X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gurk wrote: View Post
    Knowing BC thi pick is prolly gonna be traded away xD
    Actually, history says that Colangelo won't trade the pick. He's only traded one top 15 pick in his entire career, and that was while Phoenix was a contender and was a financial move to appease the owner. But no point bothering with the truth, is there?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Yep. No but really I forgot what artcile I read it in but it said that BC will most likely trade it away. Maybe in a Hedo or Jose deal?
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

• New stat compilation available at DraftExpress on potential draftees.

Bradley ranked dead last in plus minus with a minus 8.7 per 40 minutes

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.ph...erence=&sort=8
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• ESPN Mock Draft 4.0: Raptors Pass on Udoh, select Bradley

Chad Ford's ESPN Insider article has the Raptors passing up Ekpe Udoh (#1 on phdsteve's Big Board).

Lottery picks:

1. WAS - Wall
          2. LAC - Turner
          3. NJN - Favors
          4. MIN - Johnson
          5. SAC - Monroe
          6. GSW - Cousins
          7. DET - Aminu
          8. LAC - Hayward
          9. UTA - Babbitt
          10. IND - Davis
          11. NOH - Aldrich
          12. MEM - George
          13. TOR - Bradley
          14. HOU - Udoh.

Analysis: The Raptors could go a number of different directions here. With Chris Bosh likely out the door, Hedo Turkoglu pining for a trade and the team shopping Jose Calderon -- you can expect the Raptors to look radically different next summer.

Finding a center is atop GM Bryan Colangelo's list. If Bosh leaves he'd like to move Andrea Bargnani to the 4. But of the top big men left on the board -- Orton, Whiteside and Alabi -- none of them is close to being ready.

That may shift the Raptors' focus to the backcourt. Assuming they can move Calderon this summer, they'll have a need at the point and Bradley, who can play both backcourt positions, is the type of athletic, explosive athlete they're looking for.

Comment

• This whole Turk thing kinda threw the raptors organization a curve ball. The idea of drafting Avery, who's more a scorer than a passer. It means that he would be paired up with Turk on the court, so Turk will handled the ball and facilitate the offense while Avery get to do what he does best (score, and challenge DeMar to a dunk off on the court).
            But now that Turk wants out and the talk of shipping out our best setup man in Calderon, and that essentially leaves Jack and Avery at our 1 spot. Jack is an average pg in terms of running the offense, and all scouting reports points to Avery not being a passing pointguard. as a result it leaves our backcourt with Derozan, JJ, Weems, Avery. They will be athletic, but not much else.

I have heard good things about Mikahail Torrance 6'5 208lb pg, who could be taken late first round, if we acquire another pick in the late first round we could grab him, and use our 13th (if its still there) for a much needed inside presence in Udoh, or Whiteside or Orton.

*on a totally separate note, I just saw some clips on Tiny Gallon out of Oklahoma, he's like a mix between Amar'e and Glen Davis. Athletically like an Amare in the body of Glen Davis, Raptors could use a guy like him. plus he's projected to go second rd, those picks are cheap and just think of the entertainment value of a 300lb man dunking, I love this game !

Comment

• This is stupid. Bradley can no more play the point than Amir Johnson can. Of all the PGs or combo guards drafted last season or projected to be drafted this season his assists to FG attempted ratio was by far and I mean by and away the worst.

In fact his assists to FG attempted ratio was so bad you would think that he only passes by accident.

To think that Bradley will be better than DeRozan and will take over the SG slot is equally stupid.

I hope I am wrong about this, but even more importantly I hope that they don't draft this guy.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• I really don't want Bradley if we're trading Turk. If we need big men and this draft is heavy on decent big man, I don't see why we wouldn't take one. Guys like Whiteside have way more upside and fit our team better than guys like Bradley and I would personally rather trade or sign a point guard than pick one who probably will never be a starter in the NBA. This draft is hard because their are so many variables around who is going to be here next year and the fact that outside of the top 7, all of the players have fairly significant flaws.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Lets compare Bradley to Westbrook

In 2007-08 his last year at UCLA vs Bradley at Texas 2009-10

Bradley was the same age this season as Wesbrook was in 2007-08

Westbrook on left and Bradley on right
                  DOB------------11/12/88----11/26/90
                  MPG---------------33.8--------29.5
                  Min---------------1,308------1,003
                  FGA-----------------391--------368
                  FGA per Min------.299-------.366 - Bradley took 22% more FGA per minute
                  FTA-----------------150----------66
                  FTA per FGA------.383--------.179 - Westbrook had 170% more FTA per FGA than Bradley
                  Assists--------------167----------71
                  Assists per FGA---.427-------.192 - Westbrook had 222% more Assists per FGA than Bradley
                  Assists per min---.128--------.071
                  Assists per 36 min--4.7-------2.26 -- Westbrook ave 80% more Assists per min than Bradley
                  Amir Johnson Assist per 36 min as a starter 2.00

If Avery Bradley is a PG than Amir Johnson is a PG!

