Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM: LBJ & Bosh in Chicago Very Possible (ESPN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM: LBJ & Bosh in Chicago Very Possible (ESPN)

LINK

This according to Chad Ford:

One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."
    If this happens, the Raps and 25 other teams might as well forget about winning a title for the next 7 years.

Boston really f**ked things up last night! F**king C**tics!!
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Fri May 14, 2010, 10:09 AM.
    RR OG

Just as long as nobody ends up going to the Knicks, I won't be too crushed. A Knicks fan with something to cheer about is about as pleasant as fingernails on a chalkboard.

Comment

Bosh will stay with the Raptors.

These stories come out because people love to gossip and NBA writers/bloggers need something to write about that people will read.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I can't wait until July 1 and this is all over we'll either be re building or contending . But i don't want specualte anymore and all on what one player does .
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Nervous times for a lot of teams. I can't see the NBA allowing mega-teams. It's just bad for business. We all know the impact it will have on fan bases in Cleveland and Toronto if Lebron and Chris respectively leave. The NBA knows it too, so I think STern and co. will try to guide the megastars back to their respective clubs.

But damn, if the Bulls land Lebron and Chris to go along with Noah and Rose, it would be pointless to play the games. Teams will mentally check out before games. They could easily challenge the 96 Bulls regular season record of 72 wins..and would probably coast to the finals every year.
          Last edited by MangoKid; Fri May 14, 2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I have many problems with this. The biggest one that stands out in my mind is the Lakers can offer more than Chicago and they would be a more desireable location. He could play next to Kobe and pretty much be guaranteed to win rings in an excellent, PROVEN system. What have the Bulls done since they lost Jordan? Nothing. They have showed no staying power where as the Lakers are always in competition for a Championship or making plays to compete for one shortly.
            Last edited by Apollo; Fri May 14, 2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I have many problems with this. The biggest one that stands out in my mind is the Lakers can offer more than Chicago and they would be a more desireable location. He could play next to Kobe and pretty much be guaranteed to win rings in an excellent, PROVEN system. What have the Bulls done since they lost Jordan? Nothing. They have showed no staying power where as the Lakers are always in competition for a Championship or making plays to compete for one shortly.
              It's funny. I thought about the same thing this morning. The Lakers could essentially offer the Cavs the same package they were rumoured to have been offering the Raptors for Bosh and instead have Kobe, Gasol, Artest and Lebron as part of the starting 5.
              I think the main thing though is that could Lebron share the spotlight with Kobe?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Nervous times for a lot of teams. I can't see the NBA allowing mega-teams. It's just bad for business. We all know the impact it will have on fan bases in Cleveland and Toronto if Lebron and Chris respectively leave. The NBA knows it too, so I think STern and co. will try to guide the megastars back to their respective clubs.

But damn, if the Bulls land Lebron and Chris to go along with Noah and Rose, it would be pointless to play the games. Teams will mentally check out before games. They could easily challenge the 96 Bulls regular season record of 72 wins..and would probably coast to the finals every year.
                There's already Mega teams i mean the Spurs were one for most of the 00's and the Lakers have right now, but this one would be insane because they are all in their early 20's and would probably win in the regular season but you never know in post season. I hope it doesn't happen, to have a "yankees" of basketball would bring the NBA down IMO for fans outside of Chicago.
                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                  There's already Mega teams i mean the Spurs were one for most of the 00's and the Lakers have right now, but this one would be insane because they are all in their early 20's and would probably win in the regular season but you never know in post season. I hope it doesn't happen, to have a "yankees" of basketball would bring the NBA down IMO for fans outside of Chicago.
                  The Spurs situation was different. The stars on their team were drafted and homegrown. It wasn't a situation where a whole fan base went down the tubes because of it. The Lakers situation is a bit different as well. We're talking about signing mega-stars in their prime - much to what you pointed out, what the yankees do.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    It's funny. I thought about the same thing this morning. The Lakers could essentially offer the Cavs the same package they were rumoured to have been offering the Raptors for Bosh and instead have Kobe, Gasol, Artest and Lebron as part of the starting 5.
                    I think the main thing though is that could Lebron share the spotlight with Kobe?
                    Kobe is in the twilight of his career. His body is already regressing a little, hence the suggestions that he play less minutes moving forward. You can't look at age as expiry date for Kobe. He's been in the league since he was 18 and has logged as many or more playoff minutes than anyone in the league since then. Kobe now cares about winnning rings because he has all the inidividual accolades and all that's left is to beat the top dogs in championships, top dogs like MJ. LeBron would secure that even when Kobe can't carry a club anymore he can still play second fiddle and keep on winning rings. L.A. is big enough for both these guys. I fail to see how LeBron's star is going to dim in L.A., if anything he gets more popular if that's possible. LeBron's game would fit with Kobe like a glove. LeBron is selfless on the court while realizing his own abilities to score and taking advantage of them when possible. Kobe and LeBron would fit perfect together.

Comment

A team with Lebron and Bosh wouldn't beat the Celtics, let alone the Magic. Chicago should target Lebron and another winner-type player, like say Wade, Amar'e.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

What has Amare won? Bosh never had the luxury of playing next to one of the greatest PGs off all-time. The main difference between Bosh and Amare, besides Bosh's superior skills, is the fact that Bosh lacks Steve Nash. That's not exactly something he can take to the gym in the off-season and work on... Damn Bosh for lacking Nash. I don't remember seeing a lack of Nash on his scouting report when they drafted him... Someone dropped that ball because Wade went at five and he had a special ability better than Nash, he was oozing with Shaq.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Fri May 14, 2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Kobe is in the twilight of his career. His body is already regressing a little, hence the suggestions that he play less minutes moving forward. You can't look at age as expiry date for Kobe. He's been in the league since he was 18 and has logged as many or more playoff minutes than anyone in the league since then. Kobe now cares about winnning rings because he has all the inidividual accolades and all that's left is to beat the top dogs in championships, top dogs like MJ. LeBron would secure that even when Kobe can't carry a club anymore he can still play second fiddle and keep on winning rings. L.A. is big enough for both these guys. I fail to see how LeBron's star is going to dim in L.A., if anything he gets more popular if that's possible. LeBron's game would fit with Kobe like a glove. LeBron is selfless on the court while realizing his own abilities to score and taking advantage of them when possible. Kobe and LeBron would fit perfect together.
                          It's well documented that they fit together. They played on team USA together, so that's not the issue. No matter how you slice it, it's still Kobe's team if Lebron goes there. It's like when Alex Rodriguez went to the Yankees. Even with A-Rod on the team, it's still still considered Derek Jeter's team. I think there's a sense that Lebron wants to be the face of a team/franchise. Lebron's star will still shine, just not as much as Kobe's. And Kobe can still play for another 4-5 years at an MVP-type level.

Comment

Mango, this isn't a soap opera. Did anyone discredit what Kobe did when Shaq was there? I don't remember it if they did, he got all the accolades you could dream and rings. Kobe doesn't even have much time left in the league. As soon as he starts to regress who's team is it then? Look at it this way, when TD entered San Antonio it was the Admiral's team but when the Admiral started to regress it turned into Duncan's team. I think you're making a big thing out of nothing. We're not talking about kids fighting over a toy here. There is lots of spotlight to go around in L.A. and no one is going to suddenly start discrediting James if he goes to L.A., if anything he will get more praise because he'll have some hardware and be part of the Lakers lore.

Comment

When people think back to '99 they don't think "Robinson's team" or "Duncan's team". They think:

Comment

Working...
                              X