Raptors Will Push For a Bosh S&T to the Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Will Push For a Bosh S&T to the Lakers

Before you get excited, this is Sam Smith reporting this. The man who is infamously known to create rumours out of sheer boredom.

Rumors persist the Raptors will push for a sign-and-trade to the Lakers with Bosh, and Bosh is said to be amenable to that, though there is no word yet whether the Lakers would be as it obviously would have to involve one of their centers, Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol. That would be difficult to do if they repeat, though I can still see LeBron James going to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade for one of them.
    Source - Click here

Not sure if interchanging Gasol for Bosh does much. If Bynum is heading this way then we'll all be holding our breath any time his feet leave the ground. If only Smith made up a rumor about Houston, Oklahoma or Portland instead of L.A.

Comment

he sees lebron with the lakers? this guy is certifiably nuts.

Comment

A Bynum trade would be great if we could click the undo button once he got hurt!

Comment

The Lakers are the defending champions, and are clearly good enough to win another title this season. If they had lost in the first or second round maybe I could see them shaking things up by going after Bosh. But why trade away guys who have been key components to championship level teams? It's not like the Lakers need better talent to get to the next level. They're arguably the most talented team in the league. They're already at the next level. There is no next level when you're the best team in the league.

Trading Bynum for Bosh would be risky from the Lakers perspective, as they bring different skill sets to the table, and that could mess with the excellent system the Lakers currently have in place. Trading Gasol for Bosh would be a bit of a talent upgrade without a significant change in play style, so I could see them considering it, but when you're as good as the Lakers are, why take the risk?

Only way I see this happening is if Gasol gets absolutely destroyed against Phoenix or in the Finals, and that's highly unlikely.

Comment

Swaping out Bynum for Bosh should be a no brainer for them. They hardly have his services now and they still keep rolling. If they can turn a guy that's only 50/50 to play in a game into a top five player in the league I think they need to do that. The magnitude of the players involved is huge but the risk for the Lakers would be small. They have more risk by holding on to Bynum.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Swaping out Bynum for Bosh should be a no brainer for them. They hardly have his services now and they still keep rolling. If they can turn a guy that's only 50/50 to play in a game into a top five player in the league I think they need to do that. The magnitude of the players involved is huge but the risk for the Lakers would be small. They have more risk by holding on to Bynum.
              It's not all about pure talent, or even about injury concerns. It's about a fit in their system, which is looking pretty flawless at the moment, and already features 2 high usage players (Bryant and Gasol) and a guy who thinks he should be a high usage player (Artest).

It's about playing Bosh or Gasol for 30+ minutes at the center spot every night. It's about replacing a guy that weighs 285 with a guy that weighs 230. It's about adding a player that requires 15-20 FGAs per night to be effective. It's about replacing a 57% shooter with a 49% shooter.

The Lakers have had success using their center as a defender/rebounder, and not as a primary offensive option. I know they've had success without Bynum in the past, but the fact that Phil throws him out there even with questionable health indicates how important that role is to the team.

I'm not saying Bosh in LA couldn't or wouldn't work. For all I know adding Bosh to that team could make them the best team in the history of the league. I'm just saying when you're already the best, why fuck with what got you there if you don't have to?

Comment

The Raptors would be better off with Oden and his injuries than Bynum and his. Bynum plays softer than Bargnani. The only difference between the two is that Bynum has a much better game on offense in the post and Bargnani has a game outside the arc.

I do give Bynum credit for giving it a go last night but when your defense makes Robin Lopez look better than Brook which he did you are no better than Bargnani on defense and maybe even worse.

