Game #8: Toronto Raptors 109 - Utah Jazz 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #8: Toronto Raptors 109 - Utah Jazz 100

Well after dropping a moose sized steamer in Denver the Raps head into Salt Lake City to take on the Jazz. This one should give a glimpse into the makeup of the team as there is much penance to be paid for the debacle we watched between innings of the World Series in the Mile High City.

Starting for the Raps... The Usual Suspects

PG Kyle "Gotta Start Hitting the 3 Pretty Effing Soon" Lowry
    SG Demar " I can pass.. but I better not telegraph it like a Browns QB does" Derozan
    SF Norman " Breathe Norm Breathe" Powell
    PF Serge " Anger Managment" Ibalka
    C Jonas " I gotta close out on that guy but I just can't get there fast enough" Valanciunas

Starting for the Mormon Tabernacle Jazz

PG Ricky " No shot from beyond the arc" Rubio
    SG Rodney " Picked after Bruno" Hood
    SF Joe " I can't believe they paid me that kind money" Ingles
    PF Derrick " Going to have to fight Serge tonight ?" Favours
    C Rudy " All D no O" Gobert

Media Graphics and Images

None

A few things to ponder going into the tilt with the Jazz

1. How much toilet paper is it going to take to wipe up that pile of excrement the Raps left on the floor of the Pepsi Centre in Denver. Will a team at the end of 13 day 6 game roadie have the werewithall to take the last game ? This performance will give a bit of an insight into the competitive soul of the 2017-18 Raptors.

2. With respect to the real slim shady... Will the real Bebe Nogueria please stand up.. please stand up... Is it the guy we saw in Portland who defended well on the PnR, blocked shots and rang up a very solid offensive performance .. or the guy who showed up in Denver a day late and buck short ?

3. Jack talked about it within the guidelines of being a paid employee of the MLSE broadcast team... but its starting to be a real concern... can anyone make an open jimmy beyond the arc ? Anyone ? Thats you Norm and Kyle.

So here we go... The Fearless Prediction... Raps win a close one from the Mormons.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Take us home DS!

There's something spooky about these mormons. Gordon Hayward managed to escape the temple and switch to Irish Catholic, but it wasn't enough to save him as a freak "random" accident took him out of action in his first 5 minutes. Peaceful fun loving people, or dangerous cult? I will investigate further

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

10 game win streak incoming with Demo leading the way

Comment

Utah is another tough home team. Gobert is not going to be a challenge like Jovic/Millsap were so I could see a win. Need to have good energy through out the game though. Can't let Utah off to a big lead or else it'll be over as quick as it was last night.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
          10 game win streak incoming with Demo leading the way
          You shouldn’t have pointed that out.....remember what happened re game thread streaks last year in playoffs ?

Comment

Gobert really helps with the defence, plus Rubio not really having a scoring game - JV being able to sit in the paint and our PnR defence not being able to be taken apart are good things. That said, have to careful off the ball because Rubio can find guys on the weak side.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

RIP Steph and KD

Comment

Stank face.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Gobert really helps with the defence, plus Rubio not really having a scoring game - JV being able to sit in the paint and our PnR defence not being able to be taken apart are good things. That said, have to careful off the ball because Rubio can find guys on the weak side.
                  What can Gobert do about the impending 3 pt barrage? NOTHING! The Raptors are 35.5% from deep in the month of November, make it rain boys!
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    What can Gobert do about the impending 3 pt barrage? NOTHING! The Raptors are 35.5% from deep in the month of November, make it rain boys!
                    I meant our defence! He's no threat outside of 3 feet, so it really helps our defence run more conservatively.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

and it's a home game for our two Utes

Comment

CJ Miles is doubtful for tonight's game. Flu.

Comment

It's more like Kyle "Playoff Disappearance" Lowry so far, he looks borderline washed up.

Comment

Here we go again, underestimating the opposing team. Smh. The Jazz are unbeaten at home. I'm just sayin.

The Raptors are not good enough to underestimate any team and that's a fact. I think they underestimated the Nuggets the other night(the 3rd best team they've faced so far) and they got their ass kicked.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Raptors haven't beaten any good teams this year.

Chicago? lol worst team in the NBA.

Philly? 2nd game of a b2b without Embiid.

Lakers? another lottery team. At one point the Raps were down 17 in that game.

Portland? overrated. That team almost lost to the Lakers last night.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X