ROY: Blake Griffin Vs. John Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROY: Blake Griffin Vs. John Wall

Who has a better shot at Rookie of the year honors? 2009 #1 overall Blake Griffin or soon to be 2010 #1 overall John Wall?
    Griffin
    50.00%
    Wall
    50.00%

Whoever takes Wall ahead of Evan Turner will live to regret it. Turner will wind up plastering the Wall.

ROY between Griffin and Turner.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri May 21, 2010, 07:53 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Guards are generally flashier and put up better numbers in their rookie seasons, so i'd say Wall/Turner. Blake will put up solid numbers but remember he's in the West playing against very strong frontcourts.

Comment

Wall will be given a much greater opportunity to win it. They're going to put the ball in his hands and let him go to work, much like Sacramento and Milwaukee did with Evans and Jennings this season.

Blake is coming onto a team with a pretty good amount of young talent, so he won't be leaned on that heavily. If the Wiz trade Arenas (and even if they don't), Wall is going to dominate the ball, and be given every opportunity to average 20+ points and 5+ assists. I don't know if Wall is necessarily the better player, but he plays the better position and is coming into a better situation (in terms of personal stats and recognition)

Comment

Wall is the best rookie since Bron, its his award to lose, but I doubt he will able to pull the Wizards outta the dumps and into the play offs in his first year.

The Clippers are going to be money assuming they draft well and pick up a big a free agent. Losing Camby frees up a lot of boards for Griffin.

At gunpoint I take Wall his game will be more versatile and the year off could hurt Griffin's game a lil, wonky knees are not a sure thing.

Comment

I think Griffin, Wall and Turner all have a comparable chance to win the award.

I would Griffin the slight advantage because he is on a more talented team and therefore his squad will win more games ... may be the separating vote.

Good chance for Co-ROYs next season
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
              I think Griffin, Wall and Turner all have a comparable chance to win the award.

I would Griffin the slight advantage because he is on a more talented team and therefore his squad will win more games ... may be the separating vote.

Good chance for Co-ROYs next season
              I actually think that hurts his chances. He's gonna see less touches and less shots, because it will be more important for him to fit in with the other solid players they have there. If Arenas is gone, who's going to steal shots from Wall? Wall will get the keys to the offense and be the focal point from day one. I don't know if Griffin will be the focal point at all next season.

Historically, the ROY has been won by players who come onto a bad team and establish themselves as the go to guy immediately. 4 of the last 5 ROYs have been ball dominant guards who play a similar game to Wall (the other was Durant, who basically plays like a 2 guard), and none of them experienced great team success in year one. ROY is the one award that lends itself to putting up big numbers on a bad team. Like you said, team success is a factor when two guys are close individually, but I think Wall is going to be given a significantly greater opportunity to pad his stats than Griffin next season.

Comment

Griffin is he stays healthy, but that's not happening in L.A.

Comment

Working...
                X