No Way Jose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Way Jose?

Im trying to start a movement that most will not like. I sometimes question myself for speaking it aloud but it has to happen. Jose needs to play with the second unit. For the benefit of the team Jose should be the backup point guard. Jose's skills cater to that of a backup point guard, he is a very good shooter that can score in spurts, protects the ball, values possesions and has lots of energy. Most importantly he is a pillon and opposing point guards walk around him with ease. We need more stability at the point of attack. Jarret jack would bring a better defender and intangibles to the starting unit. If he wants to win and keep Chris Bosh around this needs to be done immediatley. If he thinks its a demotion he should look at guys like Jason Terry!

Albeit Jack has played significantly better during the last 2 games, I don't think his defense is really that much better than Jose's. I mean, at least from the games that I've watched and the only one I've missed is the game against Miami.

Jose would be more effective with a team who prides itself in defence. That way his inability to play D wouldn't be as obvious because he'd have a supporting cast who could bail him out. We don't have that, but we could if we played better help defence.

Plus, I think contracts typically dictate alot these days and I don't how well it will sit with people when your back-up PG is making $9 to $10 million per season over these last 3 years.

Comment

Still loving Jose.

Jack plays well with Belinelli - who covers up his weaknesses. But Jack does not have the creativity or handle to be the starter on a playoff team. A GREAT back-up PG!
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

RE: No Way Jose?

My intention was not to sell Jack as the answer. I just think he is a better alternative. His defence is not great but he can at least stay in front of his man which is much more than I can say for Jose. The starting unit is full of players with a offensive mindset. We need to offsett this to bring balance.

Comment

Not that I really think Jose played victim to this, but some players conveniently play better when there's something on the line. (i.e. when he was up for a new contract)

Could it be that Jose's somewhat packed it in and has taken his position for granted based on the large contract he signed? Or do you think playing with Ford took less pressure off his game where people weren't concerned as much with his short-comings because Ford was a one man wrecking crew on this own?

Comment

Working...
          X