Belinelli: "I won't return to Europe"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belinelli: "I won't return to Europe"

I really do hope he works out of us in the long run. Showed glimpses of success last season. Only wish he could do it on a consistent basis.

Raptors guard Marco Belinelli in an interview released at Il Corriere di Bologna, denied he will return to Europe after three seasons in NBA.

Belinelli in the last season with the Canadian franchise has played 66 games averaging 7.1ppg in 17 minutes on the court, less minutes and points respect the previous year with Golden State (8.9ppg in 21 minutes).

"It was a good year for me. Unfortunately we did not reach playoffs which was my aim when I changed team last summer.

I got injured in the crucial part of the season and after All-Star Game coach Triano made different choices which sidelined me but I have been always positive. I have talked with the coach at the end of the season and assured me he will count on me for the next year. I have never thought to return to Europe. I will play in NBA next season, here I am improving year after year. I really don't miss Europe. The level of the game in Italy is worsening every year more and I am still intrigued by NBA" said Belinelli who also talked about his first year in Canada. "I have a good relationship with my teammates especially with Bargnani, Calderon, Nesterovic and Turkoglu who invited me in Turkey to watch FIBA World Championship" added Belinelli who confirmed he will be playing with Italy in the summer.
    Source - Click here

Thats good to know that he got along with the other Euros.

There is obviously a euro 'clique' on this team, and that can't help anything.

Comment

Not wanting to return to Europe.

I can't say that I blame him. For now its only in Greece but Italy is not that far away. It is going to get a lot worse in Europe. This is only the beginning.

Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu May 6, 2010, 10:42 AM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

What people are fighting against is Europe becoming more like the US and Canada. Meaning more poverty and class stratification. Meaning that by "worse" what you mean is the level the US and Canada are already at (especially the US).

That people are standing up to it and resisting is actually great to see.

Being a rich NBA player this is not terribly meaningful to Marco though. Just like the ghettos and crime rates in the US are not much of an issue to the players who play there.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Not wanting to return to Europe.

I can't say that I blame him. For now its only in Greece but Italy is not that far away. It is going to get a lot worse in Europe. This is only the beginning.
          He best stay out of the U.S. as well if that's the case because they're also on the verge of revolution. There are only a few chips left to be played before their dollar crashes.

Quirk wrote: View Post
          Being a rich NBA player this is not terribly meaningful to Marco though. Just like the ghettos and crime rates in the US are not much of an issue to the players who play there.
          Hyper inflation would mean a lot more to a guy with $10M in the bank than average Joe with $10K in the bank.
          Last edited by Apollo; Thu May 6, 2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

@Buddahfan

"Not wanting to return to Europe......"

I believe Marco was referring to the state of the game...rather than the state of the state.

Or were you being sarcastic :-)

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
              Thats good to know that he got along with the other Euros.

There is obviously a euro 'clique' on this team, and that can't help anything.
              True, but there just maybe another side as well. What if the N. American set froze out a euro? Who would that euro gravitate to? Just saying. Culturally, there is a difference. It should not be a big surprise....these are still fairly young guys who just play basketball really really well....and probably nothing else.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                @Buddahfan

"Not wanting to return to Europe......"

I believe Marco was referring to the state of the game...rather than the state of the state.

Or were you being sarcastic :-)
                No further comment on it here. If you would like to discuss further you can send me a private email. Thanks
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

well if he wants to stay here he better start to learn how to shoot properly. Those off balanced shots you impress your team mates in practice, don't often work in a real NBA game which is why they seldom used. Maybe that's the reason he was shipped here in exchange for a box of crayons, because he still thinks that what worked for him in euro league would work here too.

I swear if he comes back to the Raptors next season without fixing his shot mechanics, they should send his ass back to europe.

You got a big summer marco. make the most of it.
                  Last edited by Hotshot; Thu May 6, 2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    well if he wants to stay here he better start to learn how to shoot properly. Those off balanced shots you impress your team mates in practice, don't often work in a real NBA game which is why they seldom used. Maybe that's the reason he was shipped here in exchange for a box of crayons, because he still thinks that what worked for him in euro league would work here too.

I swear if he comes back to the Raptors next season without fixing his shot mechanics, they should send his ass back to europe.

You got a big summer marco. make the most of it.

+1

Comment

Hi Apollo, it seems to me deflation is a bigger risk in Europe in than hyperinflation, since a lack of liquidity, not over leveraging, is the issue.

http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/USD/graph120.html
                      Last edited by Quirk; Mon May 10, 2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X