Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    So glad we got rid of this guy. Wasn't the knee his problem with us and with Atlanta?
    There is certainly some irony in that the Raptors' replaced
    him with a rookie who wasn't expected to play due to a severe knee injury.
    I don't wish ill of any athlete, disappointed yes but if your not physically
    right you just can't play at a high level, this DC.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad we got rid of this guy. Wasn't the knee his problem with us and with Atlanta?
    It was the health problem, but not THE problem.

You could guarantee that whoever Carroll was guarding would get at least 2-3 easy cuts on him for dunks/layups per game because he would be completely oblivious off the ball. That's extra frustrating when you're putting the guy on the other team's best player every night. Your "stopper" can't be that awful a team defender, while also being hobbled half the time with injuries that make his man D pathetic as well.

We get better D out of OG and Siakam than we ever did even once from Carroll. The amount of easy backcuts has dropped dramatically since Carroll left.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It was the health problem, but not THE problem.

You could guarantee that whoever Carroll was guarding would get at least 2-3 easy cuts on him for dunks/layups per game because he would be completely oblivious off the ball. That's extra frustrating when you're putting the guy on the other team's best player every night. Your "stopper" can't be that awful a team defender, while also being hobbled half the time with injuries that make his man D pathetic as well.

We get better D out of OG and Siakam than we ever did even once from Carroll. The amount of easy backcuts has dropped dramatically since Carroll left.
    This is very true. I didn't even think about or realize how bad his team defence was since his man to man defence was so bad. He couldn't even fight through screens lol. I feel really bad for him though because the injury was a huge part of his problem but it looks like it may just end up being a chronic thing. It's a lot harder at his age to come back 100% and not reaggravate an injury like he had. Also didn't he injure one knee with Atlanta and then the other knee with us? Or was it the same knee both times?
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is very true. I didn't even think about or realize how bad his team defence was since his man to man defence was so bad. He couldn't even fight through screens lol. I feel really bad for him though because the injury was a huge part of his problem but it looks like it may just end up being a chronic thing. It's a lot harder at his age to come back 100% and not reaggravate an injury like he had. Also didn't he injure one knee with Atlanta and then the other knee with us? Or was it the same knee both times?
    If he had three knees they'd all be injured. Watching the Boston-Brooklyn game was painful. Brooklyn jacked up a bunch of the ugliest 3 point attempts I've ever seen and beside that the offense was Dinwiddie driving the lane and trying to get fouled. He actually looked to be their best player and given the Raptors issues with dribble penetration could be a pain. The Raptors will really have to be in sleepwalk mode to lose this one though

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its the same old story with Carroll. This is the 4th year in a row he was dealing with knee injury and after a hot start, he is already slowing down and injured again. Its not bad luck anymore, he just can't do it. Good thing we traded him away cause it would have been the same thing here for a third year in a row.

6. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mitch P wrote: View Post
    The Raptors will really have to be in sleepwalk mode to lose this one though
    or let Sauce Castillo go off again because ... I still don't know why they did that last time.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Its the same old story with Carroll. This is the 4th year in a row he was dealing with knee injury and after a hot start, he is already slowing down and injured again. Its not bad luck anymore, he just can't do it. Good thing we traded him away cause it would have been the same thing here for a third year in a row.
    Beginning of the season he was throwing shade at the Raps medical staff for not having him healthy and now on a new team he's gotten himself injured yet again. Damn shame I tell ya

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Beginning of the season he was throwing shade at the Raps medical staff for not having him healthy and now on a new team he's gotten himself injured yet again. Damn shame I tell ya
    Throwing shade on the Raptors medical staff that's among the best respected in the entire league.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

10. Like DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Game day!

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Game day!
    Finally. Feels like it's been a week.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Throwing shade on the Raptors medical staff that's among the best respected in the entire league.
    Kawhi Leonard has partial tear in left shoulder. I was just thinking this morning how healthy the Raptors have been overall. Fingers crossed.
    Go Raptors!

Post Thanks / Like

15. Like tDotted liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was watching the end of the Brooklyn/Boston game. Dinwiddie loves going ISO late in the game. Wonder how many times he got fouled? Carroll hurt his knee trying to rebound the ball. Would have liked to play against him one time.. oh well.

Brooklyn loves shooting the ball.. they just aren't good at it. Only way the Raps lose is if they perform like they did against LAC or Dallas.. where they just go cold through out the game. At that point I hope they unleash JV again.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I was watching the end of the Brooklyn/Boston game. Dinwiddie loves going ISO late in the game. Wonder how many times he got fouled? Carroll hurt his knee trying to rebound the ball. Would have liked to play against him one time.. oh well.

Brooklyn loves shooting the ball.. they just aren't good at it. Only way the Raps lose is if they perform like they did against LAC or Dallas.. where they just go cold through out the game. At that point I hope they unleash JV again.
    Casey usually responds to any great outing (or even stretches) by JV by inexplicably gluing him to the bench and once again, refusing to run the odd play for him....

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade chatter from Woj. Weird that teams are targeting Carroll but that may have changed after his injury.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...an-wojnarowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Trade chatter from Woj. Weird that teams are targeting Carroll but that may have changed after his injury.

"At his age, he's one of the best basketball players that has played this game." Paul George on Lonzo ball

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post

We need a trade deadline thread. Ilyasova would be a nice, low-key veteran pickup for the Raps.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    We need a trade deadline thread. Ilyasova would be a nice, low-key veteran pickup for the Raps.
    I'm not sure if we need another role player. Shooters are always nice, but then we have to find minutes for them. CJ is only getting about 18-19 minutes a game, and he's going to be better than anyone that's out there. Personally I'd prefer that we get a draft pick so that we can stuff our cupboards with more assets and make a big splash this summer when we have our TPE and the hard cap lifted.

Like trading Bebe for a pick. He's been useful but I don't see him having any role in the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Exactly the type of player that Casey would insert into the starting lineup, for no apparent reason.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Like trading Bebe for a pick. He's been useful but I don't see him having any role in the playoffs.
    Until Jonas gets insured again.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information