Josh Howard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Howard

"Josh Howard (Team Option - owed $11.8 million in 10/11) – It doesn't seem all that long ago that Howard appeared as if he was on the verge becoming a star. In 2007-2008, he averaged 20 points and 7 boards, and was regarded as a solid defender. However, some off the court issues finally caught up with him and he wore out his welcome in Dallas, which shipped him to D.C. at the deadline last February. And, just four games into his stint with the Wizards, Howard tore his left ACL. Thus, it is very unlikely the Wizards will pick up his option, allowing Howard to hit the open market. Any team making him an offer will certainly be rolling the dice on a number of different fronts, but if he can be scooped up cheaply, the move may pay dividends down the road. It is rare you can get that type of talent a potential bargain-basement price."

Should the raptors take a gamble on him? He has proved to be a good contributor and what stands out is that he can rebound at the SF position. As suggested, he could be had for a cheap price. What price range would entice the raptors to get him, if any? It is my understanding that we could use another player at the SF position.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0n0OIIo7d

They could try and use the MLE to sign him if they can't find someone better and can get rid of Turk for someone other than a small forward.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Josh Howard has become overly focused on his scoring and his defense (solid but no longer very good-to-excellent) + rebounding (down to a rebound every seven minutes instead of every five minutes which is a massive decline and is now a poor rebounding SF) has dropped off as a result. He is an isolation based scored who stops the offense in order to create shot attempts (doesn't play well with others, not in the flow of offense type of guy) for himself and scores them at a mediocre clip (TS% of 53% for his career).

My point -- Howard's game has declined considerably from the All-Star status he held a few years ago. Not a star talent anymore ... still useful (mainly because his defense is still slightly above average) ... but not a star.

I think the Raptors should be concentrating on fixing the core of their roster rather than adding high priced role players, so I wouldn't like the Raptors to sign Howard.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
        Josh Howard has become overly focused on his scoring and his defense (solid but no longer very good-to-excellent) + rebounding (down to a rebound every seven minutes instead of every five minutes which is a massive decline and is now a poor rebounding SF) has dropped off as a result. He is an isolation based scored who stops the offense in order to create shot attempts (doesn't play well with others, not in the flow of offense type of guy) for himself and scores them at a mediocre clip (TS% of 53% for his career).

My point -- Howard's game has declined considerably from the All-Star status he held a few years ago. Not a star talent anymore ... still useful (mainly because his defense is still slightly above average) ... but not a star.

I think the Raptors should be concentrating on fixing the core of their roster rather than adding high priced role players, so I wouldn't like the Raptors to sign Howard.
        No doubt he's declined considerably, but so have his minutes. His best year was in 2007-08, where he averaged about 20 ppg, and 7 rpg while playing just above 36 mpg. In his last season with dallas, his stats dropped significantly (12.5 ppg and 3.6 mpg), but so did his minutes to a little under 27 mpg.

If given the minutes, he could be a decent player. And at the moment, he might be able to be picked up at a cheap price. And our core is most likely going to change (with bosh or calderon or both most likely gone), so howard could be part of the core. Besides, although fixing the core should be a priority, that doesn't mean you don't do deals to get other pieces. Remember, Wright is a FA and you'll have to explore options at the SF position.

Comment

"However, some off the court issues finally caught up with him and he wore out his welcome in Dallas, which shipped him to D.C. at the deadline last February."

Do they allow clauses to negate an nba contract in case of weed & alcohol issues? Thought not.

No thanks...we have enough party boys on the team. We need someone to knock some heads.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            "However, some off the court issues finally caught up with him and he wore out his welcome in Dallas, which shipped him to D.C. at the deadline last February."

Do they allow clauses to negate an nba contract in case of weed & alcohol issues? Thought not.

No thanks...we have enough party boys on the team. We need someone to knock some heads.
            Yep, drug addicts, gun lovers and egomaniacs are not needed here...

Comment

For the MLE? Maybe. In a S&T above that number? Bad idea.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
                Yep, drug addicts, gun lovers and egomaniacs are not needed here...
                I love the young gunz

How about you?
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  For the MLE? Maybe. In a S&T above that number? Bad idea.
                  +1

Comment

Working...
                  X