No announcement yet.

Go Celtics - One More Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see a finals with either ORLANDO or CLEVELAND VS PHOENIX. as long as the C's and Lakes go down in flames i don't care who wins! though I am rooting for PHX!!!
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Why do you care? If the fact that it could affect the playoff hopes of two teams had no bearing on your mind then why care? Do you hate him for sitting out the Pacers, Magic, and Celtics games as well? Do you understand why they would sit him for the last four meaningless games of the season?

It was the principle of the thing. In reality Lebron did in fact decide which team was going to get the 8th seed. At the time he sat vs the Raptors the Raptors still had a shot at making the playoffs. That was the reality of it at that moment. Sitting vs the other teams had no bearing on which team was going to make the playoffs.

So yes it should never have come down to that for the Raptors but my friend it did. That was the reality and Lebron made a conscious adult decision based upon the reality at the moment and that was to play vs the Raptors and sit vs the Bulls.

One more thing. The elbow was unintentional so we can't really knock the Cavs for it. Jamison wasn't exactly a hit man sent to knock Bosh out. By the way, both years the Raptors went to the playoffs with Bosh he played no more than 70 regular season games, just saying.
      I think you are expanding the subject of the conversation. It seems to me that we were talking about the Raptors 2009-10 season and nothing more.

Do you really think that when Bosh was signed to his current contract by MLSE that they gave him the money that they did expecting that he would only play 70 or less games a season?

He is getting paid to play 82 games unless the coach decides to sit him. Almost every injury in the NBA is accidental unless it happens as a result of someone punching another player, punching the stanchion or doing something intentional that is likely to cause injury.

Bosh has just had bad karma when it comes to injuries, but having bad Karma when it comes to injuries is not something that you pay your players, especially star players to have. This season that bad Karma was the main reason that the Raptors failed to make the playoffs. Just saying
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed May 12, 2010, 10:25 AM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        It was the principle of the thing. In reality Lebron did in fact decide which team was going to get the 8th seed. At the time he sat vs the Raptors the Raptors still had a shot at making the playoffs. That was the reality of it at that moment. Sitting vs the other teams had no bearing on which team was going to make the playoffs.

So yes it should never have come down to that for the Raptors but my friend it did. That was the reality and Lebron made a conscious adult decision based upon the reality at the moment and that was to play vs the Raptors and sit vs the Bulls.
        It doesn't matter, that's a weak argument on your part. The Raptors controlled their destiny after that. They played Chicago and if they won that game it would have been it for the Bulls and the Raptors would have made the post season. The Raptors had no desire and the end result was 9th place. The only people to blame were in the Raptors locker room.

I think you are expanding the subject of the conversation. It seems to me that we were talking about the Raptors 2009-10 season and nothing more.

Do you really think that when Bosh was signed to his current contract by MLSE that they gave him the money that they did expecting that he would only play 70 or less games a season?
        Do you think when he was drafted and later signed an extension that he expected to waste seven years of his career surrounded by mediocrity, dysfunction and lack of direction? Shit happens.

He is getting paid to play 82 games unless the coach decides to sit him. Almost every injury in the NBA is accidental unless it happens as a result of someone punching another player, punching the stanchion or doing something intentional that is likely to cause injury.

Bosh has just had bad karma when it comes to injuries, but having bad Karma when it comes to injuries is not something that you pay your players, especially star players to have. This season that bad Karma was the main reason that the Raptors failed to make the playoffs. Just saying
        Bosh has played close to 90% of all possible regular season games in seven years. The main reason the Raptors fail to make the playoffs is because they waste money on crap coaches and soft players. Good teams overcome injuries.

Comment

Is this the start of the Showdown Forum? Buddha and Apollo seem to be going at it pretty good, hehehe.

Not really much of a fan of the current Celtics. I think theyre bullies who are too old and cant keep up with the young ones so they trip, annoy, elbow, gang-scare other teams to submission. kinda good for the game tho coz it keeps it interesting and gives people something to talk about.

Im routing for the Cavs to win so they can go on and become champions so Lebron would stay. If he moves to NYC and takes JJ/Bosh with him, the raps probably wont ever, ever have the chance to get a division title ever again. I give the Celts maybe another good season and then theyll just all retire and live in a seniors home somewhere.

Sorry Buddha but you cant fault Bosh for playing only 70 games. Of course you pay a player to play 82 games but you should be prepared to continuing competing in case he goes down, and thats what the raps didnt do. The raps totally had control even when Bosh went down, they were 1 game off the last playoff spot and they didnt push through.

Comment

Good teams

having bad Karma when it comes to injuries is not something that you pay your players, especially star players to have. This season that bad Karma was the main reason that the Raptors failed to make the playoffs. Just saying
            Carmelo Anthony
            GP: 69
            Chauncey Billups
            GP: 73
            Nuggets 2009-2010 record: 53-29

Kobe Bryant
            Pau Gasol
            GP: 65
            Lakers 2009-2010 Record: 57-25

Brandon Roy
            Blazers 2009-2010 Record: 50-32

Paul Pierce
            GP: 71
            Kevin Garnett
            Celtics 2009-2010 Record: 50-32

Yao Ming
            GP: 0
            Shane Battier
            GP: 62
            Trevor Ariza
            Tracy McGrady & Kevin Martin
            GP: 30
            Rockets 2009-2010 Record: 42-40
            Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 12, 2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Carmelo Anthony
              Chauncey Billups
              Nuggets 2009-2010 record: 53-29

Kobe Bryant
              Pau Gasol
              Lakers 2009-2010 Record: 57-25

Brandon Roy
              Blazers 2009-2010 Record: 50-32

Paul Pierce
              Kevin Garnett
              Celtics 2009-2010 Record: 50-32

Yao Ming
              GP: 0
              Shane Battier
              GP: 62
              Trevor Ariza
              Tracy McGrady & Kevin Martin
              GP: 30
              Rockets 2009-2010 Record: 42-40
              Apollo my friend I admire your tenacity.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If only Andrea Bargnani had the same attitude on the glass.

Comment

If only Andrea Bargnani had the same attitude on the glass.
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed May 12, 2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X