Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Colangelo One of the GM's Inquiring About Harris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yes, he's be'd probably be the second best player on the Raptors, but there's a difference between getting player's who happen to be better than yours and getting players who will help you build a contender.

I wouldn't be upset if Colangelo traded for him, but if Colangelo's going to go out and make a trade, I could give him about fifty names of players I'd rather have.
    I agree with the sentiment, but you can't build a contender without getting players who are better than the ones you currently have (that is, unless you're expecting MASSIVE steps forward from the players the Raptors already have)

You've got to have top level talent to be a contender, and the Raptors don't have that. Harris is an all-star caliber player, and I don't even see any of the current Raptors as potential all-stars, let alone all-star talents right now.

Are there players that would be better fits? Sure. But Harris is young, talented, and most importantly, available. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

TM Williamson wrote: View Post
      I agree with the sentiment, but you can't build a contender without getting players who are better than the ones you currently have (that is, unless you're expecting MASSIVE steps forward from the players the Raptors already have)

You've got to have top level talent to be a contender, and the Raptors don't have that. Harris is an all-star caliber player, and I don't even see any of the current Raptors as potential all-stars, let alone all-star talents right now.

Are there players that would be better fits? Sure. But Harris is young, talented, and most importantly, available. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
      It's not necessarily better players I would look for, but players I would want on my team. I'm simply not a fan of Harris. As I said I wouldn't be upset if he was traded to the Raptors, but he wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I hope not. I've said this about Harris before. He's not a bad player, but he's not a true point guard, and apparently there has been some disgruntled teammates who don't feel he passes the ball enough. Not exactly a good thing since he's supposed to be a PG. And his defense isn't great. He's great at driving to the hole, but he's a poor outside shooter.

Basically, he's a better version of Rodney Stuckey, so no wonder some Raptor fans want him.
        then essentially, if harris is a better version of stuckey , than isn't he a crappier version of agent zero?

we might as well get arenas if we're thinking about getting stuckey or harris.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I'd love to hear that list if you have time.
          ya, i second that.

infact, i'm demanding you give us this list and enlighten us all.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Wow, this has turned to demands? It sounds like its getting crazy. Is that...Is that protesters?

Well I don't condone that but I would still like to see the list of 50 please.

Comment

Harris was injured this year. The season before, when he was healthy, Harris averaged 21.3 pg and made the All-Star team.
              There career averages are both 13ppg and 4.5rpg.

Stuckey was injured his rookie season that is how it goes.

In any case injured or not Harris defense is way below average and Stuckey's is way above average.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                ya, i second that.

infact, i'm demanding you give us this list and enlighten us all.
                Alright, alright. Here, in alphabetical order, are players (including players the Raptors would have no chance of getting) that I would want to spend time trying to get on my team over Devin Harris.

Carmelo Anthony
                Trevor Ariza
                Kelenna Azubuike
                Matt Barnes
                Brandon Bass
                Shane Battier
                Nicholas Batum
                Andris Biedrins
                Chauncy Billups
                Keith Bogans
                Andrew Bogut
                Andrew Bynum
                Omri Casspi
                WIlson Chandler
                Darren Collison
                Stephon Curry
                Glen Davis
                Loul Deng
                Jared Dudley
                Kevin Durant
                Rudy Fernandez
                Jonny Flynn
                Jeff Foster
                Danilo Gallinari
                Marc Gasol
                Pau Gasol
                Rudy Gay
                Taj Gibson
                Eric Gordon
                Marcin Gortat
                Danny Granger
                Jeff Green
                Blake Griffin
                Udonis Haslem
                Brendan Haywood
                Roy Hibbert
                JJ Hickson
                George Hill
                Kirk Hinrich
                Al Horford
                Dwight Howard
                Serge Ibaka
                Andre Iguodala
                LeBron James
                Richard Jefferson
                Brandon Jennings
                Joe Johnson
                Dahntey Jones
                Chris Kaman
                Andrei Kirilenko
                Ty Lawson
                Brook Lopez
                Robin Lopez
                Kevin Love
                Kyle Lowry
                Wesley Matthews
                OJ Mayo
                Luc RIchard Mbah
                Paul Millsap
                Nene
                Joakim Noah
                Greg Oden
                Travis Outlaw
                Tony Parker
                Chris Paul
                Kenrick Perkins
                Mickael Pietrus
                Rajon Rondo
                Derrick Rose
                Brandon Roy
                THabo Sefolosha
                Josh Smith
                Tyrus Thomas
                Al Thornton
                Ronny Turiaf
                Anderson Varejao
                Dwayne Wade
                Gerald Wallace
                RUssell Westbrook
                Deron Williams
                Marvin Williams

Sorry. That's more than 50, but you get my point. Obviously most of those guys aren't available, but there are a great number that very well might be. Instead of going after guys who aren't quite what you want, simply because they're available, I'd rather concentrate my effort on guys who i'd really want on my team. I think if you look at that list, you can figure out the type of player I like.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wow.

