Insider Gossip: Colangelo Likely to Let Bosh Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripp wrote: View Post
    I love CB, he is my favorite player in the league, but that post scared the hell out of me. As did the rapid deletion and following coverup by the RealGM Raptors staff.
    I love CB too. Hi Ripp, thanks for mentioning this place in that thread, I came here to check it out.

One thing I want to make clear, because this is important: It was the Raptors who told CB right after the Memphis game that they wouldn't be offering him a max contract. CB was on the fence on whether to stay or go, but after that conversation they both agreed to get max value for him somewhere else.

It was just made clear to him that he wouldn't get max money here. And the threads related to this topic are being deleted off of RealGM because some Admins there on the Raps board have connections with Raptors staff and don't want to do anything to hurt the org. No one in private conversations has called what I said untrue though.

Comment

Acer wrote: View Post
      I love CB too. Hi Ripp, thanks for mentioning this place in that thread, I came here to check it out.

One thing I want to make clear, because this is important: It was the Raptors who told CB right after the Memphis game that they wouldn't be offering him a max contract. CB was on the fence on whether to stay or go, but after that conversation they both agreed to get max value for him somewhere else.

It was just made clear to him that he wouldn't get max money here. And the threads related to this topic are being deleted off of RealGM because some Admins there on the Raps board have connections with Raptors staff and don't want to do anything to hurt the org. No one in private conversations has called what I said untrue though.
      Appreciated the scoop last night Acer. It would appear as though I caught it just in the nick of time.

Welcome to our humble abode. We're no RealGM, but we're a close 6th, 7th or 8th.

Comment

Acer: Can you shed some more insight into this source? Is it some sort of medical guy? I still have no clue how they plan on passing medical examinations on July 1st.
        Also, the "adding muscle" part didn't make any sense. If you have knee issues, the wisest thing to do is to reduce your body mass, not increase it. What sort of issue is it with CB? Ligament? ACL/MCL? The weak bones stuff you said sorta doesn't make sense...can you elaborate?

Comment

Also, why would they share this information publicly, e.g., to you? This seems a tremendously poor idea, no?

Comment

I still do not understand then why Bryan did not trade him before the deadline, or even the 2007, 2008, or 2009 offseasons. You'd think the logical thing to do is to get what you can, asap, rather than waiting until the summer, when Colangelo will basically get nothing.

Comment

Back to the Twitter acct, it seems he also took off his Bio on Twitter which before stated Toronto Raptors captain, all-star, etc....
              I think the writings all over the wall at this point, its just a matter of who we can get back.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                Back to the Twitter acct, it seems he also took off his Bio on Twitter which before stated Toronto Raptors captain, all-star, etc....
                I think the writings all over the wall at this point, its just a matter of who we can get back.
                Or he and his side kick Hadi are intentionally doing this in order to toy with Raptors fans emotions. I wouldn't put it past Hadi to do such a thing.

Comment

- adding muscle to his thighs, calfs, lower body so he relies less on his joints for his explosiveness + reduce wear and tear.

- I'm not a medical guy, but it's years of pent up pressure on his knees from having to support such a tall frame with next to no lower body muscle strength. That is why the Sheriff comparison is spot on - the parallels are actually eerie.

- The man has had no surgeries on his knees yet wears one of the biggest knee braces on the league; has had a variety of myserious lower body injuries during his career culminating in that ridiculous lie about the Memphis game that single-handedly fucked the Raptors season for a variety of reasons:

Guy goes down, team thinks he'll be back in a game or two because an ankle sprain isn't bad...yet he's gone for weeks, team is mentally unprepared for him gone that long (they played well at first), guys start taking dumb shots, friction develops. BC tells Chris he ain't coming back next year, Chris mentally checks out, season is fubar.

- It is someone who would have access to CB on a fairly regular basis. That place (MLSE) is a gossip mill; the only other rumour this person told me had to do with an issue that he wouldn't be directly working on (communications) which is why Chuck Swirsky got fired; I can't see how he or she would know about that since he or she doesn't do comm work for MLSE, but he or she does directly deal with CB on a day-to-day basis for medicalish issues.

MLSE flat out told Chris that he has two years of explosiveness left in his lower joints at his current pace and three if he gets managed properly with minutes and stuff. They tried to convince him to take another 3 year deal but he declined quickly because he is insisting on getting max money. I think the plan is for him to do no workouts of any kind until the physicals in July so his knee will look better than it is.

Come September or October Chris will look fine; but one seemingly innnocent looking play could ruin both his knees (both vulnerable) and for sure he'll grind down as per usual come March. Our franchise can't pay max money for 5 months of work.

Comment

Is he just not capable of adding enough muscle mass? Fricking terrible, man. Surely with a hard offseason of weights, squatting and deadlifts, he could get to where he needs to be. God damn, life sucks.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
                      Is he just not capable of adding enough muscle mass? .
                      That is an option; but with knees you really can't undue wear and tear. Adding muscle mass will mean the wear and tear will decelerate. Everyone that they had turned the corner with Chris knees until that Memphis game drove home how fragile it was.

Comment

Your story makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Bosh "medical mess" rumour sweeping the interweb?

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...4568#post14568

Blogger's note: "Sweeping?" No, no thoughts.

Soemone asked Smith about it.

Comment

Smith wouldn't dare acknowledge or leak anything to the public. I have a feeling no one will address it. At least no one affiliated in any capacity to the MLSE.

Comment

This whole knee issue makes some sense to me. When Acer was describing those issues I knew exactly what he was talking about.

I've been dealing with knee/ankle issues since I was 17yrs old, so I know about the loss of explosiveness, deteriorating with time (throughout the season), not taking much to re aggravate the injury, and so on....

Comment

I don't think an Internet rumor is going to impact Chris' FA. As long as he passes the physical someone is going to sign the guy for max money.

d.C wrote: View Post
                                This whole knee issue makes some sense to me. When Acer was describing those issues I knew exactly what he was talking about.

I've been dealing with knee/ankle issues since I was 17yrs old, so I know about the loss of explosiveness, deteriorating with time (throughout the season), not taking much to re aggravate the injury, and so on....
                                Was Bosh's play upon return do to something more serious than we were told(knee)? That's a good question to ask right about now but I think the answer to that would be another question. Would Bosh jeopardize his FA by putting a damaged knee at further risk?
                                Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 5, 2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X