Game 17: Toronto Raptors 100 - New York Knicks 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    I really don't get how you can blame Ibaka here. Sure he was terrible in the first half, but he nearly won us the game in the 4th. The Knicks run in the 3rd started with Lee attacking DeRozan off of screens continuously.
    Amen.

Courtney Lee was instrumental while Derozan was his enabler

Comment

• Damn. I'm kinda glad I missed this one.

On to the next I guess
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Knicks just had way too much momentum going in that 3rd. The timeout at the tie was good.. should have called another once they went up by like 5 or 6. Don't wait until their up by 18 or whatever the hell it was.

Lowry was trying way to hard to get one point. And it created too many turnovers. Wouldn't consider it panic, just trying to hard to score, which really didn't work out.

Love the fight by Siakam and Powell to bring it back to 6 before Zinger took over. And what's up with all that switching. It was like they were switching in slow mo. Powell can't stop Zinger.

Whatever.. will have to wipe this one from my memory. Felt like the Spurs loss all over again but against a crappy team.

Hope the team has a nice meal tomorrow, and is ready for Indiana. They've been pretty good this year so need to bring their A game.

Comment

• Ibaka and Bebe both gotta be traded.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ibaka feels like the Carroll signing. Going to have to give up something to get rid of him. Glad it was for only 3 years instead of 4.

Comment

• Well that was crap. Can't just play three quarters. Oh well. On to the next, bounce back and take the next two on the road and all is forgiven. This effort thing is becoming a concerning pattern.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Ibaka feels like the Carroll signing. Going to have to give up something to get rid of him. Glad it was for only 3 years instead of 4.
                I don't even know who could absorb $20 million a year though. If we had a pick we might put together a package, but adding something to Ibaka means adding salary and I don't know how you could make that work.

Griffin is getting $173 million over 5 years, but they'll want picks if they're shipping out their last real star.

Comment

• If the Raptors play the Sixers in the playoffs, who'd be the favorite?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

end the nightmare
                    I said this since the start of the summer. People acted like I was just hating on JV, but the numbers are there plain as day to see and the sample is even bigger now. Serge is slow for a PF, JV is slow as hell for a C. Defensively it's a nightmare. They don't work well together in the starting unit at all. Bring JV off the bench, start Siakam next to Ibaka.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      If the Raptors play the Sixers in the playoffs, who'd be the favorite?
                      Us.. fuck off with that.

Comment

• Missed most of the game. How did Hardaway get 38 points?
                        OG is our king

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          I said this since the start of the summer. People acted like I was just hating on JV, but the numbers are there plain as day to see and the sample is even bigger now. Serge is slow for a PF, JV is slow as hell for a C. Defensively it's a nightmare. They don't work well together in the starting unit at all. Bring JV off the bench, start Siakam next to Ibaka.
                          Rather use Ibaka off the bench. He's eventually going to end up there before his contract expires. OG - Pascal - JV keeps a big bodied rebounder in the middle and switchable forwards. If Scola as the C didn't work Ibaka doesnt either plus he's a bigger blackhole. The JV Ibaka numbers are skewed with JV starting with the starters and getting torched in bad matchups vs Ibaka closing and playing with the bench more

Comment

• In terms of Raptors 2 man lineups:

Ibaka has a negative net rating with JV and a positive one with everyone else on the team.

JV has a negative net rating with Ibaka, Lowry, Powell, Wright, a zero net rating with Derozan, and a 0.3 rating with Siakam. He also has a negative net rating with Mckinnie and Brown in very small minutes together.
                            Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Nov 23, 2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Rather use Ibaka off the bench. He's eventually going to end up there before his contract expires. OG - Pascal - JV keeps a big bodied rebounder in the middle and switchable forwards. If Scola as the C didn't work Ibaka doesnt either plus he's a bigger blackhole. The JV Ibaka numbers are skewed with JV starting with the starters and getting torched in bad matchups vs Ibaka closing and playing with the bench more
                              This makes no sense.

Send JV to the Bench ASAP!

Start Ibaka at C (which should keep him closer to the basket and remind him that there are other shots than just 3 pointers).

Plus people forget that he would be getting Guarded by Centers which would really be an advantage in taking them out the paint when he does shoot 3s. Spaces the floor!

If Ibaka for some reason is getting eaten alive by the 2nd coming of Shaq, bring JV in to bang early. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm just really wondering who these bigs are exactly that would kill Ibaka. He's 6'10 and probably close to 250lbs. His standing reach is 9'3" which is the same as JV's (for all the people who think Powell can start at SF at 6'4 because of his wingspan, explain that).

There are a few guys who are actually really good and he legitimately doesn't have the size to match up with, they are Embiid, Cousins and Marc Gasol; two of whom are in the west and Embiid would kill JV as well and pretty much any center in the conference. Other than that I don't see any team that's going to give us glaring issues at the 5 with him there. Drummond and DeAndre might be a problem on the glass, but we get the added advantage of them having to come out to the perimeter to guard him on offense which will make it easier for us to get offensive rebounds as well, and open up serious driving lanes for our guards.

Bring JV off the fucking bench and move Ibaka to the 5, start Siakam at the 4. That leaves us with only 1 minus defender (DeRozan) in the starting lineup instead of THREE (DeRozan, JV and Ibaka because his defense against starting 4s is highly suspect).
                                Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Thu Nov 23, 2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X