Houston Chronicle: Rockets Will Make Play for Chris Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Forgot the Rockets were capped. Good point. What I'm saying does apply elsewhere though in places like Miami, NYC, New Jersey, etc.

Oh and I forgot one more thing. Welcome to the board!
    Thanks!

I think the reason this Houston scenario, and LA Bynum deal are generating a lot of interest here is because they are both scenarios where the Raptors have more leverage AND the teams involved actually have desirable assets which they will have to consider parting with.

If the Raps have to S&T Bosh, I feel much better about getting 60 cents on the dollar from these capped teams than from a team that can sign Bosh outright. And lets be realistic... the teams that are capped out are also likely to be the most competitive... thus more appealing.

I have to say, Houston is no dark horse.

Comment

Bynum? Why do people keep insisting in getting this guy for Bosh? that guy is injured half the time. He is WALKING HOSPITAL.

I hope Bosh does chooses to go to Houston, although that s close to his home and he has said he prefers not to have his family around;

But...Houston has definitely the best pieces available to include in a S&T for Bosh.
      Although BC will not get probably exactly what he wants, he will have a good chance to work out a good deal with Houston.

The point is obviously Bosh wants the MAX deal, and Houston has to be work something out to make Bosh happy.
      Trade:
      Bosh for Scola and Battier or Jeffries and 1st Rounder;
      and that would be a very good deal for Toronto.

Reasoning: Scola is really good he will demand ..I think around 9 millions/season;
      Does Houston really want to have a 9-million dollars back-up PF??
      As far as Battier, his best years are behind him, and they have Ariza and

Comment

While I believe Houston has the best assets (including high picks to offer) I wouldnt be surprised if the Mavs get in on the bidding. I saw a piece about a Wade s&t if Miami cannot improve to his liking. Could Bosh also go there? Does Dallas have enough assets for both f/a in a s&t. I can see the Wade thing happening and then Bosh's options get more limited and Houston can start looking like a good matchup.

Comment

I'd want to see Haywood and Butler heading north if Bosh is involved...

Comment

Did you watch Butler on the Mav's? He has turned into a chucker of the highest order. Haywood is nice. I think Cuban would give up Beaubois in order to get Bosh, but I don't see how a Dirk/Bosh works any better than Gasol/Bosh or even dare I say it Bosh/Bargs.

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
              Bynum? Why do people keep insisting in getting this guy for Bosh? that guy is injured half the time. He is WALKING HOSPITAL.
              I think the point is that the Raptors would be getting something back, and Bynum, for all his problems, is a potential 20-10 player who would be, at the very least, an asset that could be used later.

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
              Trade:
              Bosh for Scola and Battier or Jeffries and 1st Rounder;
              and that would be a very good deal for Toronto.

Reasoning: Scola is really good he will demand ..I think around 9 millions/season;
              Does Houston really want to have a 9-million dollars back-up PF??
              As far as Battier, his best years are behind him, and they have Ariza and
              I love Battier, but why would you want a declining asset in a trade? I mean, unless it's to turn around and trade him for a young player, there's no point in getting both Battier and Scola. The Raptors are certainly not going to contend in the near future, if Bosh goes, so I wouldn't want anyone over 30 back. There's simply no point.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                I love Battier, but why would you want a declining asset in a trade? I mean, unless it's to turn around and trade him for a young player, there's no point in getting both Battier and Scola. The Raptors are certainly not going to contend in the near future, if Bosh goes, so I wouldn't want anyone over 30 back. There's simply no point.
                I hate figurehead signings, but I'll take Battier on this team any day. Guys like DeRozan and Weems can learn a lot from him, the guy is a true professional, has great work-ethic, is a very good defender and is very well-respected around the league. He can bring an aura of seriousness to the team so we don't see Sonny Weems singing away after being knocked out of the playoffs. BC already mentioned how the team missed AP, so I think he's going to specifically ask for Battier who is one of the best glue-guys in the league.

I hope I'm not overhyping Battier, but the guy can actually make a difference in the lockerroom.

As for Scola, he's a UFA so there's no trade possibilities there.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                  The most I am hoping back in a sign and trade for Bosh is a piece like Jordan Hill. A young player with the potential to become a very good starter. The fact that Hill has been bounced from New York for an expiring contract and now is obviously not in the future plans of Houston, does worry me a little. I wasn't all that big on him before he was drafted, but I think he's got the potential to be a good rotation player.
                  Chris Wilcox with defensive potential ... which if he fulfills that defensive potential is a damn fine player.

Not a star, at least not a go-to guy, but an excellent role player.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                  X