Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama Pressuring Lebron To Sign With Chicago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Pressuring Lebron To Sign With Chicago?

When the U.S. President talks to you and suggests that you sign with the Bulls how do you say no?

I mean how is Lebron going to say no to Obama? No way Barack. This looks like it is in the bag for Chicago. You betcha'

PDcavsinsider

This is how insane this already is w/ 47 days to go. Today, no lie, Obama (Bulls) and Michael Bloomberg (Knicks) made FA pitches to LeBron. about 2 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri May 14, 2010, 08:40 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

He could say "I'll sign with the Bulls as soon as you stop signing over the countries' money to a handful of greedy bankers." That would be a fair statement.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      He could say "I'll sign with the Bulls as soon as you stop signing over the countries' money to a handful of greedy bankers." That would be a fair statement.
      So how many titles do think Rose and Lebron will win together?

1 Title
      3 Titles
      5 Titles

What is your guess?

So much for the Raptors winning a NBA title in the next 6 or 7 years.

Oh well. The NBA will always be a fun game to watch. After all as Sheed has said.

"It is just entertainment"
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I just remembered.

Didn't Obama make a plea to the Olympic Committee on Chicago's behalf? In fact I think he actually flew over to Europe to present his case. Of course the IOC is not American so they said "Thanks but no thanks" and chose Buenos Aris instead of Chicago.

I don't think Lebron will have a choice like they did.

Comment

Bloomberg says NBA’s LeBron James would love NYC

Bloomberg says NBA’s LeBron James would love NYC

NEW YORK (AP)—Mayor Michael Bloomberg says that if LeBron James(notes) calls to ask what it’s like to live in New York City, he will give the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar a “big sales pitch.”

“Rumors are that both the Knicks and the Nets would like to get him. I would never take sides on that, but I think it would be great for New York if he would come here,” Bloomberg said on his weekly Friday show on WOR Radio.

The two-time MVP will be the most-coveted prize when the NBA’s free agency period starts July 1.

One Twitter posting said, “Can we change the Bronx to LeBronx? Pretty please, at least until July 1.” The mayor’s office happily retweeted it, adding: “Good one!”
          cont on link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...=ap-nyc-lebron

Comment

This whole thread is f'ing stupid.

Comment

Stephen Harper better get in on this....
              "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
                This whole thread is f'ing stupid.
                About this thread:

http://www.johnspeedie.com/healy/brilliant.wav
                ==========================================

Note at the beginning of the video Obama's references to the fact that Jackson had won more NBA titles while the coach of the Bulls

[IMG][/IMG]

Include President Obama as another Chicago Bulls fan rooting for LeBron James to move to Chicago.

ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog

Bulls blog The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

"He doesn't want to tamper," senior adviser to the president -- and former Bulls season-ticket holder -- David Axelrod said. "But as a Chicago fan, the president thinks LeBron would look great in a Bulls uniform."
                http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5189274

On Fox Business News on Thursday, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said, "I think Derrick Rose is the man. He's Jason Kidd with a jump shot. I think he'll be a great point guard in the NBA, and he's from Chicago."

When the quote was relayed to Rose, he said, "Wow, that's big. Someone running for president already comparing me to a veteran. I can't let that get to my head. I still have to get out there and play."

Later, Rose's college coach at the University of Memphis, John Calipari, said, "That's why Obama is going to be our next president. He knows his hoops. I'd say that's a fairly accurate assessment.
                http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...se-scene_N.htm
                Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat May 15, 2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

with those two moronic additions, the thread just got stupider

Comment

Obama weighs in: LeBron to Bulls

NYPOST.COM STAFF

Last Updated: 5:26 PM, May 14, 2010

Posted: 5:24 PM, May 14, 2010

Even President Obama has an idea where LeBron James should play.

The former Senator from Illinois said through a spokesman that James should join Obama's hometown Chicago Bulls.

"He doesn't want to tamper," senior adviser to the president -- and former Bulls season-ticket holder -- David Axelrod told ESPN.com. "But as a Chicago fan, the president thinks LeBron would look great in a Bulls uniform."

Obama, an avid pickup basketball player, is a diehard White Sox fan and mentioned the Chicago team several times when the Yankees visited the White House last month.

The report says "Obama also filmed a video tribute to Johnny 'Red' Kerr for the beloved Bulls announcer's retirement ceremony in February of 2009."
                    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...27lFxuShbJyRbI

Obama wasn't even interviewed about this.

He just had his spokesperson do a little nudging

Comment

Obama to appear with Kelly Clarkson, LeBron James in back-to-school special next month

AP
                      August 19th, 2009

Obama to appear in back-to-school program

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will appear in a back-to-school television special with singer Kelly Clarkson and basketball star LeBron James next month.

In the special, Obama, Clarkson and James all are shown alongside behind-the-scenes colleagues;
                      http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/08/1...t-month-25787/

Comment

Apolitical no longer: Cavaliers' LeBron James donates to Barack Obama campaign

By Jamie Turner
                        July 30, 2008, 6:47PM
                        Tony Dejak/Associated PressOnce careful to withhold information about his political or social beliefs, LeBron James made his stance on the presidential race known by donating to Barack Obama's campaign.
                        LeBron James' boldest statement until now has been his obviously flawed choice in baseball caps. Even then, when the Cavaliers star wore a Yankees hat to an Indians playoff game last year, he only risked the boos and hatred of most of Cleveland.

Now, he's risking his popularity with the nation's Republicans.

James has lavished a little more than 0.1 percent of his 2008-09 salary of $14.4 million on the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, according to Federal Election Commission records. In June, the Cavaliers star donated $20,000 to the Democratic White House Victory Fund, a joint committee set up by Obama and the Democratic Party for the presidential race
                        http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200...statement.html

It would really be amazing if Lebron signed with someone else other than the Bulls.

Comment

Working...
                        X