Also note that Westbrook's numbers in 2007-08 were with Darren Collison on the team who shared the PG responsibilities with Westbrook.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...VTa7o2_js9PaB4

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=31663

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=46196
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Jun 10, 2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• if I was the raptors ... just get a talented / "potential" player at any position...

and leave Bargnani at the 5 and sign Amir to play the 4 and then next year draft... for sure we are going to be having a highest pick.

Comment

• I don't think anyone is thinking he will turn into Westbrook who has taken Deron's mantle as the most underrated point guard in the league, but that he's in a similar mold.

I absolutely love Bradly and will be destroyed if the raps don't take him. He was widely touted coming out of high school and struggled in the Texas system which I would attribute to Rick Barnes futility. I see it as a similar situation to Rondo in Kentucky, his style clashed with Tubby's and as a result his game floundered. The raps don't need any particular position, they need a star and Bradley has that potential.

The guy is the anti Calderon and i've heard scouts like Chad Ford rave about his length and defensive ability. If the raps draft Bradley, do they keep Jose and trade Jack?

Comment

• Apparently Ford thinks Philly will trade their pick to the Clippers. What's up with that?

And it's not that Bradley won't turn into Westbrook, it's that he simply will not be able to playPG in the NBA. If he can't play PG, he's pretty much screwed. It's simply not how talented a player is, but whether he will be able to fit in the league. Loads of talented players have not lasted in the league because they couldn't find a positon. It's the rare, rare player that is able to overcome this and last. It would be a huge, huge gamble to take someone lime Bradley and simply not worth it.

Now, on a bad team, Bradley could get minutes, especially early on as his team tries to play him at PG, but the fact that he can't play PG will always limit his minutes on a quality team.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Apparently Ford thinks Philly will trade their pick to the Clippers. What's up with that?

And it's not that Bradley won't turn into Westbrook, it's that he simply will not be able to playPG in the NBA. If he can't play PG, he's pretty much screwed. It's simply not how talented a player is, but whether he will be able to fit in the league. Loads of talented players have not lasted in the league because they couldn't find a positon. It's the rare, rare player that is able to overcome this and last. It would be a huge, huge gamble to take someone lime Bradley and simply not worth it.

Now, on a bad team, Bradley could get minutes, especially early on as his team tries to play him at PG, but the fact that he can't play PG will always limit his minutes on a quality team.
                          I used the Westbrook comparison because before the 2008 draft Westbrook was considered by the so called experts to be primarily a defensive guard first like a lot of people are looking at Bradley especially in Toronto.

It could be that Bradley might wind up defending as well as Westbrook although I would have to see that to believe it. However, I seriously doubt that Bradley will have anywhere near the impact on offense that Westbrook does.

I would have no probably drafting Bradley at say 25 or lower but I just think that there will be a number of players still on the board at #13, if that is where the Raptors do draft, that will turn out to be better NBA players than Bradley.

Comment

• bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
                            talk of shipping out our best setup man in Calderon, and that essentially leaves Jack and Avery at our 1 spot. Jack is an average pg in terms of running the offense, and all scouting reports points to Avery not being a passing pointguard. as a result it leaves our backcourt with Derozan, JJ, Weems, Avery. They will be athletic, but not much else.
                            i agree, i was just watching the some "young gunz" highlights yesterday and the ratio of jose asssisted to jack assisted is like 4-1. i think with turk gone we are better off to keep calderon and try to sorround him with athletic guys who may be able to offset his defensive liabilities.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• mo-sales wrote: View Post

I absolutely love Bradly and will be destroyed if the raps don't take him.

The guy is the anti Calderon and i've heard scouts like Chad Ford rave about his length and defensive ability. If the raps draft Bradley, do they keep Jose and trade Jack?
                              I am just trying to understand how you see him fit in Raptor team.

SG:

If I am not mistaking, Bradly is 6'3" . Do you really think he can guard the number 2 position in our team while we also have another young talent in DD ( much better physically for #2) to develop ?

To me, Bradly as shooting Guard is out of question and does not make any sense.

PG:

Lets assume Hedo is gone ( I am almost 100% sure that he will), so we do need a PG that is able to pass the ball and create for his teammates.

Can you see Bradly actually running this offence ? The numbers state otherwise.

Comment

• I think Bradley is actually 6'2"

Mo_Sales - So you got the hots for the young guy. Don't worry he will get picked by someone and it might even be a team that is a regular on TNT or ESPN/ABC so you will get to see him play often enough. If not on TV there is always NBA Broadband Access which works great. That is how I get to follow K. Love, S. Livingston, DD and Big Dawg.

Comment

Working...
                                X