No announcement yet.

Game #39 Toronto Raptors 89 - Miami Heat 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if..for the first time in Raptor recorded history, that the league office who has the Raps - Lebrons matchup as the game of the week on a national broadcast, looks the other way and doesn’t suspend Serge to keep the matchup attractive....
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Was meaning to say last night: Erik spoelstra super underrated coach. We still don't give him enough credit in the post lebron era, always getting more wins than the roster looks on paper. I think he's top 5
      Yeah, I wasn't high on him initially, but he's really good. Little things, like when the broadcasters pointed out him going old-school big late, with Whiteside and Bam.

But still, Erik: STAY OFF THE GODDAM COURT.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        The Raps against Brooklyn had 9 secs to draw a winning play. NINE. They ended up with forced, tough, fadeaway shot from DeRozan. DeRozan caught the ball with 2 secs left smh.

The Heat last night had 3 secs to draw a winning play. They got a layup.

I've been sayin this for years now. Spoelstra is a top 5 coach in this league. I don't understand why he doesn't get the love like some of the other young coaches in this league gets.
        I don't think that play was designed for an Ellington layup. It was just a broken play, and he took what the defense gave him.

But point taken on that brutal Brooklyn play. Awful execution.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I don't think that play was designed for an Ellington layup. It was just a broken play, and he took what the defense gave him.

The defence was broken, but that was definitely a drawn up play (that could end in a variety of ways, depending on the defence). It's designed to generate an open three at the top of the arc or the corner, or an opportunity to drive from those locations. They ended up with the drive from the corner.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Raps against Brooklyn had 9 secs to draw a winning play. NINE. They ended up with forced, tough, fadeaway shot from DeRozan. DeRozan caught the ball with 2 secs left smh.

I've been sayin this for years now. Spoelstra is a top 5 coach in this league. I don't understand why he doesn't get the love like some of the other young coaches in this league gets.
            And an .....And 1 for that view....

Spoelstra is the second longest tenured coach in the league tied with Rick Carlisle and only behind the legend in SAN Antonio.You stick around that long it’s not because your the owners brother in law.

He has won two championships....Yes he did it with Lebron..but to manage all those egos and get the best out of all of them is a Herculean effort that takes both brains and people skills in the top quartiles.

He has also taken what can only be described as an all heart ream ..a euphanism for no talent ....and has made two decent runs with this core in the last two years. He never rips the zebras in public and enjoys the complete respect of his team.

I know that doesn’t compare in the slightest to what the horizon league coach of the year with the 11 and 18 playoff record has put up ...but yeah ....Eric Spoelstra is a helluva coach.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 10, 2018, 03:20 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Spoelstra is a good coach no doubt but let's not pretend that he drew up a play where multiple Raptors failed to communicate/blew assignments, allowed a blow by and got no secondary rotating support for an open almost uncontested jam lol. There should even have been an open corner 3 available to them if the play had unfolded differently

Comment

• Ibaka and DeRozan better not be suspended then
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Ibaka and DeRozan better not be suspended then
                  It was one of the more obvious intent to injure moves I've seen in years. Blatant disregard to an opponent, he didn't clothesline him, he chopped his throat. Should have been a fine and at least a game.....but he's a Cav so no surprise....

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Ibaka and DeRozan better not be suspended then
                    OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      Rip Billy gunn
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ibaka and Johnson suspended one game each. I'd rest DeMar....doubly so if the game was in Cleveland.
                        The league has also fined DeMar $25,000 and Dragic $10,000 for a separate altercation at the end of the game.

And Isaiah Thomas gets nothing but a tiny fine for basically swinging at a guys throat *puke*

Comment

• Steph Curry and Clay Thompson both sitting against the Clippers. Yup, I'd sit DeMar with Lowry and Ibaka for the Cavs game....and let Norm get some serious burn, maybe OG gets going, play Myles a bunch etc

Comment

• hahaha I hear ya. This is where I kinda like hockey still...you wouldnt see that there.

Anyhow, I'm sure he heard about it.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

DanH wrote: View Post
                              The defence was broken, but that was definitely a drawn up play (that could end in a variety of ways, depending on the defence). It's designed to generate an open three at the top of the arc or the corner, or an opportunity to drive from those locations. They ended up with the drive from the corner.
                              siakim OG and derozan got tangled up there with the switching, but siakim's close out on ellington was poor. I've looked at the play a few times and I can only blame it on poor defensive execution.

Comment

Working...
                              X