No announcement yet.

Game #32: Toronto Raptors 93 - Dallas Mavericks 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolation after Isolation 3rd quarter, that was the game.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      DeRozan 8 points. And completely disappeared in the 4th. He wasn't even looking for his shot. Can't have your star player playing like that.
      Some nights it’s just not going..DD couldn’t hit anything tonight...
      Burn the film..move on...
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Try to not get too down tonight, everyone. The Clippers loss was just as horrendous as this one, and the Raps followed it up with a nice winning streak. Let's see how they bounce back tomorrow.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Nah Powell is much worse. Last year he looked like an NBA starter. This year he look like a G-Leaguer. It's really bizaare.
          Which is why you stick with him..it’s between the ears right now....but a stint against lesser completion in the d league would be good cuz the leash is really really short for him right now...
          - TGO

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Wesley Mathews just totally handcuffed him
            Star players don't have games like that. I've seen it too many times with DD this year and the last couple of years. I don't remember Carter in his prime having games like that, or Pierce or McGrady. Those guys usually always finds ways to score even when they're not shooting well.

As for the other players:

Siakam - Someone needs to tell this dude to stop shooting 3's. This guy has missed 26 straight 3's. TWENTY SIX. And he keeps jacking them up.

JV - Nothing more frustrating than watching a 7 footer miss bunnies after bunnies.

Powell - Can they still send him to the G-League?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Isolation after Isolation 3rd quarter, that was the game.
              Nothing went in..they ran the offence....lots of open shots...but only 30 of 89...pretty bad night..
              It happens... ball moved really well to get Ibalka the 3 that rattled in and out...that would have tied it..
              - TGO

Comment

Star players don't have games like that. I've seen it too many times with DD this year and the last couple of years. I don't remember Carter in his prime having games like that, or Pierce or McGrady. Those guys usually always finds ways to score even when they're not shooting well.

As for the other players:

Siakam - Someone needs to tell this dude to stop shooting 3's. This guy has missed 26 straight 3's. TWENTY SIX. And he keeps jacking them up.

JV - Nothing more frustrating than watching a 7 footer miss bunnies after bunnies.

Powell - Can they still send him to the G-League?
                They ALL stunk it up tonight... just a bad game..
                Tee it up again tomorrow night.
                - TGO

Comment

• I still remember DeRozan's 8 point performance against the Bucks in the playoffs last year. And his 13 point performance against the Pacers this year.

The thing that I've noticed is, when his shot is not falling, he just looks scared to shoot. Like tonight.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Nothing went in..they ran the offence....lots of open shots...but only 30 of 89...pretty bad night..
                    It happens... ball moved really well to get Ibalka the 3 that rattled in and out...that would have tied it..
                    This was a winnable game. They shouldn’t be in a situation relying on a Hail Mary. They were up by 9 in the 3rd then Lowry started the old brand of Raptors b-ball, followed by Derozan. Difficult shots after difficult shots. That has been their Achilles in the playoffs. They were fantastic against the Sixers in a back to back game but old habits just won’t die.

That’s why Paul Pierce was dead on, trusting the Raptors when it matters most is premature.

Comment

I still remember DeRozan's 8 point performance against the Bucks in the playoffs last year. And his 13 point performance against the Pacers this year.

The thing that I've noticed is, when his shot is not falling, he just looks scared to shoot. Like tonight.
                      He moved the ball well to get others good looks or to get the ball moving. He didn't try to force anything and he got fouled a lot and didn't get the call. He would have forced his game in the past and then everyone would have gone off about him going iso and forcing shots. I'm glad he made plays to get Serge good looks. Serge now just has to knock those down, period.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I really feel we aren't using CJ correctly. He needs to be getting more minutes.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I still remember DeRozan's 8 point performance against the Bucks in the playoffs last year. And his 13 point performance against the Pacers this year.

Do you remember his 45 points the other night against the fully Sixers..or the 29 he rang up the game before...
                          Everyone has poor games..but this guy has exponentially more good games than poor ones.
                          - TGO

Comment

This was a winnable game. They shouldn’t be in a situation relying on a Hail Mary. They were up by 9 in the 3rd then Lowry started the old brand of Raptors b-ball, followed by Derozan. Difficult shots after difficult shots. That has been their Achilles in the playoffs. They were fantastic against the Sixers in a back to back game but old habits just won’t die.

That’s why Paul Pierce was dead on, trusting the Raptors when it matters most is premature.
                            Bang on.

They were up 73-66. And for whatever reason they started chucking tough shots after tough shots. The Mavs then blitzed them with a 17-0 run.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              I really feel we aren't using CJ correctly. He needs to be getting more minutes.
                              Yeah...I’d be giving him Powell’s minutes
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Do you remember his 45 points the other night against the fully Sixers..or the 29 he rang up the game before...
                                Everyone has poor games..but this guy has exponentially more good games than poor ones.
                                All i'm saying is. STAR players don't have games like that. I don't remember Carter having games like that or Pierce or McGrady.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X