Not Sports Related But I Think That The Meltdown Has Commenced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Bold: Really? Thats funny man. Unless the company goes in the tank severely/bankrupt the top guys actually get raises. It's a joke and they then trim their personnel and salaries to mitigate losses. Just check what happened in/after the financial crisis of 2008. They also have golden parachutes to make it very very expensive to be fired.

I think you are out of touch with how the operating executive manages their boards these days as well as create stock classifications that they have in their hip pocket (control themselves or in cahoots with large bloc ownership) to ride it out.

And there is no one person one vote comparative in the corporate world. Not even an illusion because of large institutional holdings who do not necessarily have a social conscience. Govts. cannot deny their social responsibilities.

The "corporations are people too" canard which Mitt Romney tried to foist on his electorate was laughed out of the building/country. No one believes that bs in today's corporate America least of all Canada. Small time shareholder punks like you and me with their thousand shares in our piggy bank have no say in how a Canada Trust, GM or GE or Apple etc. is run.
    Welcome to crony capitalism.

Privatize the earnings and socialize the losses.

Right wing, left wing, democrat, republican, conservative, liberal.....*insert jerk off motion*

All irrelevant and just playing the political theatre. Distract the masses from the real issues with nonsense while they line their, and their families, pockets.

Until stuff like this changes and until the media (whether it be Fox, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, CBC, CTV, Bloomberg, NYTimes, BBC) starts reporting unbiased facts versus propaganda, we are all screwed:

$21M in less than 3 years from the largest corporations. Anyone think they are giving her hundreds of thousands to just come and say hello?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Welcome to crony capitalism.

Privatize the earnings and socialize the losses.

Right wing, left wing, democrat, republican, conservative, liberal.....*insert jerk off motion*

All irrelevant and just playing the political theatre. Distract the masses from the real issues with nonsense while they line their, and their families, pockets.

Until stuff like this changes and until the media (whether it be Fox, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, CBC, CTV, Bloomberg, NYTimes, BBC) starts reporting unbiased facts versus propaganda, we are all screwed:

$21M in less than 3 years from the largest corporations. Anyone think they are giving her hundreds of thousands to just come and say hello?
      Hey there! Its been a while but I actually agree with much of your post. The system needs a severe shakeup. I suspect though that maybe where our agreement ends

There is too much money in politics and most of the pols at all levels are bought. I have a wry chuckle come on when the sanctimonious, point to/and make illegal the system of "bakhshish" as practised in the M/E eg.

If you are following the food fight to the south there is a significant movement to a "throw the bums out" ethos on both sides of the political divide.

Comment

Bank of Japan has just introduced negative interest rates.. didn't see that one coming tbh. Well, at least they're stepping up it's efforts to "reboot" struggling economy.

Comment

that doesn't seem right. lol

Comment

Working...
          X