Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nash One Eyed Performance or Rondo's Triple Double?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash One Eyed Performance or Rondo's Triple Double?

Watched both today and i think they were both equally impressive. Nash getting elbowed, 9 stiches and his eye swelled up shut, came back and hit key three pointers. Then he actually goes inside and gets and 1 right at Duncan ! thats one tough canadian eh? Rondo's number's wise was just sick and clutch also, but i think i might go with Nash's just because Rondo plays for the C**tics. BTW the Spurs where way to slow for this Suns team Duncan and Mcdyss gotta come off the bench or the Spurs have to upgrade their Front court .
    Last edited by rdiaz101; Mon May 10, 2010, 02:00 AM.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Gotta go with Stevie

Comment

NASH....
      Because.....

1) I am Canadian, bias admitted.
      2) He closed the game, and drained a pull-up 3pt shot.
      3) Rondo is 24 and has no spinal condition, and has 3 HOFs as teamates. Not to take anything away from Rondo, but he is a C**tic.
      4) I hope Nash says to his wife on National television "Yo _______! I DID IT!!!!!"
      5) Eva Longoria sneaks out of San Antonio and has a threesome with Nash and his wife that night after the game.

A message to Bosh, try to stay in a game unless they pull you out in a stretcher, or your leg gets blown out.

Comment

Nash played like a true Canadian "stich me up doc, I'm ready to go back in".

Unlike Paul Pierce with the slightest bump and he needs the whaaaaambulance.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
          NASH....
          Because.....

1) I am Canadian, bias admitted.
          2) He closed the game, and drained a pull-up 3pt shot.
          3) Rondo is 24 and has no spinal condition, and has 3 HOFs as teamates. Not to take anything away from Rondo, but he is a C**tic.
          4) I hope Nash says to his wife on National television "Yo _______! I DID IT!!!!!"
          5) Eva Longoria sneaks out of San Antonio and has a threesome with Nash and his wife that night after the game.

A message to Bosh, try to stay in a game unless they pull you out in a stretcher, or your leg gets blown out.
          So true your team is in the middle of a playoff race and Bosh just crumples and is out for the season ?? i mean did u see Nash and Manu out there ?They look like corpeses decomposing lol they are warriors.

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
            Watched both today and i think they were both equally impressive. Nash getting elbowed, 9 stiches and his eye swelled up shut, came back and hit key three pointers. Then he actually goes inside and gets and 1 right at Duncan ! thats one tough canadian eh? Rondo's number's wise was just sick and clutch also, but i think i might go with Nash's just because Rondo plays for the C**tics. BTW the Spurs where way to slow for this Suns team Duncan and Mcdyss gotta come off the bench or the Spurs have to upgrade their Front court .
            McDyess is a great guy or so I have read but as a decent NBA starter he has been past that for a few years now. He stunk up the Pistons starting rotation before they dumped him and he stunk up the Spurs starting rotation.

He can still make the 20 foot jump shot and rebound, but his foot speed is non-existent and his team defense is probably comparable to Bargnani's which means it is horrible.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I did not watch the second half of the Suns - Spurs game because it was obvious at half time that the Suns were going to win even without Nash returning. So I can't comment on his performance in the second half.

However I did watch the Celtics - Cavs game and in my opinion Rondo's performance will go down as one of the greatest ever by a Celtic's player in the playoffs. Considering the Celtics history that is something special to say the least.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Rondo. Those numbers are Liberace gaudy. The rebounds in particular – the guy is built like Sammy Davis Jr. and he's in there with the big boys.

One thing I can't stand is Rondo's Italian soccer player routine. The one where he gets hit and lies on the floor for an eternity, then rolls over and lies there some more? It offends my hockey sensibilities.

Comment

Steve Nash defines "warrior" in every aspect of the game. This is the same guy who's nose was pretty near broken in a game a season or two ago and refused to sit out. I'm proud that he's Canadian and wish the Raptors would surround themselves with players who have even half the heart and determination as Steve Nash does.

Comment

I was thinking the same hyperbole. Is Rondo the best Celtic since Larry Bird?

Paul and Deron are amazing point guards, but Rondo is predominantly involved in every single play the Celtics run. He either scores the bucket or creates off the dribble, penetrates and finds the open man. It was actual ridiculous how he kept shredding Lebron and the Cavs defense. He is the best player on the Celtics and its not even close.

Nash had a great gutsy performance, but they were up 3-0, had Dragic if they needed him and the Spurs minus the Hill 4 point play weren't really acting like they need to win.

I'm biased though because I think short of Wade and maybe Paul, Rondo is the most valuable player to his team and the one in which the offense is completey reliant on and thus funneled through.

He has the best contract in the NBA and has to be considered the best point guard in the NBA for his ability to raise his game when it matters most.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                      I was thinking the same hyperbole. Is Rondo the best Celtic since Larry Bird?

Paul and Deron are amazing point guards, but Rondo is predominantly involved in every single play the Celtics run. He either scores the bucket or creates off the dribble, penetrates and finds the open man. It was actual ridiculous how he kept shredding Lebron and the Cavs defense. He is the best player on the Celtics and its not even close.

Nash had a great gutsy performance, but they were up 3-0, had Dragic if they needed him and the Spurs minus the Hill 4 point play weren't really acting like they need to win.

I'm biased though because I think short of Wade and maybe Paul, Rondo is the most valuable player to his team and the one in which the offense is completey reliant on and thus funneled through.

He has the best contract in the NBA and has to be considered the best point guard in the NBA for his ability to raise his game when it matters most.
                      Well said BUT can he do it with one eye?

Herm Edwards

Comment

Of course being a big Nash and Suns fan I am biased, but still-what a performance last night! Dude was playing with one eye and didn't skip a beat. That pull up three, are you kidding me?! Dude is all heart and tough as nails, ya gotta love it.

Nash's cut between Parker and Duncan:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/pl...s=iref:nbahpt2

Comment

I just listened to Jared Dudley on the BS report, I change back to Nash. Ten years from now that Rondo game will just be another of his many triple doubles, but I think the Nash one eye game to sweep the spurs might end being the more memorable moment.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                            I just listened to Jared Dudley on the BS report, I change back to Nash. Ten years from now that Rondo game will just be another of his many triple doubles, but I think the Nash one eye game to sweep the spurs might end being the more memorable moment.

Yeah i mean Rondo's numbers are amazing and defenitly clutch but he will have more and i think him not doing it like maybe in game 7 or something come into account too. Nash came back after getting hurt badly and put AWAY the Spurs ! not the Thunder,Warriors or Heat the Spurs !! There's so many soft players these days and i think its great he did that especially because it should fuel the Suns even more, to see Jrich playing D and rebounding it's a big accomplishment since he used to be a mediocre player who has excelled playing along Nash more than anyone this year.
                            Last edited by rdiaz101; Tue May 11, 2010, 01:02 AM.

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                            X