Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Raptors really need to consider someone like Damion James a tough 4 year guy who can play defense and score.

Strengths
    ----------------
    Ability to get to free throw line
    - Off-ball movement
    - Timing
    - Transition play
    - Activity level
    - Commitment to playing defense
    - Versatility to defend multiple positions
    - Aggressiveness
    - Energy/Intensity
    - Physical Toughness
    - Role-player potential
    - Ability to finish around basket
    - Ability to finish through contact
    - Athleticism
    - NBA body
    - Wingspan
    - Rebounding ability
    All in all, James is a player that has clearly improved his draft stock by returning for another year, as he appears far more likely to be picked in the first round than he was last year, and may even be taken fairly high depending on how he finishes the season and works out for teams. It may not be easy to immediately identify a clear-cut role for James, as he’s a bit of a jack of all trades master of none, and is clearly stuck between the small forward and power forward positions at this point. With that said, NBA teams are always in need of tough, aggressive players who are productive and can contribute in a variety of ways, which is why James will be coveted on draft day[
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damion-James-1074/
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri May 21, 2010, 01:28 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      He is Only 6-1 1/2 ???!!! If this is the case, the plan of playing him as a shooting guard is pure suicide and I don't care how long is his reach and ...

6-1 1/2 does not cut it in this league for shooting Guard.

The more I am looking at this guy, the more disappointed I get and think that there must be better choice to pick at number 13 and this guy should be drafted at the end of the first round.
      If my prediction is correct you won't have to worry as Indiana will pick him up at #10.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        I never put much stock in the combine, but I love a good vertical leap.

Imagine Bradley, Derozan, Weems, Amir and a begrudging Bargs all on the court together. So much athleticism and alley oops going down. With four guys all running hard and playing defense
        Those five players would lose 50 games. Maybe more.

Comment

Yea Bradley looks like a late first-rounder to me.

Comment

Ok why do we even need him again, don't we already have enough ball handlers on the team? we need a rebounding center like Brook Lopez/the other Lopez (forgot his name)

Comment

Avery Bradley will be a bust, mark my words.

Comment

He is Only 6-1 1/2 ???!!! If this is the case, the plan of playing him as a shooting guard is pure suicide and I don't care how long is his reach and ...

1) I believe they'd play him as a scoring point guard and let Turk run the majority of the offense (which is what he's best at IMO).

2) Reach is a lot more important than height. He's not going to be blocking shots or getting in people's faces with his head. A player's reach allows him to play bigger than he is. Just take a look at a couple of undersized power forwards like Milsap and Blair. Milsap's height is about 6'7" and Blair is even smaller at 6'6.5" (that's with shoes!) but they're very effective because of their wingspan (7'1.5" and 7'2" respectively).

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...0&pos=4&sort=1

Comment

santimo wrote: View Post
                  1) I believe they'd play him as a scoring point guard and let Turk run the majority of the offense (which is what he's best at IMO).

2) Reach is a lot more important than height. He's not going to be blocking shots or getting in people's faces with his head. A player's reach allows him to play bigger than he is. Just take a look at a couple of undersized power forwards like Milsap and Blair. Milsap's height is about 6'7" and Blair is even smaller at 6'6.5" (that's with shoes!) but they're very effective because of their wingspan (7'1.5" and 7'2" respectively).

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...0&pos=4&sort=1
                  So you are saying that the Raptors should start Bradley at the PG or have Turk come off the bench and play 15 mpg.

Okay if you say so.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                    Avery Bradley will be a bust, mark my words.
                    shh. phdsteve might be listening

Comment

Not comparing Bradley to him, but Allen Iverson was 6 ft and played much of his career at SG.

Comment

There's always so much discussion and dissection of the combine results, but I've never found they mean very much. You'll always get guys who do poorly in the agility and speed tests who excel in the league and visa versa.

Just look at last year. Tyreke Evans was 6th worst in lane agility. Dujuan Blair was 10th worst in lane agility, 7th worst in no step vertical and the 3rd slowest sprinter.

The measurements are interesting and sometimes helpful, but the rest is almost useless.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

"OMG KEVIN DURANT CANNOT DO A SINGLE BENCH PRESS, CAN HE PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL?"

uh yeah chief i wouldn't worry about it

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                            "OMG KEVIN DURANT CANNOT DO A SINGLE BENCH PRESS, CAN HE PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL?"

uh yeah chief i wouldn't worry about it
                            You are comparing Bradley to KD.

RFLMAO!!

Comment

can't you see the similarities?

no, i was illustrating the hysteria the combine can cause and adding another example to the list Tim W gave.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                                can't you see the similarities?

no, i was illustrating the hysteria the combine can cause and adding another example to the list Tim W gave.
                                The Raptors in my opinion would be better off drafting this guy.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damion-James-1074/

Comment

Working...
                                X