Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mack North (The Drunk Irish) Wins the RR 2010 World Cup Pool!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North (The Drunk Irish) Wins the RR 2010 World Cup Pool!

Join - Click Here
    Group ID#: 2405
    P/W: south africa
    ----
    The World Cup begins on Friday, June 11, 2010, and if you're not a full-blooded Canadian, than you're excited as fuck to get it started!

The defending champions are the ITALIANS (lest they let anyone forget). But the truth is that because we're still indebted to them for sharing so much of their culture with us, the world has long agreed to let Italy win the cup once every couple of decades, and that's why we let them win in 2006. (Zidane's head-butt ensured the fix). All this means is that the 2010 World Cup is fully up for grabs!

We hope your country or country of choice wins the Cup. (But we know some of your countries will be lucky just to score a goal during Interval 1).

Good luck to all!

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

-Please adhere to our Terms regarding "Team Names". Thank you.
    -(Please adhere to our Conditions noted in the brackets if you think we're being serious and believe our BS!)

If you're background is a country entered in the tournament, you must join the pool.

If you're ITALIAN... you must include a reference to "an Italian food" in your team name.
    (You also can't pick Italy to win every game)

If you're ENGLISH, you must include a reference to the "Royal Family" in your team name.
    (You also are strictly prohibited from taunting or threatening anyone in the pool)
    (You also should be required to include a reference to Ireland in your team name)

If you're GREEK, you must include a reference to "a Greek God" in your team name.
    (You also don't have to pay to join the pool)

If you're FRENCH, you must include a reference to "France" in your team name.
    (You also are not allowed to head butt anyone after France gets knocked out)

If you're AMERICAN, you must include a reference to "Barak Obama" in your team name.
    (You also have no one but yourself to blame when the USA get knocked out)

If you're SPANISH, you must include a reference to "Spain" in your team name.
    (You also are permitted to make jokes about Portugal)

If you're PORTUGUESE, you must include a reference to "Christiano Ronaldo" in your team name.
    (You also are permitted to make jokes about Portugal)

If you're SOUTH AFRICAN, you must include a reference to "Nelson Mandela" in your team name.
    (You also have to pick every African country to win every game)

If you're JAPANESE, you have to include a reference to "the Yen" in your team name.
    (You also have to pretend to like your odds of winning)

If you're ARGENTINEAN, you have to include a reference to "Diego Maradona" in your team name.
    (You also have full permission to tease and taunt English teams in the pool)

If you're GERMAN, you have to include a reference to "German Engineering" in your team name.
    (You also are allowed to brag about your past World Cup success)

If you're BRAZILIAN, you have to include a reference to "Pele" in your team name.
    (You also have to pick Brazil to win every game by 2 goals)

If you're SOUTH KOREAN, you have to include a reference to the word "South" in your team name.
    (You also have to pick North Korea to win every game)

If you're NORTH KOREAN, you have to include a reference to the word "North" in your team name.
    (You also have to pick South Korea to win every game)

If you're DUTCH, you have to include a reference to the word "Orange" in your team name.
    (You also must use an image of a wind mill as your avatar)

If you're MEXICAN, you have to include a reference to "Mexican culture" in your team name.
    (You also are permitted to illegally enter a neighboring country during the tournament)

If you're SWISS, you have to include a reference to "Switzerland" in your team name.
    (You also are prohibited from picking any ties during Interval one)
    (You also should be required to include a reference to Swiss Chalet in your team name)

If you're AUSTRALIAN, you must include a reference to "Crocodiles" in your team name.
    (You also must remind yourself that you're actually in the tournament)

If you're a NEW ZEALANDER, you must include a reference to "Kiwis" in your team name.
    (You also must remind yourself that you're actually in the tournament)

If you're SLOVENIAN, you must include a reference to "Slovenia" in your team name.
    (You also are required to pick Slovenia to win the cup)

If you're SERBIAN, you must include a reference to "Serbia" in your team name.
    (You also are required to pick Serbia to win the cup)

If you're CHILEAN, you must include a reference to "Chile" in your team name.
    (You also get 1 bonus point if Chile advances further than Brazil and Argentina)

If you're URUGUAYANS, you must include a reference to "Uruguay" in your team name.
    (You also get 1 bonus point if Uruguay advances further than Brazil and Argentina)

If you're PARAGUAYAN, you must include a reference to "Paraguay" in your team name.
    (You also get 1 bonus point if Paraguay advances further than Brazil and Argentina)

If you're NIGERIAN, you must include a reference to "Nigeria" in your team name.
    (You also must pick every African country to win every game)

If you're CAMEROONIAN, you must include a reference to "Cameroon" in your team name.

If you're a PERSON OF THE IVORY COAST, you must include a reference to "Ivory Coast" in your team name.
    (You also should be happy we didn't refer to you as an Ivory Coaster)

If you're ALGERIAN, you must include a reference to "Algeria" in your team name.

If you're DANISH, you must include a reference to "Denmark" in your team name.
    (You also earned 4 years of severe bragging rights over Sweden, Finland and Norway)

If you're HONDURAN, you must include a reference to "Honduras" in your team name.
    (You also should be happy we remembered that you're in the tournament)

If you're GHANAIAN, you must include a reference to "Ghana" in your team name.
    (You also have permission to be upset since we forgot that you're in the tournament)

*If you are not one of these people, please CHOOSE ONE OF THESE COUNTRIES and PRETEND TO BE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE. (Or else you run the risk of receiving the Commissioner's "RR Golden Boot... out of the pool" award!)

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Mon May 10, 2010, 12:09 AM.
    RR OG

Need the ID number Balls ..... you gave the ID Group name, but we need the #.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Need the ID number Balls ..... you gave the ID Group name, but we need the #.
      Sorry about the mix-up. I was drunk and horny when I created the group. (I'm French!)

The group ID is: 2405
      Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat May 8, 2010, 10:14 AM.
      RR OG

Comment

Password isn't working for me
        Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat May 8, 2010, 10:23 AM. Reason: No edit. Meant to quote.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          Password isn't working for me
          Do not capitalize the password. Try it now.
          RR OG

Comment

Book it.

Comment

I'm in homies. Dread the Red!

Comment

HAHA .... awesome ... Doc & The Das Autos are in. And according to Ballswin, I can brag about Deutschland's past success' too.

Comment

is this pool just picking winners or is it like fantasy were we pick players we think will shine and collect points

Comment

SCP0389 wrote: View Post
                    is this pool just picking winners or is it like fantasy were we pick players we think will shine and collect points
                    It's a Yahoo! fantasy points pool for picking winners and guessing final scores.

Points will be awarded for picking winners and bonus poins will be awarded for correctly guessing final scores.
                    RR OG

Comment

My picks are in although I would not be surprised if I finish last in this thing. Football isn't my strong point.

Comment

Hey, Australia gets a weak ass draw to get to the world cup now, we'll be here for ages, and we would have done better last time if not for that diving douchebag grosso (yes I am still bitter).

Comment

Spain all the way. No matter who is injured we are still gonna win
                          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Finally in.

Comment

I gotta get my picks in. Don't want to miss this like I missed our March Madness Pool.

Comment

Working...
                              X