Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #39 Toronto Raptors 89 - Miami Heat 90

Post Thanks / Like

Default Game #39 Toronto Raptors 89 - Miami Heat 90

The Raptors managed to pull out a win in Brooklyn last night, but overshadowing it all was a nasty fall from Lowry that led to him being literally carried off the court. While we all hope that it won't be a long-term injury, the Raptors' 5 game win streak will be tested tonight against the resurgent Miami Heat.

PROJECTED STARTERS

KEYS TO THE GAME

1. Rally: Lowry going down is a body-blow for the team, especially with the tough slate of games coming up. We don't know how long he'll be out for, but if he's on the shelf for a few weeks the rest of the Raptors will have to rally together and play as a team to try and compensate for his absence

2. Legs: Yesterday was not a good shooting night for the Raptors, and compound that with another game tonight and one of the team's best shooters out, this game could get really ugly really fast if the Raptors struggle with their jumpers again

3. Step Up: It will more than likely be Delon Wright who gets the start tonight, and it's a big opportunity for him to show he has what it takes to be a lead guard against an opponents' starters. We know that he's good (check his highlights against Chicago last week), but he's going to have some big matchups to face if Lowry's out for longer than a few days, including Isaiah Thomas and Steph Curry in the next couple games
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone else has been listening to the kids these days, but cold is the new hot. That's good news for #WeTheNorth and bad news for the Heat. Hoping for another cold W from the Raptors tonight. Let's goooooooooooooo
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

"52/8/5/1/1" -- Jan. 1, 2018

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry listed as day-to-day, but out for tonight.

Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully with Lowry out, DD continues to play a team game instead of trying to do more individually.
    OG is our king

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually curious to see who starts at PG. Can make a case for either Delon or Fred.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm actually curious to see who starts at PG. Can make a case for either Delon or Fred.
    It could also be Brown. Casey doesn't typically like to change his rotations when an injury happens.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'd love to hear the case for Fred.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    It could also be Brown. Casey doesn't typically like to change his rotations when an injury happens.
    "Dwane, it's easy. Just start Delon, and then pretend Delon's injured when it's time for the bench to go in. Problem solved."

9. Like tDotted, planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    That would be hilariously dwane
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

11. Like Cody73, JimiCliff, DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Mostly it's that he has his own logo and online store - https://fvv-23.myshopify.com/

Logo + "doesn't turn the ball over" + Dwane Casey = starting point guard, FVV!
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

"52/8/5/1/1" -- Jan. 1, 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I should've clarified that Casey can make a case for both.

"He's a bulldog."

"He makes plays."

"He's a calming force."

14. Like DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As a generally rule in today's NBA, shorter players with significantly less wingspan, athleticism and overall defensive presence are preferred, if all else is basically equal. Duh.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status...6%7Ctwterm%5E0

Goddammit lebron the world was much simpler when I hated you
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Might just lose my shit if Fred gets the start. Great kid but he's worse in every way compared to Delon.

18. Like DanH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Might just lose my shit if Fred gets the start. Great kid but he's worse in every way compared to Delon.
    It's going to happen. We should just accept it now.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The argument for starting Van Vleet is it is the least disturbing to the current rotations. Van Vleet gives the starters similar skills to Lowry, even of those skills only operate at about what 60% of Lowry gives you. Plus you desperately need playmaking with that second unit moreso than with the starters and Delon is a FAR better playmaker.

I wouldn't be too upset if they start Van Vleet - I mostly care about the minutes being reasonable - Delon should be around 35 minutes and Fred around 20 or so. And Delon should operate in clutch time.

21. Like Zainab liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Zainab's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post
    The argument for starting Van Vleet is it is the least disturbing to the current rotations. Van Vleet gives the starters similar skills to Lowry, even of those skills only operate at about what 60% of Lowry gives you. Plus you desperately need playmaking with that second unit moreso than with the starters and Delon is a FAR better playmaker.

I wouldn't be too upset if they start Van Vleet - I mostly care about the minutes being reasonable - Delon should be around 35 minutes and Fred around 20 or so. And Delon should operate in clutch time.
    Agreed!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On Kyle... The one thing I learned from following Embiid and Favors last year is that a bone bruise is not the same as a regular bruise. It's actually damage to the bone itself. It's interesting that Woj used the term bone bruise while the Raptors MR account said it was a bruised tailbone, which sounds more like a bruised ass.

Hopefully Woj got it wrong because bone bruises can last way longer than you'd expect a simple bruise to.

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bah double post sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post

If Delon is playing 35 minutes, then either he or DD will be with the bench for most of those minutes anyway.

I agree that the bench has struggled without a star there to help, but that's true with or without Delon (mostly they were only good with OG there). I think we'll need to see more mixing and matching to get enough offensive talent playing with the bench, maybe some Serge with the bench when DD isn't there, even Serge and JV together.

No matter what we do with the bench, it's going to be hoping to break even. Which is why winning the starter minutes is as key as ever. Hence no FVV starting.

26. Like tDotted liked this post
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information