Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Now is not the time to move JV unless theres some superstar package that falls at your doorstep. JV is worth more possible playoff wins than some marginal stretch 4 or 3&D upgrade over Pascal or OG
    That package is what I think most people are referring to in a trade of JV scenario. May not fall at our door step, but I'm sure Masai is looking for one such package.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    That package is what I think most people are referring to in a trade of JV scenario. May not fall at our door step, but I'm sure Masai is looking for one such package.
    Masai all day every day:

"Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

"52/8/5/1/1" -- Jan. 1, 2018

3. Like LJ2 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that a VGA monitor? SICK!

Post Thanks / Like

Is trading Norm even a possibility at this years deadline? I doubt they have given up on him, but he's about completely out of the rotation lately and taking up some significant cap space. That and OG being the present and future starter at SF would suggest Norm is expendable.

Post Thanks / Like

Is trading Norm even a possibility at this years deadline? I doubt they have given up on him, but he's about completely out of the rotation lately and taking up some significant cap space. That and OG being the present and future starter at SF would suggest Norm is expendable.
    Not sure how many takers there given his horrid play this season, and his hefty contract.

7. Like LJ2 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Norm signed an extension. As a rule players that sign an extension can't be traded for at least 6 months from the day they signed one. That's why Norm can't be traded before the deadline.

9. Like LJ2 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

No, he cannot be traded until the Raptors are eliminated from this years playoffs.

11. Like LJ2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't mind trading Bebe for a pick. But other than that, I don't really see a move out there that would help the Raptors in the short term. Tyreke Evans would require a pick to go the other way (at least) for example.
    Well, there you go. Three team deal - BeBe out to third team, Evans in, pick from third team to MEM. Not sure what team would give up a pick for BeBe though. More likely I think is that MEM finds that Evans has no market and settles for a swap for BeBe.

But I expect no trades at all. The JV for a star concept is a pipedream and I'm not interested in lateral moves.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Masai all day every day:

If you look behind him, you'll notice a constant essential working man's companion that hasn't changed since the 90s: the travel mug
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    If you look behind him, you'll notice a constant essential working man's companion that hasn't changed since the 90s: the travel mug
    Two travel mugs and a regular mug!

15. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Two travel mugs and a regular mug!
    What we have here is a busy man conducting lots of business
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Is that a VGA monitor? SICK!
    It's a Minesweeper machine that doubles as a Solitaire dealer. Incredible invention.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

"52/8/5/1/1" -- Jan. 1, 2018

18. Like 3inthekeon, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see JV being traded. Maybe his biggest skill is plus defensive rebounding, a skill no one else on the roster has.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not sure how many takers there given his horrid play this season, and his hefty contract.
    True, but I was going to say Norm and JV with Mike Conley might interest Memphis and persuade them to trade Gasol. They stick to old school grind it out basketball, and get younger. Not a full blow up, but a reset. Not that I'm in the Gasol to Raptors camp, but no doubt it improves the team a bit.

Norm cannot be traded it seems, so we don't have the pieces that might interest Memphis. Would not move OG for Gasol.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How bout this trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y79wexy8

TOR sheds salary and sends JV & Powel to CLI and Miles to Bucks
    LAC trades Deandre and gets from them a future 1st +JV + Powell and John Henson to match salary
    MIL gets their all-star center in DeAndre and a sharpshooter in Miles

... the RAPTORS get freakin Jabari Parker and Teletovic

We shed 30 million owned next year to miles+JV+powell, we can match offers for Jabari in restricted free agency and Teletovic becomes an expiring next year.

PG: Lowry, FVV
    SG: DeRozan, Delon
    SF: OG, Jabari
    PF: Ibaka, Pascal, Teletovic
    C: Poetl, Lucas

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Samuel Isaak wrote: View Post
    How bout this trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y79wexy8

TOR sheds salary and sends JV & Powel to CLI and Miles to Bucks
    LAC trades Deandre and gets from them a future 1st +JV + Powell and John Henson to match salary
    MIL gets their all-star center in DeAndre and a sharpshooter in Miles

... the RAPTORS get freakin Jabari Parker and Teletovic

We shed 30 million owned next year to miles+JV+powell, we can match offers for Jabari in restricted free agency and Teletovic becomes an expiring next year.

PG: Lowry, FVV
    SG: DeRozan, Delon
    SF: OG, Jabari
    PF: Ibaka, Pascal, Teletovic
    C: Poetl, Lucas
    Doesn't belong here. Read the OP.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

LAC wants to trade DeAndre and MIL wanted him, per woj, as yall read

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Doesn't belong here. Read the OP.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Powell can't be traded until after the season ends! - wish we could sticky that somewhere lol

25. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    He's been quite able to move JV for over a year now and unhappy with the potential return, a circumstance I see no reason will change now.
    I'm just saying there's no guarantee that JV doesn't get moved given there's been more rumours about him than any other Raptor since Masai started here.

Also our payroll jumps to $126mm next year even after Bruno/Bebe expire, and the luxury tax is at $121mm, so even if JV isn't moved now, there is a decent chance it happens this summer.

Although at this point Norm looks more like the odd man out than JV, even though we need wing depth more than bigs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information