Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valanciunas needs to come off the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Bulls gauged trade value of Mirotic, Lopez

The Chicago Bulls clearly have no intention of being competitive this season, so it shouldn't come as a surprise if they moved some of their veterans.

To that end, the Bulls have gauged the trade value of both Robin Lopez and Nikola Mirotic, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. They're looking for future assets and manageable contracts in return.

Moving Lopez shouldn't be a problem. He's a durable and dependable starter who contributes on both sides of the floor. His foot speed leaves something to be desired, but his physicality on both ends is definitely a plus. Lopez could help a playoff team that finds themselves light in frontcourt talent.

Shipping out Mirotic would be a much tougher sell. Not only does he hold a no-trade clause, but he's played in just three games this season after getting into a fight in practice with Bobby Portis. Mirotic has been excellent since his return, averaging 16.3 points, but his three prior seasons were characterized by spells of maddening inconsistency.

Lopez has two years left on his contract worth $27 million, while Mirotic is owed $12.5 million this season with a $12.5 million team option for 2018-19.
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1444794

Comment

• There's a big difference between, "I don't wanna pay this guy $15M a year" and "I don't want to pay this guy to play in the NBA". Christian is just being a huge hater if he really thinks JV won't be in the league in a couple years. He can play at the NBA level lmfao, he just has some big flaws on the defensive end. Just a really silly comment.

Comment

• JV getting some ESPN coverage... because of the Ball brothers..

Comment

• Mirotic, like Noel, doesn't carry Bird rights if acquired. So you are not getting long-term value, just short-term value plus salary relief.

We have four notable salaries to use in trade. Kyle, Demar, Serge, and Jonas. The first three are probably not going anywhere.

Trade Jonas for salary relief and our flexibility is even more limited (assuming we don't flip Mirotic, which hasn't been the argument).

Also, getting excited about three games from Mirotic just shows you haven't followed his career very closely. He gets hot all the time, then disappears into the ether.

We need to look for a strategic coup. Moving JV for Mirotic honestly doesn't do much for us in the grand scheme of things, even if he does improve our roster balance and give us more shooting.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Mirotic, like Noel, doesn't carry Bird rights if acquired. So you are not getting long-term value, just short-term value plus salary relief.

We have four notable salaries to use in trade. Kyle, Demar, Serge, and Jonas. The first three are probably not going anywhere.

Trade Jonas for salary relief and our flexibility is even more limited (assuming we don't flip Mirotic, which hasn't been the argument).

Also, getting excited about three games from Mirotic just shows you haven't followed his career very closely. He gets hot all the time, then disappears into the ether.

We need to look for a strategic coup. Moving JV for Mirotic honestly doesn't do much for us in the grand scheme of things, even if he does improve our roster balance and give us more shooting.
            Actually you’re wrong here because mirotic has a team option for next year. So if we picked that up that’s basically a 12m expiring to use in trades instead of 2yrs/~30m that Jonas would be next year (since imo he will definitely pick up bus player option)

Comment

• Not sure who this mythical "team that needs frontcourt help" is, but Phoenix also has equivalent bigs. They would love to get rid of Monroe for sure.. I'd be shocked if the Bulls could actually trade Lopez for anything of value. Yeah, he's OK, but he's not cheap and acquiring him will also eat into next years cap as well.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Not sure who this mythical "team that needs frontcourt help" is, but Phoenix also has equivalent bigs. They would love to get rid of Monroe for sure.. I'd be shocked if the Bulls could actually trade Lopez for anything of value. Yeah, he's OK, but he's not cheap and acquiring him will also eat into next years cap as well.
                I'm too lazy to look it up, but are there any fringe playoff teams that are getting killed on the glass on a nightly basis?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I'm too lazy to look it up, but are there any fringe playoff teams that are getting killed on the glass on a nightly basis?
                  Pacers, Wiz, Bucks, Cavs? But the Pacers and Bucks actively want to be small, the Cavs kind of too, and the Wiz already have Gortat. Not sure about out West, but I don't see any glaringly obvious options.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Let's trade JV for Noel and McRoberts

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Let's trade JV for Noel and McRoberts
                      Let's not.

If we're trading with Dallas the only guy that interests me really is Wes Matthews. Although I've soured on that a bit given how well OG is playing at the 3.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Let's not.

If we're trading with Dallas the only guy that interests me really is Wes Matthews. Although I've soured on that a bit given how well OG is playing at the 3.
                        Why deny this proposition this quickly? I think that this trade could be benefic, since this team is not using JV in a proper way anyway. Also, why would Dallas give us Wes Matthews?

Noel is a true center. Whether he would be a starter or a backup, I do think he would fit this team more. McRoberts would be another option as a backup forward center, who has experience, who can pass the ball, get explosive sometimes and shoot the 3 sometimes also.

Plus, both are expiring.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          If they're getting killed on the glass, Lopez ain't the answer.

Last year He had the same TRB% as Mirotic 12.3%, this year Lopez is under 10%. Compare that to a real rebounder like JV - 20.8% last year, 21.1% this year.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Let's not.

I'd rather get a project with a high ceiling than a SLIGHT upgrade at the already crowded wing position where we have guys developing. I'm more worried about 3 years from now than the "3 year window" tbh
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Why deny this proposition this quickly? I think that this trade could be benefic, since this team is not using JV in a proper way anyway. Also, why would Dallas give us Wes Matthews?

Noel is a true center. Whether he would be a starter or a backup, I do think he would fit this team more. McRoberts would be another option as a backup forward center, who has experience, who can pass the ball, get explosive sometimes and shoot the 3 sometimes also.

Plus, both are expiring.
                              How the hell is it beneficial? If we're gonna get Noel to play center we might as well just play Ibaka there. He does the same things as Noel defensively, has a stronger frame and can shoot 3s.

This is another one of those trade JV for the sake of trading JV suggestions. That doesn't help us. I'd play Poeltl and maybe even Bebe before Noel also.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I'd rather get a project with a high ceiling than a SLIGHT upgrade at the already crowded wing position where we have guys developing. I'm more worried about 3 years from now than the "3 year window" tbh
                                Noel doesn't have a high ceiling, he's been in the league for 4 years now and shown very little improvement. I'd take a flyer on Poeltl's potential before his. Plus Noel is a UFA in the summer.

Trading JV for Noel is one of the worst trade suggestions I've seen so far, just behind the Koufos+Temple one.

Comment

Working...
                                X