Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bynum, Beasley, Noah and Lee Who Fits Best With the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bynum, Beasley, Noah and Lee Who Fits Best With the Raps?

The Rumours are back on in full effect and it seems all these guys will be an option coming back if a trade happens with their teams. But who fits better ? lets forget about the other peices for a moment and just look at who the main guys are involved.

Bynum : apperantly the deal is done especially since the lakers are struggling to finish off the the Thunder, Bynum seems to be the best player coming back in all these trade rumours. It would give Bargs a chance to be moved to the 4 which a lot of people think suits him best and maybe be his natural position. He would be able to shoot over smaller defenders, stay out of foul trouble, use his post up game more often and the pressure to rebound wouldn't be as great with Bynum in the middle. We can basically see if he really is a Dirk clone because thats how the Mavs use him with Haywood and Dampier playing at the 5.

Beasley: another deal thats basically written up already this one has been going around since last year . Beasley looked like he was on his way to a break out year but ended up in rehab at the begining of the year and had some mental issues to overcome before he finally joined the Heat and had a solid year but not spectacular. He is an undersized PF, quick first step and a good mid range shot, the guy can score when he wants but playing with Wade who is at times a ball hog doesn't get enough touches, has publically said he could be number 1 guy for a team. Huge upside, but defensively he is still very raw and also seems he still has a lot of growing up to do . If the Trade does happen Bargs stays at the 5 and the Raps could very well have the softest front court of all time with Hedo,Bargs and Beasley.

These next two haven't come out in the rumuors speculation but their teams have showed a lot of interest in Bosh.

Noah: would have to be included if Bosh does indeed get traded to the Bulls he's a double-double guy who can defend, rebound and add some grit to this soft ,soft team. Doesn't take shit from anybody on the court as we all saw against Lebron,he's very versatile and long he played the five for the Bulls. If the trade does happen the Raps would have good interior defense, rebounding,he also has a very good basketball IQ and very good help Defender. I think if he comes here he shouldn't play the 5 but he defenitly won't say no if he was asked to.

Lee: another double-double machine but only because the knicks have sucked so bad they didnt have any other options really. He's an average man on man defender, but a bad help Defender,he has good shot,another undersized PF,he can be a gritty player and he also plays under the basket for high percantage shots hence the .55% FG this year. The only problem i see,this was the last year on his contract so he is looking to get paid, if he does come here we may be looking at another Hedon't situation, but he could prove everyone wrong and be a solid player. If he came to the Raps they would definetly score 100 points a game but would also let other teams score 105 again.

Here's some stats :
    Andrew Bynum : pts-15.0 rebs-8.3 blocks-1.40 fg%-0.57 Age- 22yrs
    Michael Beasley: pts-14.8 rebs-6.4 blocks-0.60 fg%-0.45 Age- 21yrs
    Joakim Noah : pts-10.7 rebs-11 blocks-1.60 fg%-0.50 Age- 25yrs
    David Lee : pts- 20.2 rebs-11 blocks-0.5 fg%-0.54 Age- 27yrs

So who would the Raps fans want to come back this way if a Bosh Trade does happen?
    Bynum
    31.82%
    Beasley
    0.00%
    Noah
    63.64%
    Lee
    4.55%
    Last edited by rdiaz101; Mon May 17, 2010, 06:08 PM.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Noah and its not even close...

filled with energy....intense defender....and works his ass off every second...

Comment

Noah. Like A0 pointed out, he brings sheer energy, athleticism, and defense.
      Bynum would be a close second because of the potential he has and if he could ever stay healthy.
      I want no part of Beasley because I think the kid is lazy and dumb as a bag of rocks.
      Lee's a nice player, but a bit undersized to play the 5, and perhaps too slow to play the 4. But he's got very good game.

Comment

Gasol!

Bynum is injury prone, and there are some indication the he may not be happy in TO.
        Last thing that you need is unhappy people on your team.
        On other hand, Gasol already won a championship, plus for him TO is much closer to home,
        and we got his friend Jose here, so he may be willing to stick around.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
          Gasol!

Bynum is injury prone, and there are some indication the he may not be happy in TO.
          Last thing that you need is unhappy people on your team.
          On other hand, Gasol already won a championship, plus for him TO is much closer to home,
          and we got his friend Jose here, so he may be willing to stick around.

front court of barg gasol & hedo? i don't know...sounds like a pretty soft line-up.

gasol is a great player no doubt, but that's not the kind of player we need. noah's definitely tops on the list, LOVE his passion, which i think everyone except for jack lacks. i think bynum has more upside though, so i don't know. i'd be happy with either.

Comment

bodmon wrote: View Post
            front court of barg gasol & hedo? i don't know...sounds like a pretty soft line-up.
            Maybe they can play Sonny at 3, and use Turk as a 6th man.

Comment

Haven't we been over this dozen of times?

And Gasol would be nice, but the guy is going to be 30. Is getting a player who is going to decline really what the Raptors need? And are they going to contend, even with him in the next few years, when he'll still be playing at a high level? If not, then what exactly is the point?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I would pick Noah because he is everything the Toronto Raptors are not. He also has the spirit and presence of a real leader. I remember even in his rookie year he was calling guys out who weren't carrying their own in practice and in games.

Comment

Marcin Gortah & Rashard Lewis for Bosh & Hedo

Comment

Lewis has the most bloated contract in the league. No thanks..

Comment

check his expiring before react.

2 years left on his contract. Test him this year . If it works, well nice, go on , if not, you can find too many teams willing to take his contract for their cap space.

Biggest thing on that trade you will be getting rid of Hedo. Independence Day of Canada. What else you want...
                      Last edited by Vellassco; Fri Apr 30, 2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
                        check his expiring before react.
                        I did. He's owed around $15M more over the next three seasons than the entire worth of Hedo's five year contract. Another way of putting it is that Lewis has three seasons left, not including the current one, and $66.4M is owed. Time isn't the only potential enemy to a team's bottom line.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 30, 2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

What is it going to take for the Lakers to pull a Bosh for Bynum. Clearly Bynum is more valuable than Bosh, but the Lakers window to win shrinks every year and realistically with thier make up and pay roll, they have this year plus two more. Bosh gives them more of a win now line up and Bynum doesn't really seem fit with the Lakers, but if the Lakers lose to the Thunder, does that mean they are more likely to pull the trigger? What if they lose to Bron in the finals?

With all these western teams falling short, I think a lot of them are going to be inquiring about Bosh first and Hedo second. Hedo's skill set is abysmal on a bad team, but when surrounded by good players he is a game changing mismatch.

Comment

Anyone remember the TV series and movie based in Chicago called "The Untouchables". I think Noah would fits in that category in Chicago.

Bynum would be the best realistic fit in my opinion. I agree Bargs would probably excel more at the #4 than he has at the #5. With Bynum Bargs could stay on the outside on offense.

However, keep in mind that Bynum is not that great a rebounder. Like I posted earlier his rebounding numbers for this season were only 9.9 per 36 minutes which is okay if you put him with another big that can rebound.

On the other hand maybe his rebounding numbers would be greater if he were playing with Bargs than with Gasol who does a very good job on the glass.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I did. He's owed around $15M more over the next three seasons than the entire worth of Hedo's five year contract. Another way of putting it is that Lewis has three seasons left, not including the current one, and $66.4M is owed. Time isn't the only potential enemy to a team's bottom line.
                              Its not the end of world you were trying to imply.

Jack/Weems/Shard/Barg/Gortah

Pretty solid line up on both offensively and defensively i think. You can implement 1in-4 out style at offense ( also perty effective pnr's) . Plus, addition of both will give you size, height and aggression on defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X