X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Don't Pick Bargnani Version 2.0

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...tiejunas-1300/

- Donatas is 7ft like Bargnani

- He is slated to be picked in the early to late teens.

- He is European who plays on Benetton Treviso

- He is often compared to Bargnani.

You just know Maurizio Gherardini will be all over that at the round table discussion about picking this guy up! he will probably say something like

"yes yes he is very good you will see, I called my replacement in Treviso and he said he is a very good player with great potential, pick up him Colangelo you can trust me on this one,,, now can we order Calzones?! "

I swear if they continue with this Euro push, I will stop watching the Raptors.

the only europeans i ever wanted were the ones on the spurs and the only one they have is ginobili.

delfino and ilyasova as well as some other players around the league are good role players and i think bargnani if he breaks out and realizes that he is 7ft tall and excess of 260lbs.

he'll be real good. you know who bargani could learn alot from... himself, that is the nba live 10 version of himself the dude is a double double machine, he shoots lights out and he dunks the ball and attacks the rim aggresively most of the time.

which really is what bargnani can and should be doing but he's not for some reason, i just can't figure it out.

why the hell do the spurs draft so good, the suns draft decent as well?somebody please explain.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

So, does that mean that if Gherardini was from Los Angeles, he'd automatically pick a player from California? I really don't think people give enough credit to these guys. Would you automatically pick a Canadian even if he was completely wrong for the team? No. You pick the best player for the team. If Gherardini would really be that swayed because a player played for his old club, that he would never have gotten to where he is.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        the only europeans i ever wanted were the ones on the spurs and the only one they have is ginobili.

delfino and ilyasova as well as some other players around the league are good role players and i think bargnani if he breaks out and realizes that he is 7ft tall and excess of 260lbs.
        So, apparently Tony Parker either isn't European, or isn't on the Spurs. And you obviously don't want Pau Gasol, or Dirk, or Nene, or Kirilenko, or Biedrins, or Varajao, or Pietrus. I'd take them.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think this kid won't be high on the board. They don't need another 7 footer who doesn't rebound well and can't post up. They're not going to pick him. I'll lay down money on this one.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            isn't ginobili from argentina or somewhere in south america??

Comment

Maybe they can trade up to the number 1 pick and take him with it , just so history repeats itself.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                So, apparently Tony Parker either isn't European, or isn't on the Spurs. And you obviously don't want Pau Gasol, or Dirk, or Nene, or Kirilenko, or Biedrins, or Varajao, or Pietrus. I'd take them.
                This guy is already pretty good and he is only going to get better

and so is this guy

Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu May 13, 2010, 11:54 PM.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

bodmon wrote: View Post
                  Yeah. So is Delfino, Noc, Oberto, Scola and Herrmann.

Comment

bodmon wrote: View Post
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Yeah. So is Delfino, Noc, Oberto, Scola and Herrmann.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        This guy is already pretty good and he is only going to get better

and so is this guy

Ya, I knew I was forgetting a few. Forgot Scola, too.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think Bargnani was touted as more athletic and a better shot blocker than Motiejunas is projected at now. His jump shot is also not as developed as Andrea's was, but he might have a better post game. I see him as more of a Nenad Krstic (with better ball skills).

Comment

So, does that mean that if Gherardini was from Los Angeles, he'd automatically pick a player from California? .
                            No, he would pick a player from any of the States because that's what he knows and therefore that's his preference. Gheradini was a GM in an Italian team that competed in the euroleague therefore that's what he knows and that is his preference. This preference is why we have so many europeans on the team this season and over the past 4 seasons.

Would you automatically pick a Canadian even if he was completely wrong for the team? No. You pick the best player for the team. .
                            No you don't have the luxery to pick the best player for the team, you have 29 other teams competing and when you are not a hot destination for top talent American players, you sometimes need to go to the euro route. However this is only applied when you speak free agency, through drafts and trades you can get alot better players that on average happen to be Americans and happened to play a different style of basketball then the Europeans.

If Gherardini would really be that swayed because a player played for his old club, that he would never have gotten to where he is.
                            Well then how do you explain drafting Bargnani?! This was a pivotal draft moment and having the luxery of having the first overall pick, the Raptors picked a player that no other team in the NBA would have the guts picking him first overall if they were in their position. Colangelo was swayed by Gheradini to pick Bargnani, a player that he knew very well while not having a clue about other college players because of his background.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              No, he would pick a player from any of the States because that's what he knows and therefore that's his preference. Gheradini was a GM in an Italian team that competed in the euroleague therefore that's what he knows and that is his preference. This preference is why we have so many europeans on the team this season and over the past 4 seasons.
                              Just because that's what he knows, doesn't necessarily mean that he'd automatically chose a European player over an American who might be better suited. Knowing something well, and having a preference for it are two different things. The Raptors have brought 4 players over from Europe, and Ukic was drafted by the previous GM. Gheradini being the Assistant GM didn't cause the Raptors to grab Turkoglu. They grabbed Turkoglu because Neither Ariza nor Marion wanted to play in Toronto.

Besides, why didn't the Raptors pick the one player they could have last year with European experience: Brandon Jennings?

No you don't have the luxery to pick the best player for the team, you have 29 other teams competing and when you are not a hot destination for top talent American players, you sometimes need to go to the euro route. However this is only applied when you speak free agency, through drafts and trades you can get alot better players that on average happen to be Americans and happened to play a different style of basketball then the Europeans.
                              Actually, in the draft, you do have the luxury of picking the best player. You choose them not the other way around. So, in other words, the Raptors don't have to go after a European player. They can draft anyone, as they did last year when they drafted DeRozan.

Well then how do you explain drafting Bargnani?! This was a pivotal draft moment and having the luxery of having the first overall pick, the Raptors picked a player that no other team in the NBA would have the guts picking him first overall if they were in their position. Colangelo was swayed by Gheradini to pick Bargnani, a player that he knew very well while not having a clue about other college players because of his background.
                              Why on earth do you not think that Colangelo wanted to draft Bargnani, as well? You seem to think it was only Gheradini, and without him, the Raptors wouldn't have picked Bargnani. Besides, just because they picked Bargnani, doesn't necessarily mean they will pick a European every time they can. That's ridiculous. Gheradini is a smart basketball mind who has been in North America for four years. There is absolutely no reason to think that Gheradini will automatically select a European if given the chance. By now, Gheradini knows the US college players far better than either you or I. If he picks what he knows, he's going to end up picking the best player available, no matter where he is from.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X