Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Game #22: Toronto Raptors 126 - Phoenix Suns 113

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Lol at getting Anthony Davis. This is why homerism is problematic, it prevents you from looking at almost anything rationally.

Pels have no reason to trade him, and even if they did we do not have the assets to acquire him. Even if we could trade OG, Powell, JV, Wright, etc they would reject that.

Bruno has almost zero trade value. Idk why people think he's some prized asset. He's a 4 year d-leaguer who has shown nothing in the NBA so far.
    Pretty sure the point of the post was that it's ridiculous to suggest a trade that doesn't make sense for the other team. The implication being that the suggested Matthews trade is similarly ridiculous (in the implied lack of consideration for the needs of the Mavs), although obviously to a different degree. You know, hyperbole, and all that.

I don't agree that the Dallas deal is all that far-fetched, but I do agree that they wouldn't do it. JV as a target doesn't make sense for them IMO.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

They're one of the few teams that don't really have any sort of long-term solution at center right now. That's why I think they'd be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

They're one of the few teams that don't really have any sort of long-term solution at center right now. That's why I think they'd be interested.
    I get it, I just don't see it. Like, they are burying Noel and starting Dirk at C every night. I don't think they are interested in having a long term solution at C right now. Wouldn't you think they'd rather have the cap space anyway, to potentially chase a star (the thing they really lack now) rather than eating it up on a traditional C locked up for several years?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol at getting Anthony Davis. This is why homerism is problematic, it prevents you from looking at almost anything rationally.

Pels have no reason to trade him, and even if they did we do not have the assets to acquire him. Even if we could trade OG, Powell, JV, Wright, etc they would reject that.

Bruno has almost zero trade value. Idk why people think he's some prized asset. He's a 4 year d-leaguer who has shown nothing in the NBA so far.
    Jesus Christ. This ^^ is when maybe it's time to take a couple of days off the boards
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    My god, it was a joke.
    lmao this is the funniest thing today

For the record, I am in favour of a Bruno for Anthony Davis swap, even though I love Bruno and he's tearing up the G right now. We could throw in Hakeem's contract to make the salaries work.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

6. Like Jclaw, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I get it, I just don't see it. Like, they are burying Noel and starting Dirk at C every night. I don't think they are interested in having a long term solution at C right now. Wouldn't you think they'd rather have the cap space anyway, to potentially chase a star (the thing they really lack now) rather than eating it up on a traditional C locked up for several years?
    There are some talented bigs near the top of draft boards, where Mavs will pick.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

8. Like DanH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Jesus Christ. This ^^ is when maybe it's time to take a couple of days off the boards
    I will man. See you guys later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I will man. See you guys later.

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your grasp of sarcasm needs work. A lot of work.

12. Like tDotted liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you finally broke him. Hope you're all happy with yourselves....

RIP Shaolin.

Post Thanks / Like

Bent, not broken.

For amusement, I checked out the culture reset thread, to see how many believed it would be done.

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...culture+change
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy Miller, agent for 22 NBA players including Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka, and Latvian KD, has stepped down and de-certified amid FBI college basketball probe

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/1...-certification
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

16. Like Rudy Bargnani liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Devin Booker out the next 2-3 weeks, which should pretty well assure a #fakewin in phoenix next week.

Post Thanks / Like

19. Like Nilanka, MixxAOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Well, you finally broke him. Hope you're all happy with yourselves....

RIP Shaolin.
    Cuban is such a joke. Had himself a championship team which he broke up and has trotted out the ghost of Nowitzki with whatever G Leaguers he could scrape together for what seems like a decade now. Dirk and Carlisle deserve better.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bent, not broken.

For amusement, I checked out the culture reset thread, to see how many believed it would be done.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the results so far, but I'll reserve judgement until April

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Bent, not broken.

This was the best post in that whole thread.....

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Culture reset = pass the fucking ball

23. Like 3inthekeon liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cavs now 13 in a row. 2 juggernauts in our division.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Cavs now 13 in a row. 2 juggernauts in our division.....
    Plus the Celtics, 76ers and Nets.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Plus the Celtics, 76ers and Nets.

Very nice

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread Information