Game #27: Brooklyn Nets 87 - Toronto Raptors 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    More praise for the Raptors new offense this time from CBS Sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/h...ir-bad-habits/
    "-but Miles, the newcomer, called the lack of buzz around them "really weird" and "almost comical."

Unintended best line. Welcome to Toronto CJ.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Speaking of the human side of basketball, though....

Brett Brown: Not Sharing the Ball Is Single Biggest Thing That Can Erode A Locker Room

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-A-Locker-Room
      I would say the single biggest thing would be losing quite frankly. I mean neither Okafor or Noel were happy in Philly and they apparently shared the ball there.

Comment

LOL and Carroll's not even going to play tonight.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Oh, man Keon, those examples are so bad. lol.

CoJo, Lou Will & Greivis all got the KL/DD role cards and were allowed to dominate the ball - of course they loved it here. Biz and Amir aren't exactly catch and shoot guys like Carroll who need a shooting rhythm to score. Biz had trouble with the 'catch' part of that exercise, lol. 2Pat benefited from the system so much that he got much less than half of what people thought this market value would be... I'd like to hear his honest opinion of the system off the record, over a few beers. Ross is probably the best example, but I would argue that it will take Ross awhile to unlearn his bad habits, like Norm is going through now, before he can play in a normal system.

TBH, the players all loving Toronto is more about the fans and city, than the playing style. There was an article where Scola talked about the role players having to accept the extreme Ride or Die offense for the greater good. Carroll wasn't on board with that, I guess. I doubt PJ was either.
          Meh, at the end of the day we could do the chicken or the egg argument until we're blue in the face. My bias will shine through in a debate like this one. I never liked carroll, his enthusiasm or effort and did nothin redeeming his whole time here. So when he leaves and slags US (because that's how I've always referred to the team) damn right I'm gonna get my dwane casey on and get defensive.

I'm ok having internal discussions about what is wrong with the team, at all times. And I get that some guys have years of animosity built up with the style dwane kyle and demar played (and won with)

But no matter your opinion on dwanerozan lowry the three headed core, those men are still fighting for US, in the trenches, proudly representing the raptors year in year out. That has to count for something to ALL fans.

It's kind of like the old "my family can rip on a family member, but if an outsider tries it, they have to deal with us" there are things about the team that have always driven me crazy, but I will always love the boys that play for the name on the front.

We the North. Fuck DeMarre Carroll and fuck brooklyn. Fuck lebron and the "fun to watch" sixers, t rex. And Shaolin Fantastic, fuck boston too.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

danh wrote: View Post
            lol and carroll's not even going to play tonight.
            dnp-knees
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              That Carroll trade is looking terrible now. Had we implemented this style with him there would've been no need for Miles at all. Gave away picks to save money.
              A wise man once said.....

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              What an absolute irritant of a post. Who fucking cares, the style HAS changed now. Stop looking back on a style we no longer play.

Comment

My big beef with him was how he handed his injury and then blamed it on our staff.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I hope you're not talking about me. I'm overseas with limited access to the internet and zero access to Raptors basketball.
                  not you.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Lol, what a little bitch.

Comment

I already stated I take blame for Carroll's time here.... given how much I wanted the guy at the time. But then again, not much was available that FA period for SF's. Glad he's sitting tonight.... hopefully this allows OG to go ham for once & crack 20+.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Lol DC.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Lol, what a little bitch.
                          Hahaha "rest".

There's 2 types of people in this world. Those that would circle the date and salivate to play an old team that recently dropped them like a bad habit, and those that would rather avoid hearing boo's or being compared to the new guys in his spot.

I feel like OG Is a "circle the date" type. Goodbye and good riddance. As adele said, "I wish nothing but the best for you"
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Meh, at the end of the day we could do the chicken or the egg argument until we're blue in the face. My bias will shine through in a debate like this one. I never liked carroll, his enthusiasm or effort and did nothin redeeming his whole time here. So when he leaves and slags US (because that's how I've always referred to the team) damn right I'm gonna get my dwane casey on and get defensive.

I'm ok having internal discussions about what is wrong with the team, at all times. And I get that some guys have years of animosity built up with the style dwane kyle and demar played (and won with)

But no matter your opinion on dwanerozan lowry the three headed core, those men are still fighting for US, in the trenches, proudly representing the raptors year in year out. That has to count for something to ALL fans.

It's kind of like the old "my family can rip on a family member, but if an outsider tries it, they have to deal with us" there are things about the team that have always driven me crazy, but I will always love the boys that play for the name on the front.

We the North. Fuck DeMarre Carroll and fuck brooklyn. Fuck lebron and the "fun to watch" sixers, t rex. And Shaolin Fantastic, fuck boston too.
                            lol. Drop that mic, brotha. I hear you.

I'm the last Raptor fan who would ever defend JYD 0.2..... I own the copyright on that one, btw. He's right up there with Hedo, in my bad books.

But at the same time, I can't all of a sudden change my beliefs or opinions I've had for 4 years just because some doofus in a pirate outfit agrees with me. This is the definition of "conflicted'. lol.

Comment

How did i got into this? LMAO! y'all are funny.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Hahaha "rest".

There's 2 types of people in this world. Those that would circle the date and salivate to play an old team that recently dropped them like a bad habit, and those that would rather avoid hearing boo's or being compared to the new guys in his spot.

I feel like OG Is a "circle the date" type. Goodbye and good riddance. As adele said, "I wish nothing but the best for you"
                                OG is neither. OG is keeping 100 all the time, he's original. Dudes like OG hang out in a "I don't give a fuck" group.

Comment

Working...
                                X