need Lowry to get his shot back. Extremely impressed with the young guys. Blew with some dumb/unlucky possessions at the end but hey 4 games in the culture change looks real.

Comment

Reverting back to ISO so early in the season is not a good sign. Are we going to be having the same end of season discussions yet again?

Comment

• ISO against a mismatch (like the Warriors were doing) isn't a bad idea. ISO against two of the top defenders at their respective decisions (Green and Thompson)? Not smart.

Comment

• I'm cool ending the game w/ a DDR or Lowry isolation. They finished in the 86th & 83rd percentile last season in iso-scoring. They're fine.

For reference, that's better than LeBron, Harden, Westbrook, Cousins, Wall, AD, Butler, PG13, Melo, McCollum etc.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          Reverting back to ISO so early in the season is not a good sign. Are we going to be having the same end of season discussions yet again?
                          I don't know. I'm hoping this will be a good sign, the way this ended. They got EMBARRASSED to end the playoffs last year, and after how well the kids played tonight and kept them in it by playing the right way, EMBARRASSING ENDING. LOSER PLAY BY THE STARS AT THE END. I have hope that it was a good thing this happened now and that this reenforces the culture change that's being talked about. Cause EVERYBODY looks great if they win, whether anybody went hero-ball or not. But they look like a couple of assholes right now, and I hope and believe that that's a clear as day.

I can't believe how well the kids on this squad are looking right now and I'm very much in the optimism corner. If we can continue to to put it all together with GOOD TEAM PLAY. Saw lots of that tonight and it was glorious. Will it be enough come playoff time to dethrone the king or take down the Warriors? Probably not. But the possibilities of destroying all other comers and putting up a respectable fight when it really comes time are there.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I'm cool ending the game w/ a DDR or Lowry isolation. They finished in the 86th & 83rd percentile last season in iso-scoring. They're fine.

For reference, that's better than LeBron, Harden, Westbrook, Cousins, Wall, AD, Butler, PG13, Melo, McCollum etc.

Problem with DD ISO is he takes a lot of time trying to draw fouls doing it. Durant and Curry probably can attempt three pull up 3s to end games in the time Derozan needs for 1 2pt attempt and the success rates are probably equal. Lowry doing rim runs gets blocked if good teams know its coming. LBJ, Westbrook, Harden can also drive in ISO quicker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Great effort from the team.

Unsurprisingly, some people just can't appreciate a good effort against a great great team.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

I prefer our all-stars taking the big shots......Their all-stars took the big shots. They just happen to have Curry and Durant.

ISO complainers need to watch more basketball.

You want your best players taking the big shots and making the big plays (in basketball).

The season is very early. Things didn't go our way down the stretch. But I'm DEFINITELY encouraged by their play so far this year. 30 assists against the warriors and people are complaining?

This game went about as well as one could hope. We were in it all the way and lost down the stretch against a very elite team in GSW.

Stay positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                great effort from the team.

unsurprisingly, some people just can't appreciate a good effort against a great great team.

shoulda, woulda, coulda.

I prefer our all-stars taking the big shots......their all-stars took the big shots. They just happen to have curry and durant.

Iso complainers need to watch more basketball.

You want your best players taking the big shots and making the big plays (in basketball).

The season is very early. Things didn't go our way down the stretch. But i'm definitely encouraged by their play so far this year. 30 assists against the warriors and people are complaining?

This game went about as well as one could hope. We were in it all the way and lost down the stretch against a very elite team in gsw.

Stay positive.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                                bold

Comment

Working...
                                X