Not Sports Related But I Think That The Meltdown Has Commenced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Royal Bank Of Scotland sent an interesting message to investors...

'danger is lurking out there for every investor'....

'the downside is crystallising. Watch out. Sell (mostly) everything.'....

'In a crowded hall, exit doors are small. Risks are high.'....

'this looks very much like 2008'

FYI, RBS was bailed out in 2008 by UK government. ( £45bn bailout )

Not buying it.

We are certainly in for a rocky few months in the stock markets but there will be a great buying opportunity on the horizon.

The thing to remember is the next crisis is in government.

Everyone thinks when times get rough, head to bonds. That works until it doesn't - and it is about to not.

Countries have been financing an ever expanding debt by rolling it over. Mathematically that has to end at some point.

Once people start to realize the incompetence exhibited by governments, especially western governments, around the world, the game is going to be up and confidence is going to be lost. We are already seeing a push to eliminate physical cash all in the name of terrorism of course. We are also seeing western governments starting to share financial information to get their hands on every penny possible. Legislation such as FACTA is contributing to a total slow down in all commerce because the administration alone is cost prohibitive. Then you also have negative interest rates on the horizon that will cause people to take their money out of banks and get it off the grid in to assets (whether art or exotic cars for the wealthy or metals or stocks/shares). It is only the lunacy of government that thinks people are going to keep money in a bank losing money (which is why they want to eliminate physical cash....which is why people who see this are buying things).

At that point you're going to see capital flow in to private assets - i.e. the stock markets.

The talking heads are going to be spinning and unable to understand what is happening.

You're going to see the USD soar as it has been (in spite of all the debt the US has because there is so much external US debt denominated in US dollars) and capital flow to the US. I put all my investments in US Dollars 2-3 years ago and have made nearly 40% on the exchange alone.

So yes - short term - equities are in trouble - but longer term stay away from bonds and all things government.

Sovereign debt is the next crisis.

Comment

While oil prices flashing across traders’ terminals are at the lowest in a decade, in real terms the collapse is even deeper.
      West Texas Intermediate futures, the U.S. benchmark, sank below $30 a barrel on Tuesday for the first time since 2003. Actual barrels of Saudi Arabian crude shipped to Asia are even cheaper, at $26 -- the lowest since early 2002 once inflation is factored in and near levels seen before the turn of the millennium.
      http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-china-fizzles

Bad news for Canada, bad news for everyone. Canada has become far too oil dependent. I think with the low dollar you will see manufacturing on the uptick though. Good for Ontario but not good for most of the rest of the country.

There is a fortune to be made if you can accurately pick the oil slump low point. Stock just keep falling.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-china-fizzles

Bad news for Canada, bad news for everyone. Canada has become far too oil dependent. I think with the low dollar you will see manufacturing on the uptick though. Good for Ontario but not good for most of the rest of the country.

There is a fortune to be made if you can accurately pick the oil slump low point. Stock just keep falling.
        The big negative for Canadian consumers is the dollar is in the toilet as well as a result of commodity/resources tanking. Makes all imported stuff expensive. Buy Canadian

Comment

World trade has crashed to a record low tonight. Well, well, well....

Panic is spreading.
          Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jan 16, 2016, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Nothing to worry about. It is no problem at all that US federal debt is greater than the entire global GDP. No one pay attention to the over $100Trillion in unfunded US liability.

Debt is no problem! It's all good. Just spend baby spend. And when you run out print more! And if that doesn't work throw in some infrastructure stimulus. It always works. Always.

Keep on taking on debt it's all good! Can't afford to go to university? Don't worry about it, you'll never have to pay pack the debt because you'll go bankrupt before you find a job anyway. Doesn't matter. Just, whatever you do, spend baby spend!

And for those that can spend more than others, tax them. Get their damn money! Tax and spend baby! Woooooo lets do this thing!!!!!!
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

World trade has crashed to a record low tonight. Well, well, well....

Panic is spreading.
              Government doubling down on status quo is spreading.

People are only going to invest when they are confident they will make money.

The global hunt for taxes has made the administration of commerce prohibitive....not to mention the taxes themselves.

This is why we are seeing a push to negative interest rates and elimination of physical currency.

Those two things will only make things much much worse.

This is what happens when lawyers are running government.

The thinking that a law will solve all problems but they never consider the consequences.

Look at the US and guns - they already have over 50,000 gun laws. Idiots.

Comment

China posted it's worst economic growth figures for 25 years. Europe's markets reacting well to China's news and IMF warning.

Comment

China posted it's worst economic growth figures for 25 years. Europe's markets reacting well to China's news and IMF warning.
                  I suspect it's all priced in by now. Also, those who follow economic issues have always known for a while now that there was something not so kosher going on with "growth" in China....

....like...where have all the people gone? There are many examples of these. Talk of bubbles!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    I suspect it's all priced in by now. Also, those who follow economic issues have always known for a while now that there was something not so kosher going on with "growth" in China....

....like...where have all the people gone? There are many examples of these. Talk of bubbles!
                    Ahh, the glories of a Governement managed economy...
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Yep.

Hopefully, you are also taking into account that what has been undertaken in China is unprecedented. They are trying to gradually migrate from a classic central managed economy (communism) to a market economy rather than what occurred with the Soviet case (immediate shock). The fly in the ointment here of course is the Chinese system does not yet operate in a democratic environment. They are unique in this experiment today/ever...unless I am missing somebody.

Comment

It is only a matter of time before negative interest rates and QE hits Canada.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          It is only a matter of time before negative interest rates and QE hits Canada.
                          Hey, as long as we tax the rich, increase spending and deficits, implement a carbon tax and increase regulations on suffering industries I think we'll be ok.
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Hey, as long as we tax the rich, increase spending and deficits, implement a carbon tax and increase regulations on suffering industries I think we'll be ok.
                            " ...suffering industries"????

No sir. Rules only for those who eg. pollute, not follow the rules..or rather circumvent existing rules..and short change their workers. Greed and exploitation along with mounting inequality/disparity between compensation for company/business hierarchy and their workers eventually brings about changes you fear so much.

It's the pendulum. Just like the stock market...corrections occur.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              " ...suffering industries"????

No sir. Rules only for those who eg. pollute, not follow the rules..or rather circumvent existing rules..and short change their workers. Greed and exploitation along with mounting inequality/disparity between compensation for company/business hierarchy and their workers eventually brings about changes you fear so much.

It's the pendulum. Just like the stock market...corrections occur.
                              Lol. Wow, you truly are a hardcore leftist. My goodness.
                              Because its 2015

Comment

UK shares just went into a bear market.

Fyi, "a market in which share prices are falling, encouraging selling."

Comment

Working...
                                X