Game #15: New York Knicks 84 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    It wasn't luck, and it wasn't an off night, but they also didn't have CP3. Their offense went to dogshit when Harden left the floor and that isn't going to happen anymore with CP3 back.

Sure, CP3 is great, he will be a huge boost to them if the chemistry with two ball dominant players (like him and Harden) materializes.

What's interesting though is that their offence hasn't gone "dogshit" much without CP3 this season, even when Harden is off the floor (same as last year when they didn't have CP3). They lead the Western Conference (without CP3). And yet we went there and beat them on their home court by imposing our D, pace and energy on them. That's the reason their offence struggled. Raps can be inconsistent as fuck, but not that night.
    Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Nov 17, 2017, 03:44 AM.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Sure, CP3 is great, he will be a huge boost to them if the chemistry with two ball dominant players (like him and Harden) materializes.

What's interesting though is that their offence hasn't gone "dogshit" much without CP3 this season, even when Harden is off the floor (same as last year when they didn't have CP3). They lead the Western Conference (without CP3). And yet we went there and beat them on their home court by imposing our D, pace and energy on them. That's the reason their offence struggled. Raps can be inconsistent as fuck, but not that night.
      Offensively and defensively CP3 is so much better than Gordon. Plus, Gordon off the bench is a huge upgrade to whatever they've been doing

Comment

And the Celts keep rolling by beating the GSW .... with some guy in a cape AND A MASK ....
        but he was no superhero with the mask in the first half and took it off in the 2nd and was great....better than Currie all game.
        Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Nov 17, 2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Wow Houston scored 90 before the half last night and over 140 over all. Oh right, Phoenix is coached by Triano now.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Wow Houston scored 90 before the half last night and over 140 over all. Oh right, Phoenix is coached by Triano now.
            lol Houston was also pissed they got spanked by the Raptors. This was their revenge game.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              If you find yourself with the same opinion as Shaq you should immediately reassess your thinking.
              He basically said that we're a completely different team come playoff time.

Again, he's not wrong. Do you even follow this team?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think Houston scored about as many points as they would be expected to score against us, so it's hard to call it an off night for them - the Raptors just played a fantastic offensive game where everyone was contributing. I don't think it can be expected that would happen on a regular basis, but yeah, for the other night the Raptors just outplayed them.

I think the more accurate claim is that the Raptors caught Houston when the Raptors were on an "on" night rather than catching Houston on an off night.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  So you're on the record of picking us over BOS??
                  I am! I'd do any bet with anyone that we will beat them in the playoffs.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

We've been discussing that ad nauseam for four years now.

All I'm saying is that Shaq is basically the dumbest basketball commentator around, and using his opinion to validate your own is like using Kyrie Irving as an expert on the roundness of the world.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                      I am! I'd do any bet with anyone that we will beat them in the playoffs.
                      Raptors fan incredulous that other Raptors fan picks his favourite team (the Raptors) over most hated opponent in the league.

Comment

Ibaka is questionable ( old knee problems), Norman is doubtful. Delon won't play(dislocated shoulder)

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

I mean, his response was basically "they always play well in regular season". As opposed to What? Should they not play well in regular season? Because that would definitely bode well for their playoff chances.

Shaq is probably the dumbest basketball analyst. He should stick to being comic relief on that show.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

If Ibaka does not play, would love to see OG take on Porgy on D.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Nice

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Ibaka is questionable ( old knee problems), Norman is doubtful. Delon won't play(dislocated shoulder)

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X