Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sanyo wrote: View Post
    Orlando takes another one of our shitty players? Sure!
    It was a joke.. we can't trade with Orlando this season (due to Weltman) and we can't trade Powell this season (due to his extension).

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Atlanta Hawks seek something that is almost exclusively owned by bottom feeders for the assets they are trying to sell almost exclusively to contenders.

4. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    50 points in a win vs Golden States is no joke!!

Bring back the captain!
    It's certainly tempting in some respects; CJ Miles has been hot and cold this season, and Lou Will has historically been more hot than cold. And Lou can play capably as a back-up point guard if needed.

The one thing that makes me say a firm "no" to plugging Lou Will into CJ's current role, however, is that it would run a serious risk of messing up our (largely successful) culture reset. It's not even worth thinking about unless you think we are going to be without Kyle (or have him on limited minutes) in the first round.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Atlanta Hawks seek something that is almost exclusively owned by bottom feeders for the assets they are trying to sell almost exclusively to contenders.
    Price is too high. How about Valanciunas for either one of them instead.
    -christanL
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

This sounds like a good opportunity to insinuate ourselves. Maybe Bruno or Bebe for a high second rounder, then the other other of Bruno or Bebe plus a high second rounder for Ilyasova? We're win-now enough that I'd be fine with what for us would be Bruno + Bebe for Ilyasova, I think.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
    This sounds like a good opportunity to insinuate ourselves. Maybe Bruno or Bebe for a high second rounder, then the other other of Bruno or Bebe plus a high second rounder for Ilyasova? We're win-now enough that I'd be fine with what for us would be Bruno + Bebe for Ilyasova, I think.
    If Masai can turn a Bruno/Bebe rental into a high 2nd rounder which he then flips for Ilyasova, then I'm getting a Blackberry Passport too because I also want to make magic happen.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

"52/8/5/1/1" -- Jan. 1, 2018

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-col...192868559.html

So about the trade talk that persists despite Hill’s unfavorable (this season anyway) contract terms. As in the past, he remains unfazed by the chatter while acknowledging the transient nature of his chosen profession. It doesn’t sound as if being traded to a contender would break his heart, either.

“One thing I’ve learned is that you have to keep your bags packed,” he added. “You never know. If it happens, it happens. But I’ve made great relationships in this locker room and with this club. If I leave, I’ll look them in the face, shake their hand and thank them for the opportunity.”

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hill was such a good fit in Utah. A shame what happened to that Jazz team....

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Multiple NBA teams have cited Tristan Thompson as an asset Cleveland is willing to move in the right deal, such as one for the Los Angeles Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan. Nevertheless, the superstar talent of Oklahoma City’s Paul George or New Orleans’ DeMarcus Cousins, each deserving of that Nets first-rounder, won’t see the light in this trade market as of right now, league sources said, as those teams are fully focused on winning with each respective player."
    https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/clevela...ews.42169.html

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Tristan, but I can't think he's much more than salary ballast on the trade market right now. He's the contract Cleveland would need to toss in alongside the Nets pick, not an asset that's going to land them anything meaningful on his own.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cavs are delusional if they think they are trading for anything of impact without including the brooklyn pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Cavs are delusional if they think they are trading for anything of impact without including the brooklyn pick
    Cavs have worlds best player, top 10 scoring point guard, top 5 power forward, dead eye shooters, 3 and d "better than demar" Crawford, dwane wade on the bench, Tristan on the bench, etc, they still need some superstar addition? Lol
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Cavs have worlds best player, top 10 scoring point guard, top 5 power forward, dead eye shooters, 3 and d "better than demar" Crawford, dwane wade on the bench, Tristan on the bench, etc, they still need some superstar addition? Lol
    "LeBron needs more help!"

LeBron always needs more fucking help, that discount store MJ wannabe.

16. Like Mapko liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    LeBron...that discount store MJ wannabe.
    Beautifully phrased. My new favorite put down. "He's just a discount store Chuck Norris." " She's just a discount store Oprah Winfrey."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Beautifully phrased. My new favorite put down. "He's just a discount store Chuck Norris." " She's just a discount store Oprah Winfrey."
    Toronto raptors all star "Costco kobe"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    "LeBron needs more help!"

LeBron always needs more fucking help, that discount store MJ wannabe.
    ah yes, Michael Jordan, who only won all six of his championships with one of the greatest coaches of all time and a top-20-player-of-all-time as his second fiddle and needed another NBA Hall of Famer as well as a FIBA Hall of Famer to win the last three

20. Like Superjudge, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    ah yes, Michael Jordan, who only won all six of his championships with one of the greatest coaches of all time and a top-20-player-of-all-time as his second fiddle and needed another NBA Hall of Famer as well as a FIBA Hall of Famer to win the last three
    Michael Jordan....pffffffft. He wasn't all that.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    When they're winning: GM LeBron made great moves and saved the team

When they're losing: LeBron needs more help. The front office has to do more.

I don't know how those other guys keep their head on straight in that environment.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Michael Jordan....pffffffft. He wasn't all that.
    No player in the Modern age will ever receive the Propped up help from the league and its officials MJ did in order to maintain his status as some immortal Basketball God. The guy was no where as good as he is spoken of, its pretty lame really. His Game and Series winner over Byron Russell says it all... barges into the paint, Legit forearm bashed Russell to the ground and hits an open shot to win... The NBA needed a Hero, Nike needed one and the two made billions off this manufactured "Hero".

Meh, I don't like Lebron all that much, but he kills Jordan all day long.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information