Game #34 Toronto Raptors 111 - Atlanta Hawks 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    First of all OG is not a shutdown guy. Second, i'm confident Prince is going to shut himself down lol so I'm not worried about that. Prince is nothing more than an energy guy.
    30 and 10 from Prince. And yes, OG is, and will be, a shutdown guy.
    And yes, both things can be true.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      30 and 10 from Prince. And yes, OG is, and will be, a shutdown guy.
      And yes, both things can be true.
      lol

This is a classic Raptors Republic fan reaction everytime the Raptors have a new young player. Like they're the next big thing. I still remember how people overhyped Ross and JV years ago. And Powell just 2 years ago.

As for Prince, he scored 30 points lol good for him. Nothing changes the fact that he's nothing more than an energy guy. If you think he's more than that then you're really fooling yourself.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scenario one. Derozan and Lowry go down with season ending injuries. Raptors bring up Brown or McKinnie and scrape into the playoffs losing in round one to Cleveland or Boston.

Scenario two. Derozan and Lowry continue at their current level. Raptors bench continues to develop, we finish third and sneak past the Bucks to round two; losing to Cleveland or Boston.

Scenario three. Derozan gets back to sharing the ball, continues to hit 3s, Lowry gets back to at least last year's level, the youngsters excel and we make the conference final. Slight chance of winning.

I'm accepting that this season is still really about development and will not get too upset about losses. I will get upset about stupidity from our "Big Two". At this point the only players I see as "untouchable" for trades would be OG, Delon, Jakob and Pascal. The Raptors will continue to be enjoyable but only a failure to make the playoffs at all, hence not giving the young ones playoff experience would be a complete disaster.

Comment

• Jack was right on - in the coming weeks they have to start closing out more good teams and improve on that ~.500 mark vs. playoff teams. Need to be better than that if you have your sights set on a deep run.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

lol

This is a classic Raptors Republic fan reaction everytime the Raptors have a new young player. Like they're the next big thing. I still remember how people overhyped Ross and JV years ago. And Powell just 2 years ago.

As for Prince, he scored 30 points lol good for him. Nothing changes the fact that he's nothing more than an energy guy. If you think he's more than that then you're really fooling yourself.
            Point is you talk so much s**t all the time. And as is often the case, you were wrong.
            Cody73 makes a prediction, turned out pretty bang on for this evening. I didn't hear him say Prince is going to the hall. But of course you come in with your exhausting, negative, knowing-it-all attitude
            like a D. And yup, tonight, which was what Cody was referring to -- You were wrong. It's simple. But digest it.

30 and 10 from an energy guy. Did Amir put up those numbers ONCE as a Rap? JYD? We can name many other "energy guys" on other teams. Do I think Prince is gonna be an all star in this league? Nope. I really don't. But tonight, and oh two weeks ago when you're talking sh*t about FC choking (I'm not even a big fan) and many other times I've witnessed along the way. You. Were. Wrong. So just try and consider that every once in a while as you're wielding your keyboard like a negative POS.

11,000+ posts or not. You're not always right, bro. Often not always right

And yeah, a lot of people have high hopes for OG. I think shut-down defender is within the limits of imagination.

Comment

Point is you talk so much s**t all the time. And as is often the case, you were wrong.
              Cody73 makes a prediction, turned out pretty bang on for this evening. I didn't hear him say Prince is going to the hall. But of course you come in with your exhausting, negative, knowing-it-all attitude
              like a D. And yup, tonight, which was what Cody was referring to -- You were wrong. It's simple. But digest it.

30 and 10 from an energy guy. Did Amir put up those numbers ONCE as a Rap? JYD? We can name many other "energy guys" on other teams. Do I think Prince is gonna be an all star in this league? Nope. I really don't. But tonight, and oh two weeks ago when you're talking sh*t about FC choking (I'm not even a big fan) and many other times I've witnessed along the way. You. Were. Wrong. So just try and consider that every once in a while as you're wielding your keyboard like a negative POS.

And yeah, a lot of people have high hopes for OG. I think shut-down defender is within the limits of imagination.
              It's a lot easier for some folks to say "fail, fail, fail" all the time and be right zero times than it is to say "win, win, win" and be right zero times. I don't understand it myself, it's just the way she goes. They always seem to remember the fails over the wins, especially for this team. #staypositive #perspectiveiskey

Comment

• I'll add that I do think you have a great deal of knowledge and insight and I've often enjoyed reading your posts over the years.

I don't remember you always being as unpleasant as you are these days. Be nice if you were able to keep the conversation additive and not just be so condescending all the time. That's your thing. So be it. It's a forum and people should definitely be able to speak their minds. You're certainly not alone here in your chicken little outlook.

I think we all realize the percentage points for us getting past Lebron are slim.
                I think the rest of the league realized that with Jordan.
                There'll be highs and lows. Things we wish we could change and things we can't.
                All in all though, things are arguably brighter than they've ever been in Raptor-land.
                I choose to enjoy the ride.

Comment

• Missed the game tonight but glad to see us take care of business.

It will be a long wait till Monday night but I hope every one of you has a fun and safe New Year's Eve, and an excellent 2018.

Comment

• Took care of business. Good.

LOL at you guys with the excuses stuff at the start of the thread. It's a commonly accepted thing that the Xmas and all-star break bookends are basically wildcard games, coin tosses. It sucks, but it is what it is. The idea is that the noise (distraction, lack of preparation, giant piles of turkey) overcomes the signal (talent disparity between the teams).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The win was accomplished without the help of power forward Serge Ibaka, who was suspended by the team due to an “altercation” with a member of the team’s staff after the Raptors’ loss in Oklahoma City Wednesday night. The team was keeping the circumstances close to the vest although it’s believed it didn’t involve a coach.
                      If not a coach, Could be one of Derozan or Lowry.

Comment

• Yeah a few posters here bring to mind the old Agnew/Safire line "nattering nabobs of negativism".

Some are merely comedy relief making me briefly think "What kind of life does this person have?" Others just call for the IGNORE feature.

Thankfully many here have enough balance in being able to see and post both positives and negatives.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          ...Thankfully many here have enough balance in being able to see and post both positives and negatives.
                          And you, along with many others (GLF I'm looking at you specifically) are a great example of that. Hope everyone (even the posters on my ignore list) enjoy themselves this weekend, and all the best to you all in 2018, which may be the best Raptors season so far.

Comment

Too lazy to read the whole thing. It's way too long. So i'm not even gonna bother.

I'm guessing this about Prince and OG being a shutdown guy? lol. I'm just going to quote my previous post.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

lol

This post.

And for a MILLION time, not every Raptors young player/draft pick is the second coming. The last draft pick that turned out to be a star was DeRozan.

Calling a guy like OG a shutdown guy after 40 something games is beyond STUPID. But then again i'm not really surprised bec this is what you people do. You overhype all these young players.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

If not a coach, Could be one of Derozan or Lowry.
                                All reports say "Raptors staff member"
                                It's not a player ....

Comment

Working...
                                X