• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significant decline?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      It's been two Philly guys, so maybe it's a Philly thing."
      Not sure how your reading it.. but I am reading it this way...

Its (presumably the beef between Lowry and Simmons) been (sic) (maybe he means between damn autocorrect) two Philly guys.. implying that he to is a hard ass guy from the streets of Philadelphia....

This is sorta like Drake saying he is a hard ass because he grew up on the mean gang infested streets of Forest Hill...

or not... don't know simmons and how he plays....but he didn't need to bump into Lowry with the game over with... thats usually the do you want to go signal....

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Significant decline?

A guy just looking at ppg instead of the system they are playing in now.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Sure gets quiet after a loss ....
          I'm surprised nobody's more upset about Simmons hip check to Lowry. It pissed me off. The broadcast team just went with "he's sticking up for Poeltl. That's what happened!". Ironically, it was Poeltl sticking up for Lowry as Lowry and Simmons were chirping back and forth all through the free throws.

Comment

• 1 pm game. It's like it never happened

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              1 pm game. It's like it never happened
              felt like a preseason game
              OG is our king

Comment

• Cavs by 7 over GSW at the half. Hate the Cavs but I actually want to see Golden State look a bit more vulnerable lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Sure gets quiet after a loss ....
                  consmap wrote: View Post
                  Lol it's usually the opposite
                  Some people say no one posts when we lose, others say look at these people they only post when we lose...

I think it's just a simple function of:

a) Are people around to watch the game? Middle of a workday like today, no. Early week nights, probably not. The league has barely scheduled any Tuesday games for this reason.

b) Who are we playing? There are so many garbage teams. That's why when we're beating them, fewer people are watching, or there isn't much to say. The Cavs thread had 40+ pages.

Anyways thanks for doing the thread consmap.

Comment

• What did everyone think of intentionally fouling Simmons with 1:44 to go? Seemed like an unnecessary gamble to me.

Though the play Casey drew up for Lowry's three was really nice.

Comment

• What did everyone think of intentionally fouling Simmons with 1:44 to go? Seemed like an unnecessary gamble to me.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        What did everyone think of intentionally fouling Simmons with 1:44 to go? Seemed like an unnecessary gamble to me.

Yeah their offense was really drying up, I would've let Philly try and score. Weird move but whatever

Comment

• I had to PVR and just watched it. The decision to foul Simmons was kind of shocking to me. They were getting lots of stops and had a good chance to give up 0 points instead of a great likelihood of at least one. It did seem a momentum killer to me. Frustrating game to watch. I'd kind of expected either a great game or a terrible one...nothing in between. Though the score was close I thought the Raptors played badly. Miles is looking about as smooth as Norm from 3. I can't remember anything Ibaka has done in the past two games. JV got buried on the bench despite scoring well. When Embiid was scoring on him it was before the Raptors were making any attempt to harass him with double teams.

I can see Philly becoming as hated as Boston. Nothing likeable about Embiid or Simmons or Saric to me. Sneering arrogance with no track record to justify it.

Comment

• Not that the standings matter much at this stage, but all Eastern seeds 2 through 5 lost today (current 1-seed, who shall remain nameless, did not play).

Comment

• Comment

• The most pathetic part of that game was when the refs suddenly stopped the play late in the 4th to review if Lowry was out of bounds or not because the Sixers bench erupted like Lowry stepped on the line.

You can't do that. You just can't stop the play and review if he was out of bounds or not because of the bench's reaction. I've never seen anything like that before.

These NBA refs are brutal. They really are.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X