Nick Rogers Dies in Car Wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Rogers Dies in Car Wreck

ATLANTA (AP) -- Former NFL player and Georgia Tech star Nick Rogers has died in a one-car accident. He was 30.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner's office says Rogers was killed about 1:30 a.m. Monday when his car hit a utility pole in College Park, near Atlanta.

Rogers, a 250-pound linebacker, spent four years in the NFL with Minnesota, Green Bay, Indianapolis and Miami.

He started 16 games in each of two years with the Vikings in 2002-03. The next season he was with the Packers for 10 games, the Colts for one. His last NFL season was 2005 -- three games with the Dolphins. He most recently played for Colorado of the Arena Football League in 2008.

Rogers had 16 1/2 sacks as a defensive end at Georgia Tech and was drafted in the sixth round in 2002
    Fanhouse.com

Sad story... I wonder if he fell asleep at the wheel?

16 1/2 sacks, good program and drafted in the 6th?? I wonder why that late? I have seen much less get drafted in the first round.

Comment

What is up with Football players now a days, its always bad news.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        16 1/2 sacks, good program and drafted in the 6th?? I wonder why that late? I have seen much less get drafted in the first round.
        Georgia Tech wasn't that great a program back then, and the 16 1/2 sacks spans his college career.

Comment

Working...
        X