PG: Steph Curry
    SG: Klay Thompson
    SF: Kevin Durant
    PF: Draymond Green
    C: Zaza Pachulia

Last Meeting:
    October 25, 2017
    TORONTO 112 GOLDEN STATE 117

For some perspective, they lost by five in Oakland down two centers and shooting 23.5 percent on threes, and several young players contributed in meaningful ways. There are still a lot of positives to be taken from that game, narrow, shorthanded losses to the champs could have just as easily been a win, even without Lowry shooting well. The key from there was to see progress with each successive time out, and the Raptors can attest to that. Raptors shot more threes than the Warriors, and given the personnel on the two teams, that’s probably not good for the the Raptors. 19 above the break threes in the first half is too many for this roster, and shooting 23.5% from behind the arc would’ve been a much, much bigger problem if not for Poeltl’s 11 offensive rebounds saving a good few of those possessions.

The kids showed up, against the defending champions, and showed that they are good. The youth on this team is really talented, and they’ve proven that they can be trusted to deliver. Allowing the Warriors to shoot 55.8% from the field and 46.2% from behind the arc is going to make any game tough to win, and it’s a credit to the Raptors that they kept it close given this, but they have to be better at that end of the floor.

Keys To The Game

1) Defend! Defend! Defend!
    2) Play as a cohesive unit - stick to what works! No ISO/hero ball.
    3) Have confidence in making those open shots!
    4) Score more than the opposing team.

Lets Go Raptors!!
    Last edited by Cody73; Fri Jan 12, 2018, 08:47 PM.

Meant to write game #41....MODS, help plz.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Saturday will be the 3rd game in four nights for the Warriors. It’s the second game of the B2B and the Warriors are 3 time zones off normal for them. Durant is a little nicked up as Curry. If your going to get em..getem while they’re tired.

Edit...The Bucks made the Warriors work hard minutes tonight and kept the starters on the floor till the end of the game..its about 10:30...An hour to the airport ....It’s a balmy -10 in tropical Milwaukee so the charter likely gets de-iced..another 30 to 40 fun filled minutes...an hour and a half from wheels up to YYZ....30 minutes in customs...45 minutes to the hotel.... so the warriors are in at 3AM if all goes well....

Raps W as they knock off Warriors at home.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jan 12, 2018, 11:34 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

The Statement.

Comment

Need big games from everyone playing together, trusting in one another, and killin' the show!

Comment

Another chance for the Raptors to show the league they're legit. Hopefully everyone is learning how to pronounce our players' names
                OG is our king

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                  Meant to write game #41....MODS, help plz.
                  Edited.

Also, do what we did against the Cavs against GS. Attack inside.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

This team is built on length and athleticism which is a decent counter for GS, however GS is way too skilled. Hopefully close game.

Comment

Last night's game was exactly what I wanted to see; the win of course but more than that a chance for the young players to get confident against a team that has had a strong intimidation factor going for them against the Raptors. If you really break down the teams man for man I don't think they SHOULD be intimidated. Past Lebron and Love there are good players past their peak or mediocre, one dimensional players.

The Golden State game is very different because they too have a young, athletic bench (for the most part) and an uber talented starting five. But no team is unbeatable in a single game and with the back to back factor there might be a chance. I was thinking of putting a call into Canada Customs that Draymond Green had a human head in his luggage.

The 905ers were interesting last night. I read the 905 columns on this site and Lorenzo (Alfonso to some) Brown has been tearing it up. After some shooting jitters last night (everything short) he started to look pretty slick in "garbage time". Malcolm Miller had a VERY nice looking stroke and allegedly can defend.

Not that I even want to consider dealing any of the current team....I'm so in love with them right now; but could Miller be a more mobile CJ in the future? I'm repeating myself here but I AM worried about Delon's shoulder in the long term. When he didn't play last night in the second half (a few minutes) I became more worried. I totally love his developing game but I'm convinced that his shoulder is always going to be prone to dislocating at random times. They will need a third reliable PG. I like Fred but perhaps Brown will be as good. Nice problem to have

Comment

On a per 48minute basis JV is 7th in the league in rebounds. Poeltl is 12th in blocks; just behind Durant and just ahead of Embiid. Pretty impressive. As someone posted yesterday, together they make one great post. Of late I'm pretty happy with them altogether.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Edited.

Also, do what we did against the Cavs against GS. Attack inside.
                          In the last 35 years, no other player has matched JV's 18 rebounds in under 20 minutes that he accumulated in the Cavs game
                          He's had a number of high output games in limited minutes that don't show as particularly high-output outings. I'm liking our bigs lately....

Comment

We need another big game from JV and need one from Demar too. Everyone else gotta contribute.

Raps by 10. Book it!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X