Game #22: Toronto Raptors 126 - Phoenix Suns 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Ummm weren't you one of the ones saying he had declined?

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...l=1#post783637
    Yes, I had certainly agreed it was looking that way. I had hoped I was wrong. And I was.

Side note: I'd noticed you're the only one I've seen able to pull up old posts like that, not sure how you do it, I've tried the search before and it didn't work
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Now, what to do until Friday...

via GIPHY

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
        I'm a big Norm fan (aren't we all?), but his regression this year is starting to worry me a bit. He was the only Raps player with a negative rating tonight, and he was -14.

Is it safe to say that OG has already supplanted Norm as the fan-favourite young gun?
        Before tonight he's been looking good in every game since his injury (12.8 ppg in only 22.5 minutes on 50% shooting. His average +/- was +8). He's fine

Comment

• Wasnt able to catch this one. I was actually stressing out about my win streak ending today. Glad it didn’t. 😎
          OG is our king

Comment

• Did anyone mention this? From ESPN:

Toronto held an opponent without an offensive rebound for the first time in franchise history.
            Also KLOE:

Lowry drew two charges, increasing his NBA-leading total to 17. It's as many or more than 17 teams had entering play Tuesday.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Hmm held an opponent without an offensive rebound and JV barely played? I thought we couldn't grab defensive rebounds without him on the floor?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Hmm held an opponent without an offensive rebound and JV barely played? I thought we couldn't grab defensive rebounds without him on the floor?
                Seriously?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This reminds me, did anyone catch Nate Duncan's comment yesterday that an NBA executive had said refs were more prone to call fouls on big white guys , speaking specifically about Yak.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    This reminds me, did anyone catch Nate Duncan's comment yesterday that an NBA executive had said refs were more prone to call fouls on big white guys , speaking specifically about Yak.
                    Did he say that on his podcast? I'd like to know what the reasoning behind that bias is.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Raps fans like whatever is bright and shiny and new.

Forgot about Bruno when Norm stepped up. Forgot about Norm when OG stepped up.

Norm will come around. He may not be the all-star that some were calling for this year, but that was a product of unrealistic expectations, as usual.
                      In the debate between Norm and OG, I'll take the guy who has the size to play the position of need. I have preferred Norm to come off the bench or be traded even prior to the start of the season. Not because he isn't a good player, but because he doesn't fill a position of need for us so he may have better value if he brought something we needed, in a trade. I'm a fan of his, but just don't see a fit on this team unless it's off the bench.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        In the debate between Norm and OG, I'll take the guy who has the size to play the position of need. I have preferred Norm to come off the bench or be traded even prior to the start of the season. Not because he isn't a good player, but because he doesn't fill a position of need for us so he may have better value if he brought something we needed, in a trade. I'm a fan of his, but just don't see a fit on this team unless it's off the bench.
                        That extension has turned out to be a bad move. Not because he's not worth it, but because it makes him untradeable for this season.

Comment

That extension has turned out to be a bad move. Not because he's not worth it, but because it makes him untradeable for this season.
                          They knew that then. They pretty clearly, even well before the extension, planned to ride out this season and make any needed changes afterwards. That's been telegraphed since they activated the hard cap. If they want to trade Norm with a low cap hit they can do so at the draft, or if they want him as salary ballast they can do that in the summer.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Did he say that on his podcast? I'd like to know what the reasoning behind that bias is.
                            Twitter just before he started posting on the Jazz-Thunder game.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              They knew that then. They pretty clearly, even well before the extension, planned to ride out this season and make any needed changes afterwards. That's been telegraphed since they activated the hard cap. If they want to trade Norm with a low cap hit they can do so at the draft, or if they want him as salary ballast they can do that in the summer.
                              The hard cap doesn't prevent us from making trades.

And if that's the philosophy I don't agree with it. There are often only small windows where certain players are available. You can't just rule yourself out of trade activity for a season.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Twitter just before he started posting on the Jazz-Thunder game.
                                So maybe ole Nate was wondering how Steven Adams was going to fare that night ?
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X