• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Bosh be Booed?

Just wondering
    what would you do applaud him for boo him like vince if u were at the game
    and what do u want to see happen
    i know its kinda a stupid question but i have been wondering for a while

I won't. Vince asked for a trade when he was already under contract. Not to mention he didn't play up to his abilities in most games after his injury (and admitted it afterward!). Bosh has always given it his all, puts in work in the off season, and he's leaving the "right way" (as a FA) as opposed to demanding a trade.

Comment

If anyone boos him, they will be morons. Vince was a dick and screwed the Raptors franchise and it's fans. Bosh gave the Raptors 7 years to try and build a contender around him, and they didn't even make the playoffs this year. Anyone who criticizes him for leaving has no grasp of reality.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He doesn't deserve it but someone will do it and embarass everyone else.

Comment

retire bosh's number with vince?

Comment

No question he'll be booed. ALmost every single Raptor probably outside of AP has been boo-ed. Hell, even Camby gets booed and he didn't do anything wrong. he just ended up getting traded.

Comment

noname27 wrote: View Post
              retire bosh's number with vince?
              What? From the phone book? I know they didn't do nearly enough in the ACC to justify such a honor.

Comment

He shouldnt be booed, but i dont think he deserves a standing ovation as well when he plays his first game in the ACC in a different jersey. He doesnt deserve the accolades, he really didnt carry the Raps to the next level. He padded his stats, but it was all to his benefit, even if it wasnt intentional.

I think with him leaving is selfish on his part, i mean the Raps basically waited on him on hands and knees, they gave him all the pieces that he wanted around him but he couldnt deliver. I know basketball is not a one-man game, but he really didnt lead this team as everybody was expecting him to do.

If BC does get another all-star caliber player and Bosh still leaves, i think he really needs to get booed. Im not sure why everybody is already saying he will leave, when he clearly stated during the season-ending presscon that he wants the Raps to get another all-star caliber player, and there is still time to do that.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  I think with him leaving is selfish on his part, i mean the Raps basically waited on him on hands and knees, they gave him all the pieces that he wanted around him but he couldnt deliver. I know basketball is not a one-man game, but he really didnt lead this team as everybody was expecting him to do.
                  I cannot in good conscience let this statement go without pointing out how obviously wrong it is. It was a hot topic of debate not very long ago about how Colangelo completely failed to build a team that suited Bosh, with players that complemented his skills. He certainly didn't lead this team anywhere, but it would not be selfish for him to leave nor did the organization give him a good team to play with.

Comment

He shouldnt be booed, but i dont think he deserves a standing ovation as well when he plays his first game in the ACC in a different jersey. He doesnt deserve the accolades, he really didnt carry the Raps to the next level. He padded his stats, but it was all to his benefit, even if it wasnt intentional.
                    The only reason he may have "padded his stats" is because no one else on the team was remotely close to his abilities and nobody gave him any help!

I guarantee his next stop will be a place where they will appreciate his "stat padding" and they'll be winners. He'll sign with a team that will get him the help he deserves, or they'll already have it.

Comment

If BC does get another all-star caliber player and Bosh still leaves, i think he really needs to get booed. Im not sure why everybody is already saying he will leave, when he clearly stated during the season-ending presscon that he wants the Raps to get another all-star caliber player, and there is still time to do that.
                      Okay, first of all for all of Bosh's faults, padding his stats is not one of them. And I'm not sure how you can pad stats unintentionally. That makes no sense.

As for him leaving being selfish, OF COURSE it's selfish. If you left one job for one at a better company when your contract was done, that would be a selfish move, but no one is going to begrudge your decision. I'm often astounded at how much loyalty fans expect of players who themselves could end up getting traded at the drop of a hat if it made the team better. And the only real complaint I have of Bosh is that he didn't become the defender that he could have. It would have been nice if he had become more of a leader, but it's such a rare and undefinable trait, especially for someone so young, it's hard to criticize him for it.

As for him leaving, I think there's still a chance he could return, but I don't even know if the Raptors brass are completely set on him returning. I mean, if you, yourself, say that Bosh never turned into the type of player everyone was expecting, and couldn't lead the team into the second round, are we sure we want to continue to go down that road?
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nice post Tim. Hope your signing up for RR's one on one competition.

As for CB possibly being booed, I really hope that doesn't happen. He has done nothing to deserve it. Hopefully Dino's fans choose to show some class and show him some love.
                        Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Wed May 19, 2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

We shouldn't be booing him but I know for a fact one drunk idiot will come by and screw it up, thats tradition for us sadly.

Comment

I for one will be picking up tickets to his first game back in the ACC and will be cheering loudly when he's introduced. We did it for MoPete, and I think Bosh deserves the same credit for what he has done here, even if it's not as much as many of us hoped for and expected.

Comment

I don't recall Bosh ever mentioning that he wanted the Raps to surround him with shooters that can't play defense. They tried to put the proper pieces around him, and they failed. He tried to lead an average to the playoffs (and the second round a couple times), and he also failed. Both sides failed to get the job done, so why does the onus for failure fall more on Bosh than on management?

Under no circumstances should Chris Bosh be booed. Regardless of what you think of his abilities as a player or leader, he gave his all for this team. There were never any major character concerns or allegations of him quitting on the team (until very recently, and I put little faith in those allegations). Even if the Raps do get another "all-star" (they're not getting a real all-star with the trade pieces they have now...it will be at best someone in the Jermaine O'Neal/Turkoglu mold, who Bryan can sell to the fans as a potential all-star), I wouldn't criticize Bosh for leaving. He has the opportunity to play with real stars and real coaches for franchises that are really committed to building winning teams. You can't boo him for taking advantage of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X