Do Orlando Miss the Turk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Orlando Miss the Turk?

Well what do we have today...the Magic down 2-0 (at home) against our "lovable" C%$tics.

And at crunch time our old pal Wince clanked crucial consecutive free throws with secs left. A choke job if ever (he of the 84% ft record). Say what of Hedo but he is ice at the line at closing time.

Do they in fact miss his distribution? I have heard it said that while Carter has attempted to fill that role he has been too closely guarded by Boston and has had trouble (at his height) to find Rashad Lewis who has had a horrendous series so far (avg. approx. 6 pts). Hedo had a height advantage in this role and performed it well last year. And of course with Nelson being guarded by Rondo the Magic may well have no other options.

Opinions?

There are lost of differences btw last year series and this year. First Rondo's improved himself from many aspects, esp his mid jumpers. Second, There were no KG last year. He means huge for Celtics. He is not just match-up nightmare for Shard also gives great motivation for his other team mates. On the other hand, there were no Vince last year too. He is definitely massive upgrade over rookie Lee. (Although Vince choked last FT attempts, he played well in both games, he was the only guy who creates his own shot in their current roster) Add Alston to last year positives because he could defend Rondo better than midget Nelson.

Those things can not change truth of being biggest difference was Hedo issue. Magic could not played their styles because Boston took Dwight one and one and not gave enough space to outside shooters by taking them tightly. They took their shots either too early or not played cleverly. They just fought hard. There were too many body contact during games and that ease the Celtics job cuz its their style of play. They dragged Magic into their styles and won both of them.

Hedo was center of Magic's nerve system. You can not degrade into just PnR's with him and D12. His overall basketball IQ was the difference. He may have off shooting nights but thats not gonna change his overall impact.

Comment

If you wonder what Magic Fans thinks for the same question, here is the link:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-turkoglu.html

Comment

I'm not quite sold that Hedo would've done better in Orlando this year (or anywhere else for that matter). He is talented, yes. But he came in tired after coming off a very long playoff run and playing for his country. It wasn't just the situation that made Hedo's production this year brutal. Hopefully this year he comes back energized and ready to get back to his old, playmaking, shot-making self.
        "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

I think they miss his play making abilities and this been discussed by the ESPN analysts. I also think Hedo is a better defender than the Cry Baby Vince and Vinny is exposing them in defense.
          However, I still don't think that they miss Hedo for the Price Tag that comes with him. Lets face it, we are over paying Hedo.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            I think they miss his play making abilities and this been discussed by the ESPN analysts. I also think Hedo is a better defender than the Cry Baby Vince and Vinny is exposing them in defense.
            However, I still don't think that they miss Hedo for the Price Tag that comes with him. Lets face it, we are over paying Hedo.
            Wait a minute, Hedo plays better defence than Vince??! in what universe exactly? cuz I might be in the wrong dimensions/Galaxy Where HEDO plays any type of defence at all.

Comment

I hope they miss him enough to try and get him back!
              Last edited by Aris; Thu May 20, 2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                Wait a minute, Hedo plays better defence than Vince??! in what universe exactly? cuz I might be in the wrong dimensions/Galaxy Where HEDO plays any type of defence at all.
                Your not in the wrong demension/galaxy. Vice is lazy but has the ability to play defence when he wants to. Turk is lazy and can't even spell the word let alone try and play it. He had a block on Kobe last year in the finals so people think hes a good defender, realy he was just a terrible defender on a good defensive team. It didn't show up as much until he came to the Raptors where the true Turk was reaveled for the world to see.

Comment

Turk is not better player than Vince, but certainly Magic is a better fit for Turk than is for Vince as Turk was meshing better with DH12. And Magic could have them both . Let's go Celtics !??!

Comment

yes they do.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                    X