This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Hill's salary is $2.5 million. that leaves you $13.3 million short. If the Rockets would do a 3 for 1 than Battier, Ariza and Hill for Bosh would work.
    What's left for Bosh in Houston in that scenario? No way the Raptors are getting Battier and Ariza. Bosh would want to go there to be surrounded by guys like that. I could see something like Ariza, Jeffries and Hill. In this scenario the Raptors aren't getting equal value, but they won't else where either. At least here they get a young gun who plays strong defense, an expiring contract and a prospect. Maybe they could squeeze a 1st rounder out of the Rockets as well? If it were this year's draft it could place them in a position to land Xavier Henry. Of course the Rockets would have to make the pick for the Raptors and then do the S&T on July 1st.

Comment

If Bosh decides to leave via sign & trade he is going to give Colangelo list of teams he would like to play for. The Raps are going to trade Bosh to the team who offers the best package. I don't care how complicated it would be, if we don't get Scola back in return for Bosh we get a better deal from one of the other teams on Bosh's list. The Raptors won't trade Bosh for Ariza, keep dreaming Houston fans.
      Last edited by Aris; Thu May 13, 2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Aris wrote: View Post
        If Bosh decides to leave via sign & trade he is going to give Colangelo list of teams he would like to play for. The Raps are going to trade Bosh to the team who offers the best package. I don't care how complicated it would be, if we don't get Scola back in return for Bosh we get a better deal from one of the other teams on Bosh's list. The Raptors won't trade Bosh for Ariza, keep dreaming Houston fans.
        I wouldn't want Ariza either unless he was going to come in off the bench.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Is it set in stone that bosh will do a sign and trade? HE COULD JUST WALK!!!!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            What's left for Bosh in Houston in that scenario? No way the Raptors are getting Battier and Ariza. Bosh would want to go there to be surrounded by guys like that. I could see something like Ariza, Jeffries and Hill. In this scenario the Raptors aren't getting equal value, but they won't else where either. At least here they get a young gun who plays strong defense, an expiring contract and a prospect. Maybe they could squeeze a 1st rounder out of the Rockets as well? If it were this year's draft it could place them in a position to land Xavier Henry. Of course the Rockets would have to make the pick for the Raptors and then do the S&T on July 1st.
            I'd be happy with Ariza, Jeffries and Hill. I don't think the Raptors are going to get much more young talent than that anywhere else.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

rapper wrote: View Post
              He could, but the only way of getting max money is via a sign-and-trade. No way he's turning down a maximum contract so he'll work with the Raptors and Colangelo.

BTW, welcome to the forums rapper.

Comment

Scola is a hard working proven player in the NBA and I think asking him to come off the bench and play second fiddle to Bosh is unfair. With a healthy Yao and Bosh there isn't much room for Scola so it would only make sence.

Apparently who ever wants Bosh is going to have to absorb either Calderon or Turk and since Houston has to many shooters and not enough ditributors this could work in there favor.

Bosh,Turkoglu, for Scola, Jefferies, Ariza or Battier

Bosh, Calderon for Scola, Jefferies, Landry or Brooks

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  I'd be happy with Ariza, Jeffries and Hill. I don't think the Raptors are going to get much more young talent than that anywhere else.
                  I think that would work money wise.

Three solid bench guys
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Why wouldn't Lebron come to Toronto for Bosh?

Hell, the Raptors could even throw in Hedo

Comment

One other good thing about this trade is that while Jeffries is overpaid his contract is expiring and even if the Raptors elected not to move his expiring deal at the 2011 trade deadline they would still have a player who can contribute off the bench for them that season and a potential player worth resigning.

rapper wrote: View Post
                      He could but a S&T offers him the most money and probably lands him on a team with a co-star and a nice group of compliments.

Scola is a hard working proven player in the NBA and I think asking him to come off the bench and play second fiddle to Bosh is unfair. With a healthy Yao and Bosh there isn't much room for Scola so it would only make sence.
                      There are guys all over the league on Scola's level who are coming off the bench. Having Scola coming off the bench would be great depth for the Rockets.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Fri May 14, 2010, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Apparently who ever wants Bosh is going to have to absorb either Calderon or Turk and since Houston has to many shooters and not enough ditributors this could work in there favor.

Bosh,Turkoglu, for Scola, Jefferies, Ariza or Battier

Bosh, Calderon for Scola, Jefferies, Landry or Brooks
                        Apparently you want Scola. Problem is, he's a free agent and would have to agree to sign with Toronto. Personally, I think he'll get interest from some contenders who could definitely use him.

And if you go with Scola, Jeffries and Battier, you do realize the the only player the Raptors would be getting who would be under 30 would be Jeffries, who turns 29 next November. Are you under the impression the Raptors would be able to win immediately? Or are do you just want to make sure they just want to save them from finishing high in the lottery next year in favour of another mid first round pick?
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I think that would work money wise.

Three solid bench guys
                          Who on earth would you have starting ahead of Ariza? And Hill might very well start on the Raptors next season if this trade would happen.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Who on earth would you have starting ahead of Ariza? And Hill might very well start on the Raptors next season if this trade would happen.
                            Too funny

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              One other good thing about this trade is that while Jeffries is overpaid his contract is expiring and even if the Raptors elected not to move his expiring deal at the 2011 trade deadline they would still have a player who can contribute off the bench for them that season and a potential player worth resigning.

He could but a S&T offers him the most money and probably lands him on a team with a co-star and a nice group of compliments.

There are guys all over the league on Scola's level who are coming off the bench. Having Scola coming off the bench would be great depth for the Rockets.
                              Your right. If Houston where able to retain Scola while getting Bosh it would give them great depth. However that doesn't make any sence for the Raptors. If Bosh leaves he takes his 24 pts and 10 rpg with him. If the best we can get back for Bosh are role players we are better off letting him walk, having a fire sale and rebuilding. Im not in favor of this and I believe that Colangelo will facilitate a trade that makes sence and will get back a player close to the talent of Scola. I think Bosh has around 30 million reasons whe he will work closely with Brian to make sure it works for both sides.

Comment

Apparently you want Scola. Problem is, he's a free agent and would have to agree to sign with Toronto. Personally, I think he'll get interest from some contenders who could definitely use him.

And if you go with Scola, Jeffries and Battier, you do realize the the only player the Raptors would be getting who would be under 30 would be Jeffries, who turns 29 next November. Are you under the impression the Raptors would be able to win immediately? Or are do you just want to make sure they just want to save them from finishing high in the lottery next year in favour of another mid first round pick?
                                Houston also holds his bird rights to Scola and they can match any offer for him then use him in a sign and trade for Bosh. I don't care how old Jefferies and Battier are because they are expiring contracts that would clear 14mil in cap space that we can use to sign free agents TO HELP OUR TEAM WIN. Your right I don't want the Raptors to end up high in the lottery because that means another failed season. Are you implying that you would rather the Raptors have a terrible team, miss the playoffs just so they can be in the lottery next season? Also if we got Battier we would be moving Turk who is 31 and would also save us around 45mil over 4 years that we can use to sign free agents.
                                Last edited by Aris; Fri May 14, 2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X