Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final: Orlando Magic 104 - Toronto Raptors 96

Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors

10-3, 1st Southeast, (Road: 4-2) -- 6-7, 2nd Atlantic, (Home: 4-1)

WHEN: Sun., Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:30 pm ET
    WHERE: Air Canada Centre
    TV/Radio: CBC, CBC HD, FAN590 Radio

TORONTO RAPTORS
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Calderon, DeRozan, Turkoglu, Bosh, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R): Belinelli, Weems, Jack, Johnson, Nestrovic, Mensah-Bonsu, O'Bryant

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Banks, Evans, Wright

ORLANDO MAGIC
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Williams, Carter, Pietrus, Lewis, Howard

Bench

(L to R): Johnson, Barnes, Redick, Gortat, Anderson, Bass

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Nelson, Foyle

Who's Hot

TORONTO RAPTORS

Hedo: 16.7 ppg in last 3 gp / Bosh: 27.5 ppg in last 12 gp

ORLANDO MAGIC

Carter: 20.4 ppg in last 5 gp / Howard: 17.4 ppg in last 13 gp

Key Match-ups

Vince Carter vs. DeMar DeRozan

Rashard Lewis vs. Chris Bosh

Fox Sports World's Head to Head Match-ups
    (click either player photo to see numbers against one another)

PG vs. PG

SG vs. SG

SF vs. SF

PF vs. PF

C vs. C

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

Well, it was suppose to be the game where the Raptors franchise were to honor Vince, but because of concerns of the excessive booing it would appear as though it isn't happening after all.

Needless to say I'm hoping for a spirited affair, but in the end I've got a gut feeling that we'll fall short. Sure we're tough at home with a 4-1 mark home court so far, but that one loss came to the hands of an injury depleted Magic squad who for the most part now are healthy with the exception of Nelson. So, it will be close, but we're fall short at the end.

I think it will be much different than the previous game a few weeks back.

We need to avoid what happened last time: digging ourselves into a huge hole to start the game, whittling down the lead, running out of gas, then the Magic clamping down and getting the W.

The difference this time will be the crowd at the ACC, who will provide the traditional boos for VC and ramp up the intensity in the game to playoff levels.

This time, Hedo has shaken off the rust, we've gelled more as a team, and our bench has developed more chemistry and confidence (especially Jack, Johnson, and Belinelli). If Bargs can spread the defence and also continue his efforts on rebounding, I think we can win this one. Wouldn't it be great if Bargs got his THIRD-STRAIGHT double-double?

I'm hoping that this is a statement game for the Raptors! Look out Eastern Conference!

Comment

Arsenalist's Pre-Game is now up guys: Click here for RR Preview

Comment

I think we lost last time against Orlando by mistake ... This time should be different, I am expecting a bigger fight from Raptors, specially on the defensive end. To stop Carter and Lewis is the most challenging for Raptors, I wish Wright could play today. Anyway, I think the win can go either way, depends on who wants it the most

Comment

Where's the live chat?

Comment

Stream: justin.tv/major_air
            RR OG

Comment

A new star rising on Raptors sky: Amir Johnson. As of late, the kid is impressive taking the opportunity of playing time given to him and prove he is a reliable player, capable to came off bench and give high quality playing minutes. He is still developing but he shows great signs .

Comment

I can't believe Raptors got killed by JJ Redick.
                Even though Raptors lost, there was a huge difference between previous game against Orlando and today's game. Raptors still needs some more time to keep teams like Orlando on check, but seeing how much they improved since the first game, I hope the improvement will continue and by the playoff time, Raptors should have a fair chance to stand against teams like Magic, Cavaliers, Celtics.
                I think Belinelli was a big missing piece today, he could eventually keep J. Redick in control.

Comment

I don't know insight. I don't think even Marco would of made any difference today. I think the big difference in the 2nd half was that the Magic's shots were falling and ours weren't. I'm talking about open shots too. We have to hit those much like the Magic did late in the game.

Comment

Working...
                  X