Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Marc Gasol rumor has any chance to be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Marc Gasol rumor has any chance to be true?

Raptors are rumored to be one of the teams that might get their hands on star center Marc Gasol. Do you guys think that this rumor has any chance to be true? If so, what would that mean fort the team?

Marc Gasol is an all star caliber center that would fit the team really well. He is 32 years old, but he is still playing at a very high level. He can do pretty much everything we would need from our starting center.

Is he the missing piece for our aspiring championship chances? Will it happen? What would it get to get it done, besides of course JV?
    Thoughts?

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Raptors are rumored to be one of the teams that might get their hands on star center Marc Gasol. Do you guys think that this rumor has any chance to be true? If so, what would that mean fort the team?

Marc Gasol is an all star caliber center that would fit the team really well. He is 32 years old, but he is still playing at a very high level. He can do pretty much everything we would need from our starting center.

Is he the missing piece for our aspiring championship chances? Will it happen? What would it get to get it done, besides of course JV?
    Thoughts?
    Yes, I think there could be legs to the rumour. First how vested is Memphis in wanting to break up their team. In checking out their site on SBNation, an article on the subject seemed to be leaning towards trading Gasol but provided just a Cavalier trade suggestion...

I would love to think that Marc Gasol for Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, and the 2018 Brooklyn 1st rounder would be a move Cleveland would make.
    A poll they had also was in favour of trading him.

I am not sure the Raptors could meet that price. I think Cleveland would probably pay that to further entice Lebron to stay.

For myself, I have always thought of MG as one of the more desirable players for the Raptors but JV was here and the Grizz were having a good run so.... He is a player Masai probably drools over but we dont have that high draft pick which the Grizz probably covet. And I would put OG as an untouchable in any deal by the Raptors. Not sure how the money works out. The other team mentioned are the Celtics...damn I hope he doesn't go there!

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/201...fizdale-firing

Comment

Don’t think Gasol takes this team to that next level. Gasol is good, but the piece needed to make this trade will really hurt “the future Raps era” which starts in 3 years

The only trade we should explore is JV + any of Bebe, Bruno, 2nd for a big that can play along Ibaka was to close out games

Comment

According to Chris Mannix at the Vertical, The Grizzlies have rejected ANY trade inquiries about Marc Gasol.

Least we mention they just canned Fizdale BECAUSE he bumped heads with Gasol, this dream for now is over.

Comment

"We have no intention to trade Marc," Wallace told ESPN when asked if the franchise might consider dealing the 32-year-old big man. "We never seriously considered that at all. We never placed any calls to any teams in that regard. So that's not happening.

"It's not just Marc that this whole equation is about. It's also Mike Conley, when he comes back. We've got two guys among the elite in the league at their respective positions that are still very much in their window with an awful lot of tread left on their tires."
          Source: espn.com
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The only way I would trade for Marc is if it where for Ibaka.

Comment

Alex91 wrote: View Post
              Don’t think Gasol takes this team to that next level. Gasol is good, but the piece needed to make this trade will really hurt “the future Raps era” which starts in 3 years

The only trade we should explore is JV + any of Bebe, Bruno, 2nd for a big that can play along Ibaka was to close out games
              We should absolutely not trade two very good centers and keep Ibaka, a below average player. Ibaka is the team's weakest link atm.

Comment

Read an article today talking about the possibility of a shake up in Memphis ownership.

"Minority owners Steve Kaplan and Daniel Straus have enacted a buy/sell clause forcing the hand of lead owner Robert Pera to decide if he wants to buy out his partners or sell his shares and give up control of the team, The Athletic’s Jon Krawczynski reports."

link to the article: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/rep...010605655.html

Comment

We're 2 years too late on Gasol. He's past his prime.

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
                    Id rather have DJ if that was a possibility

Comment

wall-e wrote: View Post
                      Id rather have DJ if that was a possibility
                      Totally agree, DJ would be a perfect C in our system.

Comment

that didn't stop Masai before
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Source: espn.com
                          just wait patience

Comment

Eh need him to be a great player in the playoffs, which I think he can be for a couple more years. I actually think Gasol is a better fit than DJ, already have several efficient bigs (though admittedly not nearly the defender DJ is) but super skilled bigs are a bit harder to find, especially ones that are plus defenders too

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Eh need him to be a great player in the playoffs, which I think he can be for a couple more years. I actually think Gasol is a better fit than DJ, already have several efficient bigs (though admittedly not nearly the defender DJ is) but super skilled bigs are a bit harder to find, especially ones that are plus defenders too
                              I agree. We need someone who doesn't turn the ball over like JV. He can also do crazy passes and he is also a way better defender. I do like DJ as well but I think DJ works on Cleveland better and Gasol works for us better. He would be a 4th person that could really take on the offensive load any time himself.

Memphis will try to hold the fort... but they will eventually trade Gasol... just wait. They said the same thing about Paul George and look at what happened. We just gotta wait. If not right now then the trade deadline or over the off season. I looooove this trade TBH.

I wouldn't say he is past his prime... He had his highest amount of assists last year and points. It was an increase of around 5 points. 14-19. He also shot the 3 pointer at a very solid clip. I don't think our issue is with defense as much as offense. We could use another floor general when lowry is out. If we could somehow do this trade while keeping Poetl .. OG and NORM I would be so happy.

That said to get this trade done you probably have to trade either norm or poetl.... i'd rather keep Norm... as much as I love Poetl

Comment

Working...
                              X