I mean, I totally get your point, and Harris does have his deficiencies, but really? Jeff Foster? Ronny Turiaf? You're talking about preferring career backups to an all-star caliber player.

I could maybe get behind that idea if the Raps were already contending, and already had an all star caliber player to lean on, but if Bosh leaves the cupboard is relatively bare. This team can add all the Jeff Fosters and Ronny Turiafs in the world, they still won't be anything resembling contenders without a star player. That's life in the NBA.

Comment

Wow.

I mean, I totally get your point, and Harris does have his deficiencies, but really? Jeff Foster? Ronny Turiaf? You're talking about preferring career backups to an all-star caliber player.

I could maybe get behind that idea if the Raps were already contending, and already had an all star caliber player to lean on, but if Bosh leaves the cupboard is relatively bare. This team can add all the Jeff Fosters and Ronny Turiafs in the world, they still won't be anything resembling contenders without a star player. That's life in the NBA.
                    Now, I'm not saying that if it's a choice between Devin Harris and Ronny Turiaf, I'd take Turiaf. Obviously you take the more talented player. But those are the guys I'd try and get above getting Harris. Both guys would be backups, but they would be bench players I think would make the team better. Again, I don't hate Harris and don't think he's a team killer. I mean, this isn't JR Smith or Gilbert Arenas, here.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Now, I'm not saying that if it's a choice between Devin Harris and Ronny Turiaf, I'd take Turiaf. Obviously you take the more talented player. But those are the guys I'd try and get above getting Harris. Both guys would be backups, but they would be bench players I think would make the team better. Again, I don't hate Harris and don't think he's a team killer. I mean, this isn't JR Smith or Gilbert Arenas, here.
                      That's fair. It's just that if the Nets get John Wall, Harris becomes very available, and the Nets become a much more attractive option for a big name free agent looking to get a max deal through a sign and trade. Basically what I'm saying is, if we're going to S&T Bosh, Harris could be a pretty attractive option if the Nets get the top pick.

Props on the list though...that is fucking thorough, and I agree with much of it.

Comment

That's fair. It's just that if the Nets get John Wall, Harris becomes very available, and the Nets become a much more attractive option for a big name free agent looking to get a max deal through a sign and trade. Basically what I'm saying is, if we're going to S&T Bosh, Harris could be a pretty attractive option if the Nets get the top pick.

Props on the list though...that is fucking thorough, and I agree with much of it.
                        Ya, if the Bosh wants to go to the Nets, Harris is definitely a good piece to get back in a sign and trade. I don't think the Raptors should go out of their way to get him, though.

I actually hope the T-wolves get the top pick, for two reasons. One, because I want to see them select three point guards in the lottery in two years (it would remind me when they kept drafting centers many years ago). The other one is to facilitate a trade I will propose on my blog after the lottery.

As for the list, I just looked at a list of the players on Hoopshype and typed them in. I don't know how thorough it is, since I realized I missed at least one player- Dejuan Blair. Besides, I needed to do something else, and typing it up was a great way to avoid it.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wow.

My thoughts exactly.

Now, I'm not saying that if it's a choice between Devin Harris and Ronny Turiaf, I'd take Turiaf. Obviously you take the more talented player. But those are the guys I'd try and get above getting Harris.
                          That is a total contradiction....
                          Last edited by Apollo; Thu May 13, 2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I think Harris is awesome and would take him over any player on the raptors. I don't know why Tim hates him so much. His value is low now because of his off year last year, he's easily the best piece rumored in possible S&T's.

I hope BC doesn't trade Bosh to NJ though, if they get a top two pick and land Bosh, they are looking at home court for the play offs next year.

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

He's taking what we would have to give up into account.

As in, he would rather BC pursue a trade in which we give up a little to get a Turiaf or Foster than one where we give up what would be necessary to get Harris.

I just think the only way we would get Harris would be to S&T Bosh for him, in which case you have to measure it up only against the other Bosh trade options.

Comment

No, it's not. The player's I listed that I would try and get because I feel they'll make my team better. I, personally, wouldn't try and trade for Harris because he's not the type of player I like or feel makes a team better. If Indiana offered Foster and the Nets offered Harris for the same player, I'd take Harris simply because he's the more valuable asset. Foster, however, I would want to keep, whereas Harris is a player I would want to turn into something else.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X