Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #41: Golden State Warriors 127 - Toronto Raptors 125

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Close to $250K in combined fines for the Raptors' Serge Ibaka ($138,357) and Heats' James Johnson ($96,172) based on the 1 game suspension. Toronto will get a $69,179 credit towards the luxury tax and are now $1.09M below.

Bobby Marks, ESPN
    Serge Ibaka's two recent fights have saved the Raptors an additional 140k under the luxury tax threshold. Hence, Raptors can now take back more money than before in any trade if they choose to make one and still stay under the tax. Also, If Lowry does not make the all-star team, which he most likely will not, this will help the Raptors as Lowry will not be eligible to take his bonuses which are classified in his contract.
    Quote Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    Serge Ibaka's two recent fights have saved the Raptors an additional 140k under the luxury tax threshold. Hence, Raptors can now take back more money than before in any trade if they choose to make one and still stay under the tax. Also, If Lowry does not make the all-star team, which he most likely will not, this will help the Raptors as Lowry will not be eligible to take his bonuses which are classified in his contract.
    #SergeKnew
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Saturday will be the 3rd game in four nights for the Warriors. It’s the second game of the B2B and the Warriors are 3 time zones off normal for them. Durant is a little nicked up as Curry. If your going to get em..getem while they’re tired.

Edit...The Bucks made the Warriors work hard minutes tonight and kept the starters on the floor till the end of the game..its about 10:30...An hour to the airport ....It’s a balmy -10 in tropical Milwaukee so the charter likely gets de-iced..another 30 to 40 fun filled minutes...an hour and a half from wheels up to YYZ....30 minutes in customs...45 minutes to the hotel.... so the warriors are in at 3AM if all goes well....

Raps W as they knock off Warriors at home.
    And all importantly, the Warriors won. So they may also be a little bit fat and sassy having already won the split of the back to back.

I’d like it better if Lowry was healthy, but we have a shot here.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bench mob will run them off the floor

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Serge uses both arms to simultaneously punch Draymond Green and Kevin Durant in the face. Two of my most despised players in the NBA.

7. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Klay, Draymond, and KD all over 35 minutes played last night.

Raptors Republic Starter Majesiu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Klay, Draymond, and KD all over 35 minutes played last night.
    I hoped for OT, after great 3rd quarter (MIL lead by 2) but Bucks just:

in the 4th.

They average almost 35 a night so they might be more fatigued because of 3 games in 4 nights and two time-zone changes in last 4 days.

Curry looked alright last night in pre-game I wonder if he would play tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Game Day = HYPED. If we win this one, people might actually take us seriously. If we keep it close, it'll do the same. It's all about containing them on offense while making sure we can match their offensive output. IMO, don't shy away from going to JV or if we need to go small, Siakam. Only bring out Bebe if we are in foul trouble, Casey..... and use Demar like you did last game: as a facilitator. He'll get his, but if he's willing to pass too, this team becomes way more scary.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I hope Serge uses both arms to simultaneously punch Draymond Green and Kevin Durant in the face. Two of my most despised players in the NBA.
    Other than taking the easy way out to sign with a super team, what's wrong with Durant? I hoped somehow somehow somehow he was going to land here lol We would easily be on par or better than the Cavs with him in Toronto

Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Lol Cavs lost again
    Fun game. No fun rooting for the cavs but I kind of wanted to see them do well by getting out to a big lead (which they did) to show a bit more credence to how badly we beat them. And...a bonus! They lost.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly wouldn't mind Serge dropping the gloves center ice with Draymond in this one. 5 minutes in the box and get the crowd pumped and into the game.

Wait, wrong sport.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Honestly wouldn't mind Serge dropping the gloves center ice with Draymond in this one. 5 minutes in the box and get the crowd pumped and into the game.

Wait, wrong sport.
    But it would make bball an even better sport
    OK maybe if they allowed just a bit more contact....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Game day
    Game Day!
    Having a couple over for dinner tonight but he's a Raptors fan

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Wait, wrong sport.
    Green would get destroyed. He doesn't know how to fight, only how to take cheap shots at guys' nuts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors has to control the passing game of the Warriors especially Draymond without Curry.

They have to pressure him even before he can set up the guys...

Though if Steph will play, then maybe thatís near impossible.

Hard to contain a team with passing mentality and if they are making their threes.
    DeMar DeRozan is taking the hardest shots in the league (min 100 attempts). According to Second Spectrum, DeRozan's shots have an average quantified Shot Quality of 42.9%. This means, that given the type of shot, defensive pressure, location, an average player would have had an eFG% of 42.9% on the shots that DeRozan has taken. His actual eFG% is 48%. Dirk (qSQ = 44.7%) and Carmelo (qSQ = 45.3%) are just behind him.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Flying in last night from Milwaukee, especially with the way the weather has been can't be good. I could see a lot of heavy legs for the Warriors. If Curry plays though he'll be fresh and he could kill on his own.

Would have preferred to face the Warriors fully rested and fully healthy just like the Raptors. I think it would be far closer than most would think. Raptors actually play Warriors well. And we should have beaten them last time.

Vegas has the Warriors at a 3.5 favourite. If I was a betting man, I would take the Raptors on this one.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Cavs game was great for this team, I'd really like to see them beat GS for their own sake. When they got to round 2 last spring, they looked like a team that really didn't believe they could beat Lebron. Some marquee wins this season could really help the confidence in the postseason. Have to really believe in themselves as legit.

Raptors Republic Superstar Zainab's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You gotta believe in the power of loveeeeee

- waaaduppp Sailor Moon reference

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Other than taking the easy way out to sign with a super team, what's wrong with Durant? I hoped somehow somehow somehow he was going to land here lol We would easily be on par or better than the Cavs with him in Toronto
    Making fake twitter accounts to praise himself and shit on his ex-teammates and coach was the biggest one. But the guy is just so oversensitive and petulant. Look at the soles of his shoes:

I used to really like him but he's become cartoonish in his need for approval and praise.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information