Say no to Bynum and yes to Oden.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

TM Williamson wrote: View Post
                  It's about playing Bosh or Gasol for 30+ minutes at the center spot every night. It's about replacing a guy that weighs 285 with a guy that weighs 230. It's about adding a player that requires 15-20 FGAs per night to be effective. It's about replacing a 57% shooter with a 49% shooter.
                  Gasol is 7ft, 250lbs. He's a big boy, has played center in the past and is playing center at times in present time. He would be fine. Bosh also has experience playing center. He's 6'10", 245lbs. He would be fine. Those two guys in the paint together on defense would be better than most and on offense there would no stopping them. Kobe is going to need more help on offense moving forward. He's starting to get older and he's not going to continue as is much longer. Bosh only takes six more shots than Bynum per game and he shot 52% from the field this season. You failed to mention the defensive problems Bosh give teams and how he gets to the line twice as much. Here's another one for you:

In seasons where Bynum averages over 28 minutes per games (the past three) he only appears in 61% of the games.

For Bosh's career he's averaged 37 minutes and appeared in 89% of the games.

Bynum is a high liability asset. Even if Bosh didn't work out he would net them something better than Bynum later. Then there's the fact that Bosh fit into team U.S.A like a glove. Didn't miss a beat. He's proven he can fit a system where he has a reduced role on offense and do great.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  Say no to Bynum and yes to Oden.
                  Doesn't matter if Bosh says yes to L.A. and no to Portland.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Tue May 18, 2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

As much as I love D. Fisher's game the Lakers will need to replace him sooner than they will need to get help for Kobe. Neither Farmar nor Brown will do the trick.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers pulled off some trade for a top #5 point guard or maybe even a trade to get the rights to R. Rubio. While Rubio would maybe not want to play in Minny he would love to play in Los Angeles, make no mistake about it.

With Rubio at PG that would extend Kobe's ability to play at a top level for a number of years.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      he sees lebron with the lakers? this guy is certifiably nuts.
                      ya, especially for one of gasol or bynum, whats he smoking cause i want some.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

TM Williamson wrote: View Post
                        I'm not saying Bosh in LA couldn't or wouldn't work. For all I know adding Bosh to that team could make them the best team in the history of the league. I'm just saying when you're already the best, why fuck with what got you there if you don't have to?
                        Same reason they swapped Ariza for Artest.
                        If you're amazing, but you can still get better, why the fuck not?

Comment

Not sure if interchanging Gasol for Bosh does much. If Bynum is heading this way then we'll all be holding our breath any time his feet leave the ground. If only Smith made up a rumor about Houston, Oklahoma or Portland instead of L.A.
                          I think it would be good for both teams.
                          Raps will get a good center who will be willing to stick around,
                          and Lakers will get someone who is younger and can help Kobe on offense
                          much more than Gasol can in the future.

Comment

Gasol is 7ft, 250lbs. He's a big boy, has played center in the past and is playing center at times in present time. He would be fine. Bosh also has experience playing center. He's 6'10", 245lbs. He would be fine. Those two guys in the paint together on defense would be better than most and on offense there would no stopping them. Kobe is going to need more help on offense moving forward. He's starting to get older and he's not going to continue as is much longer. Bosh only takes six more shots than Bynum per game and he shot 52% from the field this season. You failed to mention the defensive problems Bosh give teams and how he gets to the line twice as much. Here's another one for you:

In seasons where Bynum averages over 28 minutes per games (the past three) he only appears in 61% of the games.

For Bosh's career he's averaged 37 minutes and appeared in 89% of the games.

Bynum is a high liability asset. Even if Bosh didn't work out he would net them something better than Bynum later. Then there's the fact that Bosh fit into team U.S.A like a glove. Didn't miss a beat. He's proven he can fit a system where he has a reduced role on offense and do great.
                            As I said, for all we know it could be a great fit. And yes, Bosh is a less risky asset than Bynum from an objective perspective. All I'm saying is if I was running the Lakers, the last thing I would want to do coming off back to back dominant seasons is make a MAJOR change to the makeup of the team.

And the Artest/Ariza swap is hardly comparable. Ariza was a free agent, and they felt that he priced himself higher than what he was worth. They were able to replace him with a very comparable player without altering their system really at all.

I just can't think of any situation where the best team in the league has made a move of this magnitude without being forced through free agency or player demands. It's too risky to mess with success when you don't have to.

So as I said, I'm not saying this would necessarily be a bad move for the Lakers, I'm just saying there are more than enough reasons for them not to risk it.

Comment

Working...
                            X