Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Colangelo One of the GM's Inquiring About Harris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Colangelo One of the GM's Inquiring About Harris?

If not, would any of you like to see Devin Harris here in Toronto?

If the Nets land the first overall pick, and in turn Kentucky's John Wall, current point guard Devin Harris might become available.

Although New Jersey hasn't ruled out playing the two together in the event they draft Wall, president Rod Thorn has already received calls about Harris.

"I can't lie about it," Thorn said. "I've had calls about that."

The Hawks, Heat and Pacers may have interest in Harris.
    Source - Click here

To be honest I am not sure. I thought he was pretty good in Dallas...but then that was a good team. He seemed to be a bit of a ball hog in NJ and we dont need that. Not sure about his defense either and the injuries he had last couple of years.

Comment

lets put it this way, i would trade half the team to get him...

Comment

I hope not. I've said this about Harris before. He's not a bad player, but he's not a true point guard, and apparently there has been some disgruntled teammates who don't feel he passes the ball enough. Not exactly a good thing since he's supposed to be a PG. And his defense isn't great. He's great at driving to the hole, but he's a poor outside shooter.

Basically, he's a better version of Rodney Stuckey, so no wonder some Raptor fans want him.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Can you imagine Jose drunk?, I'll bet he giggles like a school girl

Harris and Jack!

Comment

definitely not as good a creator as our current point guards. but then we also have a point forward who was under utilized last year.

in terms of him being a ball hog, he did have a similar assist avg. to calderon, if i remember correctly (but their minutes might be different). And who can he really pass the ball to in NJ? And i think he could play SG in certain scenarios.

For the right price, i think he'd be a decent pick-up.

Comment

if i can be assured that our SG and SF are good defenders and we have a shot blocking center, then yeah, take Harris. He's basically a higher scoring version of Jack. Penetrates, really good with the dribble penetration. It seems like he's a ballhog but he averages about 13-15 shots a game which is pretty normal, compared to Monta who averages 22 FGA/game. Now thats a ballhog, considering James and Durant only puts up around 20 a game. The only thing i dont like about Harris is he's a very quick PG yet he doesnt even average more than 1 steal per game. He's a so-so defender, quick enough to chase his man around and got nice hops to alter shots. Definitely an upgrade from Calderon, but not a whole lot different from Jack.

Comment

Like 90% of the players brought up are dissed on this board. Devin Harris is better than anyone on the club besides CB4. He's a great player and I would love to see him come here. The Raptors aren't going to land Chris Paul or Kevin Durant. Lower tier players who have the potential to be upper tier players are where they need to look. Devin Harris is one of those players. The reason Harris controls the ball more in Jersey is because they have a bad team. They need him to do it to stay close in games to have a shot at winning. One player can't do it all but he does all he can and it's a lot. He's proven that he knows how to defer to better players and facilitate them and he's also proven that he can put a team on his shoulders that is struggling and help them stay close enough for some sort of shot at a win.

Comment

One more thought. He's a better offensive player than Calderon or Jack and he good defender... Tough to tell on team that management set up to fail but it's true.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I hope not. I've said this about Harris before. He's not a bad player, but he's not a true point guard, and apparently there has been some disgruntled teammates who don't feel he passes the ball enough. Not exactly a good thing since he's supposed to be a PG. And his defense isn't great. He's great at driving to the hole, but he's a poor outside shooter.

Basically, he's a better version of Rodney Stuckey, so no wonder some Raptor fans want him.
                    Hold on just a minute. Harris and Stuckey both averaged 17ppg and 5apg last season. But Stuck is a far better defender than Harris 4sure Last season when Harris was on the court the Nets gave up 7 more points per 100 possessions than when he was not and when Stuckey was on the court the PIstons gave up 7 less points per 100 possessions than when he was not.

Stuck is the better all-around player, in my opinion, 4sure

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=DET
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
                      lets put it this way, i would trade half the team to get him...
                      Which half? POB, Rasho, Dorsey, Banks, Belinelli, Hedo, Evans?

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Hold on just a minute. Harris and Stuckey both averaged 17ppg and 5apg last season. But Stuck is a far better defender than Harris 4sure Last season when Harris was on the court the Nets gave up 7 more points per 100 possessions than when he was not and when Stuckey was on the court the PIstons gave up 7 less points per 100 possessions than when he was not.

i really love the way you throw in stats buddha, but its really hard to put these stats in perspective if you fully consider the other factors that are happening during the season. like lets say NJ plays new orleans, CP3 rips them apart so they lose badly. Detroit plays New orleans and CP3 is injured. Of course thats already a statistical advantage to Detroit, because CP3 typically controls the pace and possessions.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Like 90% of the players brought up are dissed on this board. Devin Harris is better than anyone on the club besides CB4. He's a great player and I would love to see him come here. The Raptors aren't going to land Chris Paul or Kevin Durant. Lower tier players who have the potential to be upper tier players are where they need to look. Devin Harris is one of those players. The reason Harris controls the ball more in Jersey is because they have a bad team. They need him to do it to stay close in games to have a shot at winning. One player can't do it all but he does all he can and it's a lot. He's proven that he knows how to defer to better players and facilitate them and he's also proven that he can put a team on his shoulders that is struggling and help them stay close enough for some sort of shot at a win.
                          Yes, he's be'd probably be the second best player on the Raptors, but there's a difference between getting player's who happen to be better than yours and getting players who will help you build a contender.

I wouldn't be upset if Colangelo traded for him, but if Colangelo's going to go out and make a trade, I could give him about fifty names of players I'd rather have.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Harris was injured this year. The season before, when he was healthy, Harris averaged 21.3 pg and made the All-Star team.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Yes, he's be'd probably be the second best player on the Raptors, but there's a difference between getting player's who happen to be better than yours and getting players who will help you build a contender.

I wouldn't be upset if Colangelo traded for him, but if Colangelo's going to go out and make a trade, I could give him about fifty names of players I'd rather have.
                              I'd love to hear that list if you have time.

Comment

Working...
                              X