Sam Smith: CB4 & Joe Johnson Sending Signals They Will Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Smith: CB4 & Joe Johnson Sending Signals They Will Leave

Take it with a grain of salt because after all its Sam Smith stating this.

That being said, Smith is pretty confident that the Bulls can acquire Johnson this summer. I think getting Bosh would be a pipe dream for the Bulls and don't see it happening unless Noah is included in some capacity. JMO

Well, at least we know one free agent who’s definitely leaving his team. Yes, everyone has long thought it would be Chris Bosh, and he’s done nothing to discourage that thinking with some bizarre social networking behavior in which he’s asked fans to recommend what he should do.

Bosh changed his location on his Twitter account location to “everywhere,” and removed a biography section that noted his status as Raptors captain. These seem fairly obvious hints, and Bosh last week was at a Lakers/Jazz game at Staples Center tweeting about holding the MVP trophy. It seems Bosh is working on his Lakers sign-and-trade. Gasol? Bynum? I assume the Raptors take either, if they have a chance.
    Now this part would be just guessing as the Bosh scenario could play out in a dozen ways. But then if you were the Bulls, you’d be in position to offer the Raptors a sign-and-trade of Hinrich, Taj Gibson, a No. 1 pick and the rights to Omer Asik for Bosh, and you figure they’d have to give that serious thought. Even if you can add Johnson and keep Hinrich, Gibson and Luol Deng, that’s a heck of head start on the future. And it doesn’t seem so improbable.
    Source - Click here

another summer day...:sigh:

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
      another summer day...:sigh:
      I wish. We had frost on the ground yesterday where I hibernate.

Comment

Hinrich, Taj Gibson, a No. 1 pick and the rights to Omer Asik... Not bad, but not great. Where's Noah? Noah has to be in the deal.

Comment

That sounds pretty awful, I almost let Bosh walk instead.

I don't think they can add Noah, he's more valuable than Bosh. Deng would probably be the middle compromise.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Hinrich, Taj Gibson, a No. 1 pick and the rights to Omer Asik... Not bad, but not great. Where's Noah? Noah has to be in the deal.
            You're deluded if you think the Raptors can get back someone like Noah. Chicago can simply sign him outright. I'd say that's a good haul for a sign and trade.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If the Raps are going to make a deal with the Bulls Noah has to be in.......... no Noah no Deal.
              "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                You're deluded if you think the Raptors can get back someone like Noah.
                Not sure by whom. Maybe the handful of (non-Toronto) writers who have suggested Noah throughout the season? Maybe you're off? That's a possibility in my books.

Comment

Atlanta Media Suggesting SnT with Toronto for JJ

♦ 2.) Sign-and-trade Joe Johnson. I thought it was at least 50-50 Johnson would re-sign with the Hawks until his comments after Game 3. He has proven himself to be in that second tier of stars, which is fine. But his lack of leadership and three years of mostly dreadful playoff performances have damaged his reputation. Even worse, Johnson seems to have checked out mentally. He still has value on the open market. There are enough teams out there who are looking for a scorer and have money to spend. A sign-and-trade could net a nice player in return: whether a shooting guard, point guard or starting caliber center

[QUOTE♦ 4.) Acquire a center (or Chris Bosh): A strong defensive center would give the Hawks the physical presence they desperately need in the post and allow them to move Al Horford to power forward and Smith to small forward. Marvin Williams can take a seat on the bench, or on a plane out of town. Bosh, who will be a free agent and also could be part of a sign-and-trade, is a tantalizing alternative. First, he would love to come back to Atlanta (where he played at Georgia Tech). He is not a true center but he is 6-10 and would bring some offense to help compensate for Johnson’s loss. A front line of Bosh, Horford and Smith certainly would rank among the league’s best.][/QUOTE]

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...f_schultz_blog
                  "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Not sure by whom. Maybe the handful of (non-Toronto) writers who have suggested Noah throughout the season? Maybe you're off? That's a possibility in my books.
                    Noah definitely would have been a possibility in a straight trade before the deadline. I mentioned it, myself. In a sign and trade, however, there's simply no reason for Chicago to throw Noah in. Noah is their second best player, and the anchor of their defense. They have other, less indispensable, pieces they can include in a sign and trade that wouldn't hurt the team. And they could just sign him outright. Besides, if you're Bosh, one of the reasons for signing in Chicago is to play beside a real defensive and rebounding center like Noah. The last thing you'd want is for him to be traded away for you.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X